Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-01-2019, 11:45 PM
boshy b. good

sure with truth makes us happy by 'our' side ..
sure with truth
Old 24-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Master

If we make the assumption that 'truth' is derived from knowledge then fundamental to determining what truth is dependent on which type of knowledge we accept. Scholars normally acknowledge 3 types of knowledge: doxa, episteme and gnosis. It is common to over-emphasize one type at the expense of the other 2. Perhaps a recognition that balance is necessary in understanding truth is a more logical approach.
Old 24-01-2019, 05:19 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
The 'truth' is very elusive when it comes to the existence of god and an afterlife. Christianity has many doctrines, dogmas, sects and cults, some benign, some very abusive. The moderate Christians will usually admit that the way they see their version of Christianity is a matter of faith, for which there is no evidence. Hard line Christians will state categorically that their take on faith is the absolute 'truth', even though they cannot provide any evidence to substantiate it.

I am an agnostic but I am prepared to admit there is the outside possibility a god of some sort does exist. However, I think it likely all the religions are human creations and we are not in touch with any deity.

If the Biblical god is a real entity, why isn't it in plain sight so there is no doubt it exists? It would be the height of injustice and unfairness to make its existence a matter of faith, if there were serious consequences for unbelief.

Be happy now. That is what matters.

My opinion..
Old 24-01-2019, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I like what you wrote but its the self+divine that is our innate self? The spiritual journey is the seeking for the +divine bit is how i see it.

Isn't the innate self ' Divine ' ?

Do we have to look at the Divine as a +.

I enjoy how we all see differently
Old 24-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Happy Birthday.
To introduce myself to you...I don't care for religions or the Bible necessarily, tho, there are many things I follow in it to a tee. Go figure...
I don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I respect agnostics so much more than say a pushy-in your-face zealot
that has had no experience except, say, a feeling of upliftment on any given Sunday.

I believe "seeing is believing".
I'm not much for blind faith, but it's cute.

You're not going to some hell because a Creator gave you a spirit of inquiry and liking to see something with your own eyes.
Why 'He' keeps Himself unseen is for His reasons and I could tell you why...but it is way sweeter when you are shown why directly.
If you want to meet God for yourself, ya gotta put in the time...sorry.
"Be still and know that I am God."
Sit in silence with an open heart...usually called meditation...otherwise
agnostics spend their lives as nice people questioning...no reason to...
Be open and sit in stillness, period...do the work...with the intention of making a place for
things to be shown to you suddenly and profoundly...directly.
Otherwise, agnostics stay professional questioners...and what could anyone say to convince them?
Have a direct exp for yourself...if you care...and it seems you do, cuz you are here.

I am much more content with my lack of faith than I was when I was a Christian, which wasn't a pleasant experience.
Old 24-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The 'truth' is very elusive when it comes to the existence of god and an afterlife. Christianity has many doctrines, dogmas, sects and cults, some benign, some very abusive. The moderate Christians will usually admit that the way they see their version of Christianity is a matter of faith, for which there is no evidence. Hard line Christians will state categorically that their take on faith is the absolute 'truth', even though they cannot provide any evidence to substantiate it.

I am an agnostic but I am prepared to admit there is the outside possibility a god of some sort does exist. However, I think it likely all the religions are human creations and we are not in touch with any deity.

If the Biblical god is a real entity, why isn't it in plain sight so there is no doubt it exists? It would be the height of injustice and unfairness to make its existence a matter of faith, if there were serious consequences for unbelief.

question, do you believe in spirits, be-it wicked or not? ghost? though i was taught when i were a kid, that there was a "God and devil." i only believe because i was taught that. later i found reasons to believe in a God.
Old 24-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
question, do you believe in spirits, be-it wicked or not? ghost? though i was taught when i were a kid, that there was a "God and devil." i only believe because i was taught that. later i found reasons to believe in a God.

I have had plenty of experiences throughout my life of what some would term the paranormal. Our previous property came to media attention on several occasions because of the weird things which happened there. However, my husband and I are of the opinion there is a natural explanation for everything, even if science cannot yet explain it.
Old 24-01-2019, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:

In the 21st century, there's plenty of evidence, "Zig".
For one objectivity is a goal, free from personal angst and subjective bias. Objectivity, which you seem to be lacking.
Apparently due to your early and unfortunate experiences.
Science since Einstein tells us that time and space are illusory. There is a greater reality existent which the Wachowski's figured out and illustrated in their cinematic work.
But, you choose to dismiss and ignore.

Every program has a Programmer. Yes?
Every creation also has a Creator.

The timeless is the greater Truth and actual situation. We are more and other than the material and organic, in time and space!
Repeatedly, I've suggested looking up "Gestalt. Again you ignore.
Evidence in scripture?

Prophecy particularly the Messianic prophesies, much of which is found in the Book of Isaiah.
Which, "coincidentally", is the most comprehensive book found among the Dead Sea Scrolls.

"Zig"? Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
Of whom Paul wrote,
"In Whom we live, and move, and have our being."
Acts 17:28

Spirit is the greater reality and truth, and we read how, "God is Spirit", "And they who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth."
John 4:24

God is Truth.
Jesus? He is the human image provided for us of the invisible God.
Colossians 1:15
"Through Him", as Paul states, "Was everything made manifest".
"The Word of God", incarnate into humanity.
We can see how He is the fulfillmentvof the Messianic prophesies written ages past.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Master
Also, regarding the recent research on "The Secret Life of Plants"; how it is revealed that they act and behave like mammals shows us how, underlying the various forms and manifestations of life is Consciousness and Awareness, and it is all the same. Just manifesting in various form and manifestation.
Underlying the physical and organic world is God Almighty, Who is Spirit.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-01-2019, 11:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Isn't the innate self ' Divine ' ?

Do we have to look at the Divine as a +.

I enjoy how we all see differently

ahh, now here's where Jesus has something for you..
in theory all souls are in God's image and eternal like the Holy One
but the two genders we see physically show that God is one gender, and God separated us so we tend to seek a companion physically, the same is true spiritually. as outside so inside. the completion of the soul is about divine union, so then the divine doesn't become a +
That's the seeking and finding, and uniting
divinity is something we can put our arms around, its the whole mystery