Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Rah nam...How is physicality based on duality.

Creation only can take place if source, or consciousness, what ever we like to call it, splits itself into two opposites. Those two parts at first will react very violently towards each other in order to recreate their original state.
Over "time" which at this state does not exist, of cause, those two opposites through the guidance of source will come to a more amicable interaction.
What I try to say with this is, duality as I understand it, only comes to an end at a point where we return to source.

What we can learn is to live in greater harmony within this dualistic system.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Creation only can take place if source, or consciousness, what ever we like to call it, splits itself into two opposites. Those two parts at first will react very violently towards each other in order to recreate their original state.
Over "time" which at this state does not exist, of cause, those two opposites through the guidance of source will come to a more amicable interaction.
What I try to say with this is, duality as I understand it, only comes to an end at a point where we return to source.

I agree with you in general. How far we can get in terms of harmony within the dualistic system, and the potential results of that, is the great challenge of life
Old 01-02-2019, 03:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

It seems as though you are saying that god/source split itself into two opposite components in order to create physicality...
Old 01-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Master
To keep it simple, yes, not only that, it constantly feed it to not collapse into itself.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
It seems as though you are saying that god/source split itself into two opposite components in order to create physicality...

Although I'm not Rah nam, I will venture a comment here.

When one practices "conscious sleep" and watches dream formation from start to finish, one can directly observe in slow motion how the dreamer splits itself into multiple components and yet transcends it all. In "conscious sleep" or even in a lucid dream, one can shift attention and view the dream creation from more than one perspective.

It is well said that "man is made in the image of god" or "as above, so below".
Old 01-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Master

Quote:

It is taught that the Absolute manifests as Purusha (Spirit) and Mulaprakriti (Primordial Matter). These two combine to create consciousness. Thus the One becomes Three. From these three come the worlds of form, resulting in the physical plane. So the Three become Seven.

Peace.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:16 AM
Ah, what would it feel like to be separate from Heaven?
Bingo, the power of one crazy thought...and here we are.

A major premise of A Course In Miracles....channeled by Jesus...
thought this group would find that interesting.
Another premise...the way to get outta this place once and for all.

And that is why I love ACIM!!!!

Another premise...we are actually still in Heaven and this is a dream.

('This place' being duality to stay on topic...a stage, yup.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-02-2019, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, what would it feel like to be separate from Heaven?
Bingo, the power of one crazy thought...and here we are.

A major premise of A Course In Miracles....channeled by Jesus...
thought this group would find that interesting.
Another premise...the way to get outta this place once and for all.

And that is why I love ACIM!!!!

Another premise...we are actually still in Heaven and this is a dream.

('This place' being duality to stay on topic...a stage, yup.)

What was the 'way to get outta this place once and for all' according to ACIM?
Old 02-02-2019, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
"Duality is just a stage to be understood and overcome".

--- Edward Selim Michael
If one is consciously immersed in Duality with full awareness, then there is nothing to overcome.

Why did the Taoists create the concept of Yin and Yang, placing a bit of the opposite in each?

Why do people distinguish Duality from Non-Duality, when the simple act of doing so becomes just another Dualistic dichotomy?

In the philosophy of Non Duality, the concept of Duality has become the "bad thing" or the "evil thing" which must be avoided, transcended, overcome, seen as ignorant etc...Why not accepted? embraced as part OF the Non Duality, or even Non Duality itself, so there is no remaining distinction?

How does one accept what is, knowing that it is not?
For to accept things as they are, means to accept Duality as it is, no? Then there are no stages, nothing to be understood and nothing to overcome.

This is the way I live anyway.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If one is consciously immersed in Duality with full awareness, then there is nothing to overcome.

Why did the Taoists create the concept of Yin and Yang, placing a bit of the opposite in each?

Why do people distinguish Duality from Non-Duality, when the simple act of doing so becomes just another Dualistic dichotomy?

In the philosophy of Non Duality, the concept of Duality has become the "bad thing" or the "evil thing" which must be avoided, transcended, overcome, seen as ignorant etc...Why not accepted? embraced as part OF the Non Duality, or even Non Duality itself, so there is no remaining distinction?

How does one accept what is, knowing that it is not?
For to accept things as they are, means to accept Duality as it is, no? Then there are no stages, nothing to be understood and nothing to overcome.

This is the way I live anyway.

Well put. What you describe is akin to living in two worlds simultaneously. We are in agreement. Then there is neither duality nor non-duality.