Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 23-10-2019, 01:22 AM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is online now
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,662
  ImthatIm's Avatar
It is described as the Heavenly Father as being Spirit, Love, Light.

Jesus the Christ as being the Light of the world and
anointed of the Father by the Holy Spirit of God.

So it seems to be a mystery of the three being one,
yet holding separate offices. God the Father being the head.

I can see it like an electrical system Jesus Christ the Light of the light bulb
Holy Spirit the current flowing in the wire and Father God the Power from the electrical generation Source.
Yet one system.

I am simple that way.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23-10-2019, 03:35 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: I live in a house with a door. The house out in back is the dawg's house.
Posts: 3,018
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
It is described as the Heavenly Father as being Spirit, Love, Light.

Jesus the Christ as being the Light of the world and
anointed of the Father by the Holy Spirit of God.

So it seems to be a mystery of the three being one,
yet holding separate offices. God the Father being the head.

I can see it like an electrical system Jesus Christ the Light of the light bulb
Holy Spirit the current flowing in the wire and Father God the Power from the electrical generation Source.
Yet one system.

I am simple that way.
The Trinity Doctrine does not hold "the Father being the head". The head is God.
The Trinity Doctrine came about after 3 centuries had passed after Jesus' death.
__________________
..
.

He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote: ........... April 4th, 1984.
..................
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 23-10-2019, 03:50 AM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is online now
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,662
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Trinity Doctrine does not hold "the Father being the head". The head is God.
The Trinity Doctrine came about after 3 centuries had passed after Jesus' death.

Whatever.
I don't know what trinity doctrine you are referring to.

What's your doctrine say about light bulbs?
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23-10-2019, 05:03 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 601
  jojo50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... “ I and my Father are one ”. As we all are

Jesus also said ,(1). Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Jesus said doing his FATHER's WILL, can save us).

(2). John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (if we love Jesus, we will obey he related to us from his FATHER).

(3). John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will,but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (Jesus can only do what his FATHER allows him to do).

(4). John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (Jesus wasn't calling HIMSELF... the "ONLY TRUE GOD." because he then, included himself)!

(5). John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (as clear to see Jesus said that he has a FATHER and a GOD).

I understand what Jesus meant by saying he and his "Father are one." and they are each other. he just meant that they were in total union. and in total agreement with all that God words says. peace
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 23-10-2019, 05:07 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 601
  jojo50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You sound like an expert. How much of the Old Testament and New Testament have you read?

sometimes the things one say, shows who one actually follows. even the fake ministers of Jesus time. refuse to believe ,he was the "SON" of the Living God. so I'm not to see MANY today won't believe. peace
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 23-10-2019, 05:13 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 601
  jojo50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It is odd that many Christians do not like God but like Jesus.

But then.........

Who was the first born of creation? Jesus.

Who created everything but Jesus? Jesus.

Who probably was the Angel of God who appeared in the burning bush? Jesus.

and on and on......


As for the initial question.
Jesus was the first born of creation.
Jesus was the son of God.
Jesus claimed only the Father knew the 'time and day'.

and the list goes on and on.

But then what I initially said, Christians have issues with God but not Jesus. Is that an oxymoron if Jesus is God?

I agree..."the list goes on and on." all I need was ONLY one scripture in order to believe that Jesus was NOT the God of Israel. but the Son of this God ,(John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent).
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 23-10-2019, 05:20 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,978
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jesus also said ,(1). Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Jesus said doing his FATHER's WILL, can save us).

(2). John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (if we love Jesus, we will obey he related to us from his FATHER).

(3). John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will,but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (Jesus can only do what his FATHER allows him to do).

(4). John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (Jesus wasn't calling HIMSELF... the "ONLY TRUE GOD." because he then, included himself)!

(5). John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (as clear to see Jesus said that he has a FATHER and a GOD).

I understand what Jesus meant by saying he and his "Father are one." and they are each other. he just meant that they were in total union. and in total agreement with all that God words says. peace




He said....
" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... “ I and my Father are one ”.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 23-10-2019, 05:43 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 601
  jojo50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
It is described as the Heavenly Father as being Spirit, Love, Light. Jesus the Christ as being the Light of the world and anointed of the Father by the Holy Spirit of God. So it seems to be a mystery of the three being one, yet holding separate offices. God the Father being the head. I am simple that way.

Jesus wanted the truth out, just as his Father wanted it. and that's what Jesus taught, the truth! Jesus in NO way tried to be Equal to his Father ,(Phil. 2:5,6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God). there's NO three in one ,but different beings. as MANY are taught or want to believe. Jesus showed this ,(Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour know no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father).

NOTICE, Jesus mentioned (1). MAN, (2). the ANGELS, (3). the SON ,(himself). and (4). the FATHER. now! if there were a THIRD being, part of Jesus and his Father. why wasn't it mentioned here? simple, because there is NO 3rd High Being. the Holy Spirit, ISN'T A BEING, it's Jehovah God's Power to make whatever he wants to happen, happen!

see ,(Acts 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord). here it talks about Barnabas, if the Holy spirit was a being, why doesn't the scripture say Barnabas was a good man, always having the holy Spirit with him, or something to that nature? Instead it says he was full of the Holy spirit!

see ,(Matt.1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost). did she get pregnant by a Spirit being? if so that would be a sin. because anything of Heaven can't mate with imperfect Humans ,(Gen.6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose). and (Jude 1:6).

it meant that Jehovah God chose her to carried the child that will save mankind from eternal death. and he placed the baby in Mary's womb, by means of his WILL. he wanted it to be, so he made it happen. again the Holy Spirit is God's Power, WILL, or his Active Force to make whatever he wants to happen.... happen. peace
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 23-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,827
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
John 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Ah - so wonderful to read this again.
__________________
.,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 23-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,827
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I can see it like an electrical system Jesus Christ the Light of the light bulb
Holy Spirit the current flowing in the wire and Father God the Power from the electrical
generation Source.
Yet one system.
Neat!
__________________
.,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums