Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 07-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Luckymadon

Just a dream or did it really happen?

I had a few of these experiences in my life, but the one that stands out happened about 20 years ago. I had put my daughter, (then about 18mos old) down for her nap and then I layed down on the sofa and fell asleep. The next thing I remember is 'waking up' in a hospital bed, a few of my neighbors sitting at my bedside explaining to me what is going on. They said I had a seizure and the neurologist had been called in to examine me. (I don't remember being examined). I was very worried about my daughter and was told she is fine. This experience stands out in my mind and seems very real, but when I later mentioned it to my mom and the neighbors who were 'at my bedside' when I woke up in the hospital, they looked at me as if I were crazy and told me that no such thing happened! But it was soooo real! Am I crazy??!
Old 19-10-2011, 06:23 AM
b3yond33

I believe the experience you had is called a False Awakening. A False Awakening essentially means when one thinks they've awoken from their dream/sleep when in reality they are still asleep. The people that you've told about the experience could not recall those events taking place because they didn't occur in waking reality, only in your realistic dream.