Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
If you guys don't mind my criticism. I feel all the above posts demonstrate the hidden arrogance in the name of humility. Humility presented as something "special," "spiritual," which would likely give one a subtle ego boost. I agree with the definition that inavalan presented. I did find a poem that i feel presents what humility is all about. It is written by Chuang Tzu:

The man in whom Tao acts without impediment
Does not bother with his own interests
And does not despise others who do

He does not struggle to make money
And does not make a virtue of poverty.

He goes his way without relying on others
And does not pride himself on walking alone.

While he does not follow the crowd
He won't complain of those who do.

Rank and reward make no appeal to him;
Disgrace and shame do not deter him.

He is not always looking for right and wrong
Always deciding "yes" and "no."

The ancients said, therefore:
"The man of Tao remains unknown.
Perfect virtue produces nothing
No-Self Is True-Self
And the greatest man is nobody"

Anyways i don't feel humility is as important as authentic expression combined with human decency. And i like it when a person is bold enough to express themselves with little care of how others will perceive them. Whether boastful or humble.

Seems more about a detached & non-judging orientation rather than humility.

As for the arrogance perceived in the poem, well, you have perceived ... you may or may not be deceived!

Perhaps you should ask the judger within, who has so conceived!

Old 15-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
If you guys don't mind my criticism. I feel all the above posts demonstrate the hidden arrogance in the name of humility. Humility presented as something "special," "spiritual," which would likely give one a subtle ego boost. I agree with the definition that inavalan presented. I did find a poem that i feel presents what humility is all about. It is written by Chuang Tzu:

The man in whom Tao acts without impediment
Does not bother with his own interests
And does not despise others who do

He does not struggle to make money
And does not make a virtue of poverty.

He goes his way without relying on others
And does not pride himself on walking alone.

While he does not follow the crowd
He won't complain of those who do.

Rank and reward make no appeal to him;
Disgrace and shame do not deter him.

He is not always looking for right and wrong
Always deciding "yes" and "no."

The ancients said, therefore:
"The man of Tao remains unknown.
Perfect virtue produces nothing
No-Self Is True-Self
And the greatest man is nobody"

Anyways i don't feel humility is as important as authentic expression combined with human decency. And i like it when a person is bold enough to express themselves with little care of how others will perceive them. Whether boastful or humble.

A humble heart accepts your view without need to disagree or determine what others are being. A humble heart accepts your view of arrogance in others view. How do you as a humble, authentic expression determine others as such? What and where did you find and see this from within yourself?
Old 15-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Perhaps you should ask the judger within, who has so conceived!

That's how it always begins
Observing your own so called sins
We all become more alike
Not owning up to this is unsportsmanlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
A humble heart accepts your view without need to disagree or determine what others are being. A humble heart accepts your view of arrogance in others view. How do you as a humble, authentic expression determine others as such?

Don't understand the question. You seem to have concluded me as a humble person and i'm curious as to why?

Quote:
What and where did you find and see this from within yourself?

That's how it starts. From seeing my own deceptions.

Goodnight.
Old 15-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Master
Quote:
That's how it always begins
Observing your own so called sins
We all become more alike
Not owning up to this is unsportsmanlike

Don't understand the question. You seem to have concluded me as a humble person and i'm curious as to why?

Goodnight.

Are you a humble person? I’d be more interested of your own reflections about yourself. I would more say I see and feel in you, a passionate person trying to maintain a more connected, authentic self and sometimes this can have you forge a path of self expression that becomes defensive and directly protective of itself up against others who might not align to this in you.(This is not a bad thing)I do feel humility follows on from this into an effortless awareness of all life in the engagement with life. It’s a point of surrender where you no longer feel threatened within yourself in this way. A humble presence would be a very open and have become aware of itself, through these more vulnerable points within itself. Seeing and feeling gratitude for all life because each one has opened you to dig deeper into those walls that desperately do not want to feel weak, inferior, less than, a failure and so on..their lays the gift of humility, within all those retainers..

Last edited by JustBe : 15-01-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 15-01-2019, 10:56 AM
Guide
Quote:
What specifically is all about humility?

It seems to me that problems are generally solved with humility. As that say: Pride is the root of all evil. I may be wrong.

Thank you. Thank you all. I am still learning from your responses (EDIT: my english is not very good).

Last edited by green1 : 15-01-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 15-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Are you a humble person?

I don't really label myself as such but I suppose i can be at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
It seems to me that problems are generally solved with humility.

Are you speaking of internal or external problems? Problems that you see in yourself or problems you see in the world? Or both?

Quote:
Pride is the root of all evil. I may be wrong.

In my opinion, i don't see anything wrong with having pride in oneself. It can be used in negative and positive ways like any feeling and emotions we have.

Quote:

Thank you. Thank you all. I am still learning from your responses (EDIT: my english is not very good).

You welcome. Your English is quite good. May i ask what your native language is?
Old 16-01-2019, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Well put!!

Humility
Spurs with knowing
More the knowledge
Deepens humility
The understanding
How confined and small
Our experience in now is
Hence the souls travel
Into many lives
The only way to learn
To be billion ways
In billion places
At billion times....
and they say time is an illusion
the solution ? stillness , formless , shapeless
eyes closed i keep on breathing and keep on feeding
the energy of the surrounding with exquisite meditating
i humble through the fable of the living
i fortold the riddles of the havens
but i know nothing ,
while the wind tickles the dreams i'm pursing ,
i still humming the rhythm of God pavement
I adore you , the silence of no syllables
the absence of self in the physical , the realm is spiritual
a gem for the blind , a trend for the kind and the way of the divine !!!
Humility for infinity ...
Old 16-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Guide
Quote:
Are you speaking of internal or external problems? Problems that you see in yourself or problems you see in the world? Or both?

In subconscious telepathy when I meet, for example, a serial killer, I say "the same problem may happen to me if I am not careful". This is humility. This way we become friends with the serial killer, and we avoid problems.

This works with all problems, even with Hitler. The same may happen to me if I am not careful. This is humility.

EDIT: I concluded that serial killiers and Hitler suffer from excessive pride. So what I am doing is humility to pride. It may happen to anybody.

Quote:
In my opinion, i don't see anything wrong with having pride in oneself. It can be used in negative and positive ways like any feeling and emotions we have.

OK.

Quote:
You welcome. Your English is quite good. May i ask what your native language is?

Turkish.

Cheers and thank you all for the poems!

Last edited by green1 : 16-01-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 16-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Deactivated Account
I think all selfless person is a humble person. This is very simple.
But not vice-versa, not always. People can be humble in an effort to take advantage, for their own interests.

My country has treasured humility traditionally but I've personally seen too many wrong cases.
Sometimes people can just be irresponsible, (for example, not offering any solution to the social problems because humble person aren't supposed to have strong opinions nor be assertive.) submissive, passive etc.. People sometimes chose to be humble hoping to avoid any criticism which they may actually deserve.

So I may chose to be a selfless, grateful person, if not humble. I don't want to be afraid to get involved in matters people can solve/improve by acting. Can't be scared to stand out.
Old 16-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

The quickest way to move foreward is by embracing humility. Why you may ask? It is necessary for dealing with your own intellect.

I suggest a perception where you see the human intellect as the veil between you and your own inner wisdom. Without training the brain properly through humility, it will keep you ignorant and stuck in forth dimensional awareness.

John

What is forth dimensional awareness?

Thanks.