Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-03-2018, 03:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Falling off the path

I seemed to be making tremendous progress on my spiritual journey but there's this one thing getting in the way and reversing all of my work and effort.

I know what I need to do but I just can't seem to do it.

Do you have any general advice to help me find my path again?

Thank you.
Old 20-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Lorelyen

I think you'd need to give us a lot more info to be of any help. Like what you've been following/practising and why you think things are reversed. Is something acting against you? Are you resisting?
Old 20-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Newbie ;)

I’ve been doing yoga, getting my health in order, eating an organic vegan diet, I could even feel kundalini energy flowing through me at one point which is huge for me. I am resisting, I’m doing something out of pure stupidity which goes against everything I believe in and I’m not sure why.
Old 20-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobey
I’ve been doing yoga, getting my health in order, eating an organic vegan diet, I could even feel kundalini energy flowing through me at one point which is huge for me. I am resisting, I’m doing something out of pure stupidity which goes against everything I believe in and I’m not sure why.

Perhaps it's an unconsious comparison thing...

Your providing yourself both the good & the bad to physically remind yourself of why the good is necessary perhaps?

We are more knowing than we give even ourselves credit for at times.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 20-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Master

Hi Jobey,

Quote:
Do you have any general advice to help me find my path again?

To answer your question directly:
Connecting or identifying with the consciousness of one who has achieved mastery is without a doubt the most effective and expeditious means.

In that regard, one possibility to offer in case you might have some affinity:

Although the entire series is recommended, I would suggest that you look at:
‘Letters On Yoga’, by Sri Aurobindo - but especially Volume II,
a classic text which deals mostly with problems spiritual aspirants have on the path.

This book is actually a compilation of responses that a highly regarded spiritual master wrote in letters (hence the title) over many years to his disciples answering questions about their difficulties, covering numerous pertinent subjects in great knowledge, proficiency, and detail, and is therefore an excellent resource..

Accordingly, it is likely that you will find something in these texts that will be useful in terms of practical understanding.

As an assist, here is an SF thread in the books forum on the “Letters” series:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=72183
More specific to your inquiry,
here is the post (#6) in that thread which has a list of topics covered in Volume II,
that deals mainly with problems and difficulties:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...15&postcount=6
Finally noting that the posts mentioned above, have links to a site where you may access or download free PDF versions of these and other texts by the same author for personal use.

Hope this is helpful,

~ J
Old 21-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
If it doesn't involve a risk to anyone, go do it whether it's stupid or not and get it off your chest. If your heart and your mind are at odds, what is that going to do to your Spirituality? You kundalini is going to take a serious hit, if it hasn't already.

What is The Path? And yeah, you're going to tell me that it's all about 'being Spiritual', leading the Spiritual Life and doing the Spiritual practices. But what of Life's Purpose/Karmic Agreements if you believe in those? What if your Soul had decided to do this before you incarnated, and this is its way of saying "hey kiddo, this you signed up for."

Get it out of your system and move on.
Old 21-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Pathfinder

In my experience, what I think is the right path for me and what is really *my path* can be two very different things.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Everything works out in the end, and I've found that where the road takes me is far more perfect than the places I thought I needed to find.
Old 23-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
I seemed to be making tremendous progress on my spiritual journey but there's this one thing getting in the way and reversing all of my work and effort.

Hi Jobey,
This 'one thing' you are referring to is not a hindrance to your journey but an important part of your journey! Instead of fighting with it welcome and explore it ... until you learn from it what you need to learn.
Spiritual journey is also never straightforward ... after some progress there often comes a fall ... then another and deeper progress etc etc. Better not to get attached to neither the results nor the lack of these.
Love! Damian
Old 25-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Absolutely amazing answers from every single one of you. You should all be proud of the support and advice you've shared because it is helping me beyond belief. Thank you so much! I've realised I am in control and am now looking at the problem I face as a lesson. Thanks again for your straight and truthful words!
Old 26-03-2018, 04:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If it doesn't involve a risk to anyone, go do it whether it's stupid or not and get it off your chest. If your heart and your mind are at odds, what is that going to do to your Spirituality? You kundalini is going to take a serious hit, if it hasn't already.

What is The Path? And yeah, you're going to tell me that it's all about 'being Spiritual', leading the Spiritual Life and doing the Spiritual practices. But what of Life's Purpose/Karmic Agreements if you believe in those? What if your Soul had decided to do this before you incarnated, and this is its way of saying "hey kiddo, this you signed up for."

Get it out of your system and move on.
well said! Also be aware of distractions that are keeping you from your goal. I ask myself why am I doing something often, if it's part of my goal I keep doing it. For example my neighbor is vegan and struggles with it at times. I understand her goal there. But if she really wanted to make a difference and not struggle with herself. I would buy locally and from a reputable company or person. Because most often money talks. Even vegetable farmers can subject there worker's to bad conditions. But anyway, asking yourself, is what I am doing a part of my goal or is it a distraction from it.