Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-01-2019, 05:32 AM
Master
Power is being able to realize your highest potential.

The only way in my experience is to go through hell. Do battle. Trial and error. etc.

It takes time and consistent effort. Put some effort into it everyday and you'll see progress.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Hey everybody. I would like to discuss power here in the forum. I enjoy learning and since there are so may bright minds here I would love to pick your brains (dont worry i wont eat em!).

So let me hear it! What is power? How do attain it? What can you do with it? ex cetera.

Power is in making the two into one. the male(shiva) merges with the female(shakti). kundalini. the POWER becomes you. in the form of emanating causeless joy and silence.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 05-01-2019, 01:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Ah but control over another can lead to great things and great outcomes. I practice control over others, and I have made bad people into good people. Control is power indeed, and I wonder why you ave given it a negative light. All power can be used for good or bad and that is the choice the wielder must make. I use it for good mostly, although i do have a lil dark side I indulge in as well. Nothing evil. Just fun.

The one who wields the most power, absolute power, is akin to becoming pure will. Pure will/intent, has no true volition. It is indifferent and raw. It has no desire and does nothing. It needs a volition to be moved into action.

Kerubiel,

I would mostly disagree. Control of self is good.....control over others not so good. Control over others is not really power it is more accurately described as force. A dictator rules by force rather than power. "Omnia vincit amor"......love conquers all....the power of love.......the power of prayer....the power of faith to move mountains..etc. This is real power....it serves the good of many. Force is used to serve the self. When you say you have control over others you are implying that you have taken away a measure of their freedom.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Kerubiel,

I would mostly disagree. Control of self is good.....control over others not so good. Control over others is not really power it is more accurately described as force. A dictator rules by force rather than power. "Omnia vincit amor"......love conquers all....the power of love.......the power of prayer....the power of faith to move mountains..etc. This is real power....it serves the good of many. Force is used to serve the self. When you say you have control over others you are implying that you have taken away a measure of their freedom.

I agree, people must be allowed to be themselves for the most part. I practice this often, however, in my youth, learned great control over others. For years I did this every day. It was my way of life. I learned along the way to let people be themselves without interference. The way I would want to be treated if i were controlled.

These days I rarely use control over others to get my own way, however if I see something wrong done by someone I still try to correct it. For example a man beating his wife could be helped by a few commands to the male to work out his problems. That type of control is not negative in my view but is helpful. If it were me who was sick i would want the help.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:47 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Power is being able to realize your highest potential.

The only way in my experience is to go through hell. Do battle. Trial and error. etc.

It takes time and consistent effort. Put some effort into it everyday and you'll see progress.

I believe our highest potential reaches infinite heights.

Going thru hell indeed provides great power. It makes us strong, tough, and a fighter. Freedom is often a fight. I do believe that every challenge we meet and overcome gives us personal power.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:51 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Power is in making the two into one. the male(shiva) merges with the female(shakti). kundalini. the POWER becomes you. in the form of emanating causeless joy and silence.

Long ago I activated kundalini and it was insane. I did learn a lot and it led me to great power, miracles, and understanding. I however would not recommend this path to everyone. I spent weeks rocking back and forth in my bed while delving into the depths of insanity. A fine line.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:56 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Another thought on personal power. We are born with it making personal power a gift from God but to step into this power we need to take the first step and acknowledge it. Once that's done, we now have a choice to develop it or not. If we choose to develop it, then we can do so but with God's help as, at that point, we are not ready to stand on our own two feet. We are but toddlers, or children, learning to walk with our parents help.

Once we have that little beginning, we can build upon it until we are independent of God helping us develop our own power which leads us into our own divinity. This is what I call stepping into our own godhood.

Yes indeed, God being the highest form of power imaginable leaves us following along in the footsteps of the great Father. Sure I'd say God, being a father of life, and we being God's children, leaves us to emulate and become Gods ourselves.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:05 AM
Master

Power ...
A byproduct
Of love
In centred stillness
When one with Oneness

Old 09-01-2019, 04:20 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Power ...
A byproduct
Of love
In centred stillness
When one with Oneness

I find it interesting that love is one of, if not the greatest power within creation itself. In fact most new life within this universe is created by beings in love. Marriage and sex. Love is our biggest drive, we all strive to do the things we love the most. It is said that every newborn that experiences love is ever drawn after that moment to be loved.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:11 AM
Master
Quote:
I find it interesting that love is one of, if not the greatest power within creation itself. In fact most new life within this universe is created by beings in love. Marriage and sex. Love is our biggest drive, we all strive to do the things we love the most. It is said that every newborn that experiences love is ever drawn after that moment to be loved.

The word ‘love’ correlated with wanting, seeking, empowering, trading, dominating, exchanging ... is not love in reference to context. These are the egoic or separate-self, i-dentity manifestations of delusion. Power associated with egoic self is at best transitory and the road to suffering.

The love referred to, is after our consciousness recognises, cognises Oneness, merges with Oneness wherein consciousness becomes pure awareness and then, the love ... is a becoming. Needing no power, for there is no separate doer, yet power comes ... which is why it is mentioned as a byproduct of love.