Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Master
few questions about higher self

Hi
I have a few questions that i cant get me head around.
1.What is the higher self and were does the higher self live??
2.What happens to the consciousness that is me the one with these thoughts and asking this questions when i die??Do i this consciousness go to higher self??
3.Is my soul and the higher self the same or is there 3 of me??
4.If i die will i remember me as me or is the higher self the dominant one??
Thanks in advance
Old 24-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Master
What the higher self is, is not that strait forward.
Yes it can be the soul, like in my case, most likely not.
If you can think and imagine, a soul has more then one, several what we call spirits, energy structures that incarnate, in this case it creates a structure that oversees all incarnations.
If for some reason and there are many, a soul has only one spiritual structure, it will fulfill this role.
What will happen to your consciousness? I have pondered this question when I realized, outside this reality I am known as Rah nam, here I am Detlef. What will happen to Detlef when I have to return? I was frightened I get lost in the vast consciousness of Rah nam.
Then I realize I am Rah nam and all that I am here will be incorporated in what I am as Rah nam.
The difference is, I will know and remember everything.
Old 24-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Master
Anthony, some people go their entire life not knowing the answer to any of those.
Not everyone is on the same journey, therefore it varies.
I will answer the first one from my point of view.
The higher self is your fully realized self. The one that decided to enter the 'game' of life. I place it somewhere in the sixth dimension.
Old 24-05-2015, 09:55 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi
2.What happens to the consciousness that is me the one with these thoughts and asking this questions when i die??Do i this consciousness go to higher self??
Thanks in advance

There is more than 1 of you. There are many...of you. They are living in different places and in different times. They are a collective. This collective emerges an Overmind, an Oversoul. And that IS your Higher Self.

All of "you"s are technically interconnected into one Being. But most of us are not aware of the connections/links because we are blocked. (On purpose).

The Higher Self lives in different places at once because the many of "you" live in different places at once and IT lives through all of "You"s. The OverMind lives in the realm of the Mind (spiritual realm). So for it there is no physical space or time. So the Higher Self lives in both realms, the physical and the spiritual at the same time.

Imagine links and information transfers between each one of "you" through the spiritual realm or through some other dimension.

Your consciousness is saved within the Higher Self, it's a part of it. Imagine a computer with many different programs on it. You - are one of the programs on that computer.

Your consciousness is also going to be separate from the Higher Self (like now), but you could choose to change perspectives and to see things from the more integrated point of view, you can feel like you are the Higher Self because you are a part of it. So when it "plays" your consciousness, it will feel to you like you are the Higher Self, this Grand and Huge Being...

And when you feel like you are the Higher Self, you will also feel like the others parts of the Higher Self are all you. You will remember different experiences in different lifetimes and being different people in different incarnations and you will believe that they are all you.

Like sometimes we argue with our self, we scold our self, we have different moods, but we think that they are all "me" even though it's technically just many states or combinations of your consciousness. Combinations are the organization between different things and that combination changes from time to time which makes you act different and technically you're a different person, but you believe like it's all just one you. So it will be something like that.

You will remember you as you. And you will also remember you as something more than just you. Depending on perspective you'll choose to use to see things through. Depending on how much you would link up to the Higher Self.
Old 24-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Administrator
What defines your higher self to you this can be answered differently by everyone,for me it is the soul.the soul is who you are the body is just a suit to protect the soul,when we pass the soul goes on.we come from spirit and we go back to spirit,

Namaste
Old 25-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
There is more than 1 of you. There are many...of you. They are living in different places and in different times. They are a collective. This collective emerges an Overmind, an Oversoul. And that IS your Higher Self.

All of "you"s are technically interconnected into one Being. But most of us are not aware of the connections/links because we are blocked. (On purpose).

The Higher Self lives in different places at once because the many of "you" live in different places at once and IT lives through all of "You"s. The OverMind lives in the realm of the Mind (spiritual realm). So for it there is no physical space or time. So the Higher Self lives in both realms, the physical and the spiritual at the same time.

Imagine links and information transfers between each one of "you" through the spiritual realm or through some other dimension.

Your consciousness is saved within the Higher Self, it's a part of it. Imagine a computer with many different programs on it. You - are one of the programs on that computer.

Your consciousness is also going to be separate from the Higher Self (like now), but you could choose to change perspectives and to see things from the more integrated point of view, you can feel like you are the Higher Self because you are a part of it. So when it "plays" your consciousness, it will feel to you like you are the Higher Self, this Grand and Huge Being...

And when you feel like you are the Higher Self, you will also feel like the others parts of the Higher Self are all you. You will remember different experiences in different lifetimes and being different people in different incarnations and you will believe that they are all you.

Like sometimes we argue with our self, we scold our self, we have different moods, but we think that they are all "me" even though it's technically just many states or combinations of your consciousness. Combinations are the organization between different things and that combination changes from time to time which makes you act different and technically you're a different person, but you believe like it's all just one you. So it will be something like that.

You will remember you as you. And you will also remember you as something more than just you. Depending on perspective you'll choose to use to see things through. Depending on how much you would link up to the Higher Self.

Wow that's something i have to ponder a while.
One hell of a computer program were can i get one??lolll
Something to think about is why are we protected by guardian angels and
God and the guardian angels love us if we just a "program"(I know what you mean and makes sense)??
To be honest i believe that we do live in different times but that was my soul in another time and this consciousness was there i just cant remember it.
U might be thinking why ask what your higher self is if you think this but i don't know what the higher self is.So what you say about the higher self i don't say its not like that but i think this consciousness comes from the soul.
We are so busy in our daily life and life is so that we think we are just human and spirit does not exist.So we get separated and some don't even think about their soul never mind the higher self!!!
Just what i think and not to say its so but thanks for sharing i have more less an idea
Old 25-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
What defines your higher self to you this can be answered differently by everyone,for me it is the soul.the soul is who you are the body is just a suit to protect the soul,when we pass the soul goes on.we come from spirit and we go back to spirit,

Namaste

Yes that makes sense what i think too but i think the body is more than a suit its more like a ride for your soul lolll but yes it protects the soul and the only way we can live on this plane.
Old 26-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi

The higher self is a higher state of consciousness manifest in self-awareness or mindfulness which is holistic. The lower self is the ego which is fragmented and illusory.

Quote:

The state of pure consciousness is eternal and indestructible. Death is only of the body. Your consciousness remains intact. Its like you have given up wearing an old pair of jeans and t-shirt .

Quote:

Pure consciousnes is all there is. The ego , created by desires and cravings, is the unreal one which disappears as darkness getting removed by sunlight.

Quote:
Thanks in advance

Your consciousness , at its pure state , is the higher self . Actions done in life and death determines the extent to which one identifies with the false ego or the higher true self after death.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 26-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
The higher self is a higher state of consciousness manifest in self-awareness or mindfulness which is holistic. The lower self is the ego which is fragmented and illusory.

The state of pure consciousness is eternal and indestructible. Death is only of the body. Your consciousness remains intact. Its like you have given up wearing an old pair of jeans and t-shirt .

Pure consciousnes is all there is. The ego , created by desires and cravings, is the unreal one which disappears as darkness getting removed by sunlight.

Quote:
Your consciousness , at its pure state , is the higher self . Actions done in life and death determines the extent to which one identifies with the false ego or the higher true self after death.

This one i don't understand like what actions and do u mean that i am only 1 with different states of consciousness and our action in life or death and maybe what we believe is what consciousness we end up as??
Old 26-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Hi
Thanks in advance

well HS is the part of you that is not incarnated but up there so to say
its not bound by space or time and such
if your life ends down here I don't know what will happen
but on my part i will be him since i have a conscious connection with it
I remember my past life's so yes than this one will be a past life

your HS is the original you have no separation and experience it
have separation and yes you don't know what goes on but its not as
B & W as that in ways .
but on the whole a typical 3D mind depending on language based logic as
and language /senses dualities as reality what do they know right .

obviously those that have experienced other realities or dimensions are a lot further
have fun :-)

life is but a dream but a cool one
no the aliens don't live light years away in far away star systems
but on an other vibrational plane or level right where you are
your HS could be seen as one in many ways