Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 19-06-2011, 12:12 AM
MoonDancer

Quote:

Quote:
I honestly believe that people who say its not set in stone do it to ease their minds and make them feel in control.

how does this help people to feel in control?
How does it not?
Quote:
Quote:
But its not like we read a book and know whats going to happen. Believing that everything that happens happens for a reasons shouldn't stop someone from purposing what they want with all their might!

Who said this anyway? What source does your information come through?
Source? what are you talking about? I don't even know what to say?
Old 19-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Master
DevilishAngel

your 1st part of post (feeling in control). I'm thinking it depends on how the individual see this "set in stone" notion. Its a percentage game....some would want to believe that it being set in stone gives them the option of feeling its all controlled. The other side would see 'not set in stone' as giving them the option of free-will. Then there's a 3rd side who believe its nothing to do with either.

The 2nd part of your post (believing that everything that happens happens for a reason).....my comment was referring to whose source says everything happens for a reason? Not everyone believes that.

Hope that helps some?
Old 19-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
If you don't understand that Time is Illusion, then try this.

"Illusion is Time"

If you can't change Time, try changing Illusion.
I like that astoboy, but we have to be careful because we can't change illusion, there's nothing to change, and who is going to change it.
Old 19-06-2011, 01:28 AM
MoonDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
DevilishAngel

your 1st part of post (feeling in control). I'm thinking it depends on how the individual see this "set in stone" notion. Its a percentage game....some would want to believe that it being set in stone gives them the option of feeling its all controlled. The other side would see 'not set in stone' as giving them the option of free-will. Then there's a 3rd side who believe its nothing to do with either.

The 2nd part of your post (believing that everything that happens happens for a reason).....my comment was referring to whose source says everything happens for a reason? Not everyone believes that.

Hope that helps some?
Yes, that's true, it does depend on the individuals view. But just like anything else, if you aren't stuck to one option and you can create what you want (free will) you are in control of where your life leads. But some would look at it more negatively.

Believing that everything happens for a reason. I wasn't stating it as a fact. I was saying that if someone is to believe this or for those who don't want to because they feel like they feel like they are heading down a preconceived path and have no control, it doesn't mean you can't take your life in the direction you want it.
Old 19-06-2011, 01:30 AM
MoonDancer

By the way, I was never preaching that there is no time or that it is an illusion. That theory was where I got this other idea. It was a type of lead in or basis. If this than that.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:40 AM
astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I like that astoboy, but we have to be careful because we can't change illusion, there's nothing to change, and who is going to change it.

The answer lies in the Law of Relativity.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

It is changing, that's the main thing.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
DevilishAngel

Hope that helps some? [/quote]

Yeah... helps to see it is what you really believe and not what you believe about it.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:00 AM
astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It is changing, that's the main thing.

You mean illusion is changing
therefore to change illusion is to
either, come to reality or get indulged into its snares?
Old 19-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
The answer lies in the Law of Relativity.
yes and is there really an answer, that's what I have come to realize.