Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworm
Hello all, y'know I wish I perused this website more often.

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel really sick and tired of living in this world? Or feel drained of being constantly bombarded with negative energy, with the needs of the body, and the difficulty in maintaining relationships and existing in a social world full of judgement, hate and suffering?
I'm usually quite a happy and optimistic person. But lately I've felt so irritable and am sometimes literally sick to my stomach when I think of how psychologically difficult it is to be alive in this world. I have a great life, but sometimes I am so discouraged with how hard it is to overcome the daily stresses and fluctuations in emotion, to feel God even in moments of anger. It is also so hard to not perpetuate evil, when I am in a low mood then sometimes I can be a huge ***** and although I try hard to be at peace with the universe and be a Light, I end up spreading negativity and hate, even if only in a small way. I feel so guilty over this and wonder if I really am evolving spiritually through the work I'm doing.

I am so tired of being negatively influenced and accidentally being a negative influence. Sometimes I want to move on from this life in the human world and become a non-sentient plant.
The conditioning of the ego, is designed to depress people like you, like conditioning of the ego did to me. The conditioning of the ego has the purpose of you learning from it.
Old 22-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworm
I am so tired of being negatively influenced and accidentally being a negative influence. Sometimes I want to move on from this life in the human world and become a non-sentient plant.
Hello Fernworm:

Your saying this reminded me of the time, many years ago now, when I was very depressed and bummed out by what was going on in my life 'talking' to the trees that I passed by on my walks (which were the only 'positive' actions I was able to take at the time), asking them to send me life-energy blessings promising them that I would send energy blessings back to them when I was well again.

The point being the implementation of the spiritual principle "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." in order to heal/improve my then-current 'illness' condition.

The suggestion here being for you to clearly identify what 'outcome' you would most like - based on your above words, I would guess this would be something like "being positively influenced and being able to deliberately be a positive influence" - and then wish-praying for believing in the possibility of such outcome. Believing on what basis? On the basis of the fact that thoughts and expectations are spiritually power-full dynamisms of Being-and-Becoming, a/k/a LIFE!

You clearly know what you don't want. Now is the time (because you are motivated by having plenty of that) to focus your intention and attitude on what you do want - to turn your 'curse' into a 'blessing'.

Old 22-01-2020, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello Fernworm:

Your saying this reminded me of the time, many years ago now, when I was very depressed and bummed out by what was going on in my life 'talking' to the trees that I passed by on my walks (which were the only 'positive' actions I was able to take at the time), asking them to send me life-energy blessings promising them that I would send energy blessings back to them when I was well again.

The point being the implementation of the spiritual principle "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." in order to heal/improve my then-current 'illness' condition.

The suggestion here being for you to clearly identify what 'outcome' you would most like - based on your above words, I would guess this would be something like "being positively influenced and being able to deliberately be a positive influence" - and then wish-praying for believing in the possibility of such outcome. Believing on what basis? On the basis of the fact that thoughts and expectations are spiritually power-full dynamisms of Being-and-Becoming, a/k/a LIFE!

You clearly know what you don't want. Now is the time (because you are motivated by having plenty of that) to focus your intention and attitude on what you do want - to turn your 'curse' into a 'blessing'.

I think that's one of the best posts you've wriiten D. It's refreshing to find you aren't quoting your book. Writing a personal account of something from your life it's much better imo.
Old 22-01-2020, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think that's one of the best posts you've wriiten D. It's refreshing to find you aren't quoting your book. Writing a personal account of something from your life it's much better imo.
Mind you, Jo, I think what's in my book and treatise is much more important/valuable to share with humanity. Am very glad you appreciated what I shared in the above post nevertheless.

BTW, I shared the same 'ideas' in my treatise, just with a less personal and more culture-healing purpose/focus, in my treatise, to wit:
What anyone thinks Jesus really meant when he used such and related phrases and why he or she imagines he chose to speak of God as ‘the Father’ and himself as ‘the Son’ (of said Father) will, of course, depend on his or her personal apprehension and understanding of metaphysical realities and ‘sense’ of what the mind-and-heart sets of the people around Jesus were like at the time. My own conclusions in this regard, which I proffer for consideration and contemplation, are that he used ‘the Father’ to reference the progenitive Source (hence, ‘the Creator’) of all existential being, and ‘the Son’ to reference the totality of said Creator’s Creation (d/b/a Creativity), in other words The Entity of Life as It exists and continues to express Itself in Being.

Why did he choose to do so? I think because the people around him were much more likely to meaningfully and emotionally relate to what such Father and Son ‘figures’ symbolically represented and, consequently, pragmatically understand the nature of the relationship between said existential realities to functionally be as a result of having personally experienced parents and the blessings as well as the vicissitudes of being familial offspring themselves, more so at least than if he had referenced and spoken about such realities in abstract philosophical terms.

Just imagine the silently questioning, “What the heck is this guy talking about?” blank stares that would be on the faces of people in a (hypothetical) movie crowd-scene wherein Deepak Chopra (one of today’s preeminent metaphysicians), after being science-fictionally whisked back to Jesus’ time and setting, verbalized the same sorts of things that folks presently throng around him to hear: “Pure [ to all 'purists'] consciousness is your ground state and it is a field of infinite possibilities!” and “The field is organizing everything in creation: the movement of galaxies, the movement of stars, the rotation of the earth, the cycles of the seasons, the biological rhythms of our bodies, birds migrating at the right season to the right place, fish returning to their spawning grounds, the biological rhythms of nature as found in flowers, vegetation, and animals. It is literally a field of infinite organizing power. It can do an infinite number of things all at the same time and then correlate them with each other;” for instance.

And contrast this with what you imagine the people who were actually there (around Jesus) then must have thought and felt on hearing him preach things like: “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?” (Matthew 7:7-11)

Even in today’s world, I submit, those who haven’t intelligently grasped the implications of the postulates and research findings of Quantum Physics to the degree necessary to meaningfully comprehend the way in which such particle-wave, vibrating matter-energy concept based reality-paradigm ‘explains’ why and how and things ‘manifest’ – and, because only a small fraction of our population is capable of appreciating such abstractions, this references most folks on the planet at present – are much more likely to mentally and emotionally ‘groove’ with and consequently behaviorally operate in a positively functional, holistically co-relative manner using Jesus’ archetypal parent↔offspring schemata.

I avail myself of the opportunity to bring this up in response to your raising the subject by way of your 'critical' comment here, Jo, even though issues and concerns addressed herein are not of interest and so not likely to be appreciated by the likes of you.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
I think what's in my book and treatise is much more important/valuable to share with humanity.
It's not being shared though is it.

Quote:
I avail myself of the opportunity to bring this up in response to your raising the subject

There was no need, only yours it seems.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:35 PM
Master
Edit: Never mind.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I know this wasn't aimed at me, but still, I find your tone very hurtful, David. I thought JB was being constructive in what she said rather than having a dig, but your tone here shows that you're hyper-sensitive to criticism, perceived or actual.

It's all very well talking theory in relation to Jesus, but how about you actually practiced what the man preached as well?
Your view of 'constructive' is questionable, IMO. She is like a mother who 'praises' her child for having just done what she likes, saying "Do more of what I like, like what you just did, not the other things you often do which I don't like."

BTW, I am a human being too!
Old 23-01-2020, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
There was no need, only yours it seems.
What seems to you to be a 'need' is actually a 'desire', Jo.

Hopefully this will help you to correct your misperception in this regard:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=64
Old 23-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Edit: Never mind.
Also BTW, human being, I 'mind' everything, albeit I am quite selective in terms of what I choose to engage with.

In response to your presuming that your view/understanning of Jesus's doings and teaching to be accurate (right?), here is what I said about how I think many don't understand what he was about (from a footnote in my treatise):
"Many who think that being unconditionally ‘kind’ and/or equally ‘generous’ in relation to others was what Jesus advocated in the ‘name’ of Universal Love don’t realize that his ‘turn the other cheek’, ‘give him your shirt also’ and ‘walk an extra mile if and when compelled to walk one’ statements (see Mathew 5:39-41) shrewdly coached physiosocially ‘powerless’ people to psychospiritually embarrass and thereby (hopefully) pique the conscience of those who were being unconscionably coercive and exploitative (in face of the fact that they would invite and likely incur further abuse if they attempted to ‘resist’ such treatment). His endorsement of the use of ‘embarrassment’ and ‘showing people up’ (for the abusers that they are!) as tactics in service of the cause of ‘truth and justice’ is especially apparent in his advice that folks take off and give their shirts (as well!) to anyone who sued them for and were being awarded their coats (for non-payment of debt), because the men in his culture just wore (long) shirts under their (long) coats, and they would therefore thereby ‘flash’ and ‘moon’ (i.e. expose their genitals and asses to) their persecutors!☺
I hope this also gives you some validation as well as some and inspiration so you don't just think 'negatively' of your self if and when you are dealing with troublesomely negligent and/or abusive people in your live, Fernwood.

Old 23-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
What seems to you to be a 'need' is actually a 'desire', Jo.

Hopefully this will help you to correct your misperception in this regard:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=64

I think it's turned into an obsession.