Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Master
Hidden Years.

Where was Jesus when he seem to disappear from Scriptures?
Old 30-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Master
He was traveling India....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
He was traveling India....

It's true, we don't have much information about the time before He started to preach.There are theories but nothing sure, many times I asked myself this question.

Have you read the Urantia book? That book talks about His life and many other things, I read a part of it.
Old 30-07-2019, 10:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Ask this to Jesus and then come and let us know. I'm interested too!
Old 30-07-2019, 11:41 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Not that it is any of your business, but if you must know, I will tell you.

"He was up yonder, sippin papa's recipe and singing spiritual hymns with Elijah.
They would sip and they would sing, and sip and sing, until they got tired and Mary would have to put them bed." - The Book of Ketzer

See, it is in scripture, you just have to know where to look.
Old 30-07-2019, 12:04 PM
Master

'Hidden years' is good.

From the 33 said years that he was present according to the Bible he only spent about 52 hours (you can work it out for yourself) doing something.

He never mentioned anything about the planet, about the universe, about the future, about the planet being round, about the earth going round the sun (would have been of great help in the middle ages - just letting all those horrible things happen out of an avoidable ignorance), nothing about other continents, China, Egypt and so on.

Then there was the bout of hooliganism in the tax office (or somewhere).

Now the Son of God would hardly go to India in order to learn something; that's called sending coals to Newcastle.

Make of it what you will - the whole thing is a figment of human imagination followed later by Robin Hood, Robinson Crusoe, The Three Musketeers, King Kong and Superman - to name a few.
Old 30-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
'Hidden years' is good.

From the 33 said years that he was present according to the Bible he only spent about 52 hours (you can work it out for yourself) doing something.

He never mentioned anything about the planet, about the universe, about the future, about the planet being round, about the earth going round the sun (would have been of great help in the middle ages - just letting all those horrible things happen out of an avoidable ignorance), nothing about other continents, China, Egypt and so on.

Then there was the bout of hooliganism in the tax office (or somewhere).

Now the Son of God would hardly go to India in order to learn something; that's called sending coals to Newcastle.

Make of it what you will - the whole thing is a figment of human imagination followed later by Robin Hood, Robinson Crusoe, The Three Musketeers, King Kong and Superman - to name a few.

People died for Him, you know, giving their life for this belief, willingly, so your answer does not stand, even more, take a look at His teachings, you can't deny that they are some of the best life guidelines, they impacted the whole world, it's sad what bad people have done and are doing using Jesus, but they are not His servants.
Old 30-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
People died for Him, you know, giving their life for this belief, willingly, so your answer does not stand, even more, take a look at His teachings, you can't deny that they are some of the best life guidelines, they impacted the whole world, it's sad what bad people have done and are doing using Jesus, but they are not His servants.

Of course my answer stands. In many respects.

People died for Hitler too. Vietnam stank of Napalm because people imagined that what they were being told was true. We all walk about with flags telling the world just what great countries we live in - oblivious to the damage we carry out with our words, bombs, restrictions, beliefs.

Personally I don't see much in the few words that 'Jesus' spoke as being very different from those spoken a couple of centuries earlier by Plato and Socrates who didn't call upon a supernatural being to hover in the background.
Old 30-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Not that it is any of your business, but if you must know, I will tell you.

"He was up yonder, sippin papa's recipe and singing spiritual hymns with Elijah.
They would sip and they would sing, and sip and sing, until they got tired and Mary would have to put them bed." - The Book of Ketzer

See, it is in scripture, you just have to know where to look.

Sounds like a lot of fun no wonder he stayed there for such a long time.
Old 30-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
It's true, we don't have much information about the time before He started to preach.There are theories but nothing sure, many times I asked myself this question.

Have you read the Urantia book? That book talks about His life and many other things, I read a part of it.

I haven't read that particular book but it's one that might interest me, thanks.