Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-01-2011, 04:17 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Nor mine,Mac. Just thought I would ask.

Now where do I place my concentration?

Being kind to old people or studying up the latest spiritual facts?

J.

As I fit into the former category, go with that!
Old 20-01-2011, 04:35 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
As I fit into the former category, go with that!

One must start with one's self to practice,Mac.

Now what was I going to treat myself to next?

Goes and gets Mac's walking stick for him..............

J.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:23 PM
mac

Quote:
One must start with one's self to practice,Mac.

Now what was I going to treat myself to next?

Goes and gets Mac's walking stick for him..............

J.

walking stick? Zimmer frame!
Old 20-01-2011, 07:29 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
walking stick? Zimmer frame!

It was walking stick an hour ago.

Things are deteriorating...........
Gets the wheelchair...........

J.
Old 20-01-2011, 08:14 PM
mac

Quote:
It was walking stick an hour ago.

Things are deteriorating...........
Gets the wheelchair...........

J.

Might need that - been out running this morning - pretty pooped!
Old 20-01-2011, 09:03 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Might need that - been out running this morning - pretty pooped!

Oh God! Send for the doctor..............
Old 21-01-2011, 05:05 AM
mac

Apologies - I'm frequently accused of being too serious - when I'm not you can see the outcome.

I've used the structure of the excellent original. Comments and improvements are invited....

• All humankind survives physical death, irrespective of belief.

• At the point of death we take with us our mind and character along with all our experiences. We then live in our etheric (spirit) body, a near duplicate of our physical one. It is usually connected to the earth body by a ‘silver cord’ like the umbilical cord of a baby during life but becomes free on corporeal death. When the silver cord is severed there is no possibility of returning to the now dead physical body. The etheric body and our surroundings will feel just as solid as they are to us now.

• There is no Heaven ‘up in the sky’ and no hell ‘down below’; the location of the afterlife and that of the earth plane are coincident. Just as there are different radio or TV frequencies within the same room, different worlds or “spheres” or “planes” inter-penetrate and exist without interfering with one another – from the highest ‘vibrations’ (frequencies) to the lowest.

• There are many levels, spheres or planes of existence in the afterlife. On physical death we go to the level which can accommodate the vibration we have developed throughout our existence(s). Humankind frequently assigns a notional number to these levels and most ordinary people are said to go to the third one, often termed The Summerland
. Those more spiritually evolved, of ‘higher’ vibration, will naturally progress to levels where their personal vibration most closely matches that of a particular level. In reality there are no sharply demarcated boundaries between levels. Just a gradual fading out of one and in of the next. We are told that the higher ones are too beautiful even to imagine. Those whose spiritual evolvement has not progressed far may be found in the lower levels, the least evolved - often termed wicked - will be found in regions said to be very dark and drear. They will have much work to do to further their spiritual progression.

• The notions of eternity in Hell and eternal damnation were invented quite literally by men, often to control the uneducated and unaware by fear but it does not exist in the way taught by mainstream religions. Whilst there ARE lower spheres in the afterlife that are particularly dark, unpleasant and maybe horrific – ‘hell’ - individuals do not spend eternity there. There is always help available for any soul prepared to learn the lessons of kindness and unselfishness.

• Once freed from the body, and adjusted to one’s new surroundings, it is said a great sense of freedom is to be expected. Some communicators have likened it to how it might feel when removing a heavy diver’s suit.

• The state of mind at the point of death is highly variable. Some souls pass over conscious of what will follow and are aware of friends and loved ones who come to welcome their arrival; others are unaware and are accompanied to a place of rest and recuperation until they have had time to adjust.

• In the regions nearest to our world, often termed the Astral, mind creates reality. Those who are strongly conditioned to expect nothing after death may well stay in a deep sleep for some considerable time.

• Those who have been ill for some time may need to be helped to shake off their mental image of themselves allowing their healthy etheric body gradually to replace it. Hospital-like places exist for this purpose.

• Ordinary people are likely to be met by family members or friends. Teachers say that in the afterlife our appearance changes to the time when we were at our best in life, often that of a young mature adult.

• Atheists, agnostics and others are not prevented from eventually living in the higher spheres but such attitudes apply mostly to physical or lower etheric planes. If those views are held strongly it may slow the individuals’ spiritual progress.

• Religious rituals such as baptism, confession et al, or conversely not believing in creeds and dogmas do not in themselves impact spiritual progress. Such rituals were created by humankind and have no relevance to spiritual progression. Holding very firms beliefs may, however, prove a barrier to change.

• At some point after crossing over you may choose to carry out a review of your last life. You may consider how your thoughts, words and deeds affected others and yourself. Nobody judges you. You assess your own progress by comparing intentions with outcomes, what you achieved compared with what you set out to do.

• In the afterlife communication is telepathic although normal speech may also appear to be used whilst acclimatising to the new conditions. Communication with those on earth is also telepathic.

• Those passing over may wish to try to communicate their survival to those they loved on earth or to others. This may be far from easy, as shown by the small number of accounts of this happening. Some will choose to attend their own funerals. Physical and mental disabilities will disappear - they are only of the physical overcoat, our bodies.

• The mind has enormous power in the afterlife. It can change the form of matter there and enable travel to apparently distant places at the speed of thought. Picturing oneself somewhere can result in being almost instantly transported there. Movement is not constrained as it is in the physical.

• Some people ‘get stuck’ between the physical and the etheric. They may still feel just as they did before death and not realise, or be unwilling to accept, that they have actually passed over. Confusion or reluctance may last for a considerable time - years, decades or even longer.

• In the afterlife, there is no need to eat or drink or for sleep. There is no night, rain or bad weather. What is found is often the opposite to what is experienced in the physical.

• You will have the opportunity to mix and interact with others of a similar vibration and join with them in co-operative endeavours or you may choose privacy and solitude.

• You may wish to continue living in a house, perhaps a replica of a favourite one, or alternatively you may wish to create something different or even live communally. A loved pet may be waiting for you where a strong enough bond existed in the physical. All such ways will be available.

• You may wish to continue to pursue your favourite interests, there are many books to read, art, music, and concerts will be available, even sporting activities. Or you can do gardening!

• Spiritual progress can continue in the afterlife with eventual progress to higher, even more beautiful spheres. It is taught that repeated return to the physical (reincarnation) is not vital but that it may greatly speed the process of spiritual evolvement. It is neither automatic nor mandatory. It will be chosen by some and not others.

Halls of Learning
are there for all who wish to use them or you may wish to learn to help those crossing over or in other ways. You may even want to learn about and help with rescue work – supporting individuals lost in darker regions but wanting to escape. There is no shortage of work or pastime which may appeal!

• Ultimately, there will come a time - perhaps after many earth lifetimes, perhaps only a few or even one - when you have made sufficient spiritual progress to move on to a new, a higher, vibrational level. This transition to the next sphere happens gradually and naturally. It is sometimes said that this is like another death where the individual leaves behind what was familiar and moves on to a new plane of existence.

• It is possible to visit levels lower than your own but not to live there - you may have friends and relatives still there with whom you wish to keep in contact.

Like attracts like in the afterlife. Unlike on the earth plane, those with lower vibrations cannot mix freely with those in the higher spheres. Although it is not possible to visit the higher spheres you may be made aware, by more advanced souls, of what happens there.

Love is the mechanism whereby we may stay in touch with others in the physical or in levels
different from our own. It is the most powerful force known.

Old 21-01-2011, 06:25 AM
dreamer16

thank you for sharing this...ever since my uncle passed i have been thinking about death more than i would like and i started to question my beliefs and started fearing death because i started to think that nothing was there nothing was after life partially because i thought i would get a message from him, everyone else was but i felt left out and i started questioning like i said i started fearing it because i finally found my soul-mate and i didn't want to lose him but since i read this it has put my mind at ease knowing that there is something that it is fact that i will be with my soul-mate and i will see my family i can not tell you enough how much this has helped me
Old 21-01-2011, 02:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer16
thank you for sharing this...ever since my uncle passed i have been thinking about death more than i would like and i started to question my beliefs and started fearing death because i started to think that nothing was there nothing was after life partially because i thought i would get a message from him, everyone else was but i felt left out and i started questioning like i said i started fearing it because i finally found my soul-mate and i didn't want to lose him but since i read this it has put my mind at ease knowing that there is something that it is fact that i will be with my soul-mate and i will see my family i can not tell you enough how much this has helped me

I'm heartened to learn that the words have brought you some comfort.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 PM
suexylady

Thank you very interesting