Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 04-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Humankind is the scurge of the Earth they are not happy until they destroy everything. Mother nature will only take so much there will always be consequences for what has been done,
they put things into space destroying the layer in which we were protected.they burn or cut down trees,

Floods will follow there will be nothing to soak up the water, MONEY is the big calling card doesn't matter what you destroy as long as you can pay for it. animals being killed for money. I cant wait for the Hunted to become the Hunter.

Namaste
Old 04-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Master
@ Native Spirit: Yes, BUT... it doesn't have to be that way..
We can do much better than we do, surely. I am hoping human communities in the future, at some point, will have achieved true harmony.

@ Ocean Breeze: That must have been dreadful to realize, after a nice adventure/exploration. I went to Costa Rica myself, and they have issues too, but they take conservation rather seriously compared to most other countries. It gives me some relief. But it also helps a lot CR is mostly hilly and mountainous. Brazil is mostly flat which makes agricultural exploitation and ''efficient land use'' very easy.

Most rainforests in South America are destroyed by wealthy farmers who seek more space so that more cows can enter this world! Big profit made from Big Beef..

@ Pagandell: Nice to see you here!
Old 06-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
On a human level, the rate at which we are destroying the planet is horrifying. Like parasites. Just hearing about the fires in the Amazon. And i just recently came back from visiting the Amazon rainforest. The diversity of plants and animals dying there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upU1hlPXBpY&t=8s
Some claim we have only 12 years left.... this was last year. So we now have only 11 years.
The burning of the Amazon reduces the 11 years to about 5 years.
We also have to realize the Amazon fires have dramatically, or at least we are impressed with this thought, that huge amounts
of CO2 have been put into the air which reduces the 5 years to 2-3 years. I just hope these figures are accurate.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Master
People have the tendency to blame all of the planet's problem on humans.
I think some of the blame has to be directed toward the weasel(s) who would steal and eat my chickens.
The mountain lion who stalked, killed and ate part of a deer ........
The beavers who built their dam beside a bridge..........

and then there are the jokers such as the skunk that fragrants the air
or the porcupine who gave some of her quills to my dog. As I removed
the quills from my dog's face, I put the quills to my side....
only to move over and I ended up with the quills in my butt.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Master

Maybe the way things are or are seemingly developing is simply a facet of evolution. Maybe the path of evolution simply reflects at this moment the total 'truth'. You and me, your great grandmother and auntie Sally have all brought the present moment about by their and our thoughts, words and deeds. We are the ones who need plastic bags, plastic computers, plastic aeroplanes and plastic packings and accessories of all kinds.

Maybe nature is simply responding to our desires.

We don't know if that which we call evolution has a goal but as we have seen what it is capable of over 14 billion years perhaps we shouldn't be so hasty in our assumption that something is going wrong.

Maybe nature (us and ours) is granting us our wishes as part of (another?) great experiment.

As this planet is one of say 200 trillion others and is slipping through the safety net it isn't even going to show up on the radar.

'God' told us to 'be fruitful and multiply' and that's what we've done, and done well - it must be part of a plan.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:03 AM
Master
Color

I use to go to a Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) place that was located in an area most White People rarely visited.
I was always amazed that they remembered I always drank my Pepsi without ice. Like everybody else,
my drink was always served in a real glass. Food was always served on ceramics and everybody
ate with metal flatware. As I reflected on those visits, I remembered they never served napkins.
I assumed all the food scraps were gathered up and fed to such animals as pigs.
I almost forgot........ they produced virtually no garbage.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Master
Altair - This is a wonderful thread!

It seems at current humans threaten the earth's delicate ecosystem with mounds of one-use items that can't be recycled. For example: water bottles seem to me to be one of the biggest mistakes. Some companies with mineral type water in plastic bottles are catching on to waste contribution and have now made some bottled water in plastic refundable with a deposit just like soft drinks. I would like to see that across all beverages that come in plastic.

Another example: Feminine hygiene products made of plastic such as tampon applicators. I feel that replacing disposable applicators with plastic was a sad move on the industry.

Marketing and profits seem to take precedence over ecosystem sustainability and recovery. I hope that the next generations coming up have a greater sense of responsibility to the planet in that they see the urgency to stop building the landfills for greater waste dumping and oceanic pollution.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Master
Came across this, it relates directly to the topic I've raised..

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ian-archbishop

It's nice to see that some christians have some ecological awareness. I also appreciated the Pope's Laudato Si' encyclical of 2014. He links the issues we are facing, albeit from a more religious perspective. It's worth a read.

@blackraven; concerning the water bottles.. there are of course ways to counter that easily, with non-plastic bottles that one can use for tapping water. You only need to wash it once a week or so, but it is not made from plastic so no micro-plastics in your body either. It is increasingly common in my country and there's basically almost never a reason for me to buy water.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

It's nice to see that some christians have some ecological awareness. I also appreciated the Pope's Laudato Si' encyclical of 2014. He links the issues we are facing, albeit from a more religious perspective.

@blackraven; concerning the water bottles.. there are of course ways to counter that easily, with non-plastic bottles that one can use for tapping water. You only need to wash it once a week or so, but it is not made from plastic so no micro-plastics in your body either. It is increasingly common in my country and there's basically almost never a reason for me to buy water.

Thanks for the link, Altair. I personally don't buy bottled water. I live on a well and refill glass bottles after the well water is filtered through an R.O. system.

This is a convenience society, at least in the country I live in and instead of bringing water from home when out, lots of people just pop into the convenient store or gas station and get bottled water. When I'm at the grocery store I see people buying bottled water by 48 bottles at a time. Just makes me think about whether or not they're recycling. Hopefully. Sorry for always responding with 'declining state of nature' responses only without adding the 'Spiritual communities' side of the topic of your thread.
Old 18-09-2019, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

It's nice to see that some christians have some ecological awareness. I also appreciated the Pope's Laudato Si' encyclical of 2014. He links the issues we are facing, albeit from a more religious perspective. It's worth a read.

Altair - The amazon forest fires is sad evidence that mankind deems profits more imperative than life force. Climate change and the destruction of delicate ecosystems is a reality that scares those who have a global consciousness and want not only to be able to breathe and sustain life, but for future generations to have a planet they can live on. What we've already done and are doing today will effect climate change tomorrow, regardless to changing our behavior. But that's no excuse not to STOP mankind's damaging behavior right now. At some point, without change, we will reach the point of no return. It will then be too late!