Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 13-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Quagmire

Yes, I am pretty much connected with the Norse Deities, so it would not be wrong to say that I work with them.
Old 13-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Yes, I am pretty much connected with the Norse Deities, so it would not be wrong to say that I work with them.

What do you actually DO?

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 13-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Quagmire

Let us start in a place that is not what I do but who they are. So far as I know the Deities of the “European” Mythologies are the same Deities just different names, with Greek Mythology being one of the earlier descriptions and Norse Mythology being one of the younger descriptions of the same Deities. Also it is likely that some Deities only is mentioned in some of the Mythologies and not in all of them. The tricky part is knowing who is who.

For some while now my main Spirit Guide has not made any effort to hide that one of her names is Athena and unless I misunderstand her she is Sif in Norse Mythology. So as far as working with these Deities you can say that “I work” with them might more be the term that they work with me ;) After I have awakened to my true self Odin have shown himself to me as Zeus and here the last week I have had the honor of having Idun present.
Old 13-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Master

Hm.... I am trying to get a word with Odin and Eir myself; my spiritual activities are largely within their domain. You are saying that your main spirit guide is in fact one of the western world's major deities?
Old 13-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Quagmire

Yes that is what I say.

Have you had any luck in your contact with them in any way? A suggestion would be to search yourself for who of them you feel most connected with and start with focusing your energy there. After you have made contact with the first one, you can always make contact with the other... and slowly create a bond with those of the Deities you find yourself drawn to.
Old 13-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Master

The closest I have gotten to them as yet is a short conversation with someone's spirit guide who had been sent on a commission from Asgard by Freiya. This was basically the incidence that returned my faith in a norse pantheon after some negative experiences with posers a year ago.

My first birthname means Thor's Spear. But Odin is the obvious first norse god for me since he is the god of warriors, rage, and seid/magic - three things that mean a lot to me. Eir is my second; she is more obscure but the goddess of healing and that is the focus of much of my spiritual work. If Sif is the same as Mother Earth, something I want confirmed from her own channeled mouth if that is the case, then I am already working for her daily.

I can't channel. Or speak directly with spirits at all. I can barely get a word from my spirit guide. And all my meditation has proved fruitless so far. But indirectly, through mediums, I speak with spirits almost daily.
Old 13-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Quagmire

That is amazing and you should just keep talking to them, even if you feel you cannot receive their response. They are truly amazing beings.

I am curious, how did you come to the link between Sif and Mother Earth that should make them the same?

Have you asked your spirit guide how to further develop your abilities to receive messages from spirits. For me it is just a natural thing in my every day. I do not spend time meditating and so... I just speak with my guides (in my head) as I would anyone else. Though if I am alone in a room I will get no response
Old 13-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Master

I have not asked for mediumistic skills; I do not think that is my fated path.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sif
"In Norse mythology, Sif is a goddess associated with earth"
But basically it is just my unfounded assumption for now. One I plan to look into later as chance allows though. I should add that I already have talked with Mother earth, with channeled help.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Quagmire

But you do seem to have the skills hidden in you somewhere.

Yes, I do remember you talking to Mother Earth and do hope you will have fun speaking with Sif (and the other Deities).
Old 13-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Master

Quote:
But you do seem to have the skills hidden in you somewhere.

What makes you think this? All my spirit conversations happens through mediums. I don't do anything that most others are incapable of in this area.

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 06:19 AM.