Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 30-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Experiencer
I am a sceptic, in spite of my experiences

Since early childhood I have had the weirdest of experiences, which believers in the paranormal would no doubt describe as such.

I have probably told people on this forum my story before, I hope you won't mind me repeating it.

My childhood home in the Channel Islands was a farmhouse first erected in 1820. This was built on the foundations of a 12th century home belonging to a British historical figure, supposedly an ancestor of mine who helped out a monarch.

The house apparently hosted a poltergeist, and it could be scary at times when I was young. One benefit was that when my siblings and I were children in the 50s and being looked after by a babysitter, on the rare occasions our parents went out together in the evenings, we would tell them the stories about the poltergeist. They usually insisted we stayed up to keep them company until they heard our parent's car coming down the drive!

More recently 1997 my husband and I purchased a 1610 farmhouse in North Wales, and lived there until 2012 when we sold it. If you can think of it in connection with the supernatural we probably experienced it as did our visitors for 11 of the 15 years we lived there, when it all stopped abruptly. Everything from apparitions of a monk, a girl and a boy, religious Welsh words appearing on the walls, different ones appearing when those were painted out, images on photos, which weren't there when the photo was taken and much, much more.

We never found the activity scary even though it could be extremely irritating at times. At first my husband, a scientist, and I thought it was a hoax, but as things happened in front of us and others, it was hard to work out how it was achieved. However, we firmly believe there is a natural explanation for this sort of occurance even if science has yet to come up with it.
Old 30-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Master

Living in a 1600s farm house would be all most as neet as in an old castle , ghost or not . I assume you//some one added power and indoor plumbing , ect. On what you want to believe , I dont think any one hear watts to tell you how or what to believe .
Old 30-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Living in a 1600s farm house would be all most as neet as in an old castle , ghost or not . I assume you//some one added power and indoor plumbing , ect. On what you want to believe , I dont think any one hear watts to tell you how or what to believe .

The house had been extended and modernised over the years since it was built.
Old 30-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Sometimes it is just better to be sceptical than trying to shove anything unexplainable to the paranormal. It's ok to believe in something but one must also be willing to question it.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Sometimes it is just better to be sceptical than trying to shove anything unexplainable to the paranormal. It's ok to believe in something but one must also be willing to question it.

I think science will be able to debunk the paranormal eventually.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle

Debunk? Not sure. Prove that the paranormal is real? Unlikely...
Old 03-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Debunk? Not sure. Prove that the paranormal is real? Unlikely...

I hope science will be able to prove that the paranormal is a figment of the human imagination.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I hope science will be able to prove that the paranormal is a figment of the human imagination.

To be honest I believe to a degree in the paranormal even though I question my own beliefs very often. I just know that science will never be able to prove to the world that the paranormal is real and that a supernatural dimension exists. Why? Balance... If everyone suddenly believed in the paranormal then the whole world would be literally turned upside down. From my perspective, paranormal events are very personal experiences to a certain individual that don't happen in public.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Master

Quote:

I suggest a better word for 'debunk' would be 'explain'. It's just that scientists aren't interested in these reports because they have already - due to peer pressures - decided that such 'things' simply cannot be. Until such times as science is forced to take a look they shall continue to ignore those not-yet-discovered forces which surround us.
Those who have ventured just a little away from science's logic have paid a hefty price: see Dr. Rupert Sheldrake. There are other examples too.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Master

Sciance needs some thing that is repeatable . Now if you can get a ghost to show up a few times in a row , lets say 02;00 , and say some thing like . I was Susan Miller , I lived at 1234 main st. LA , CA , ect. on e.v.p. ( and there is edvance of her living there ) it might offer some proof.