Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Knower
I hear something - but not with my ears.

I've recently discovered a sound when I meditate. I'm actually able to hear it if I focus, whenever I get quiet now - like when I'm reading. Except the sound isn't in my ears, it's in my head. And it's not so much a sound as it is a frequency or tone. Or something like that. And it's on the right side - top of my head.

It's not a steady note, it sort of fluctuates in volume. It resembles very slightly that ringing in the ears, but the tone is much higher and - it isn't in my ears.

Anyone know what that is?
Old 17-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Master

There is a similar discussion going on elsewhere (see ASMR when meditating).

There is a system of meditation called Shabd Yoga, the Shabd being the divine Sound current, which is seen as inner Light. There are many sounds which can be heard within, such as tinkling bells, a buzzing sound, a flute, distant rolling thunder. We can tune into these sounds by focusing on the right side of the head.

As you say, these sounds are not heard in the ears. For me, it is not just heard as a sound but also felt as a vibration. It begins in the crown chakra, and then over time descends to fill the head, and then descends further into the heart.

I have only once during intense meditation felt it in the whole body, with the sound vibrating up the entire spine and my chakras felt very aligned.

So, as I suggested to astralwanderer, why not try meditating on the sound and see where it leads.

Peace.
Old 17-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Seeker

i know what you talking about.
its the vibrations.
i can hear things too, sounds or people talking, not with my ears, it is sometimes inside my head and sometimes its like coming from outside. it is sometime coming from inside my right ear.
i think it is related to the development of psychic hearing/psychic abilities...

Last edited by maaya2809 : 17-08-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 17-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Master

you can also make the unsounded sounds rather than just responding to them - it is a little difficult at first because which ones resonate depend exactly on how your body is currently 'flexed'... but with practice you can create them as kind of a way to flex your body different ways.

sometimes making 'physical' sounds can help you learn how to make the unsounded ones as well... there are other approaches you can use if you 'hear' the thoughts in your head because those are just an emanation of the same thing.
Old 18-08-2017, 04:33 AM
Guide
If you are going to do mantra meditation, then only you are supposed to hear sound arise of mantra in your mind.

Otherwise you have to ignore this sound.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Seeker

I have heard a very subtle sizzling, like the sound electrical appliances make. It is a very high frequency. I don't know if that is a common thing about human audition or not, but I recall having noticed it rather vividly in my last meditation session.

I have also read about a sizzling noise that is located on top of the crown chakra...does that make any sense to anyone out there?
Old 09-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Angel1

Ha, what fun for you, Micromacro!
Yes, the Shabd, the Sound Current. ( Hi, iamthat)
Divine Music, Celestial Harmonies, Music of the Spheres...all can be googled...
have fun with all you will find online...you will find words like Sant Mat, Radhasoami..read on.

Yes, off to the right.
Now, since i have been practicing this as part of what I was taught...
I can tell you...cuz of 44 years of sitting for many hours a sitting just listening to this...many sounds, many layers, will happen taking you to
transcendent places.
You may hear thunder, water in many ways, crickets, bassoons, strings, angels singing eternally, ♫ brass, ♫ full melodies you can play on an instrument later..
Oh my, the wonders of concentrating on this heavenly experience.

Place ear plugs in, the waxy ones are best ...turn off all distractions and sit...a satin sleep mask helps.

Then, read Kabir who speaks of the unstruck strings... the flute.
Find a book online by Kirpal Singh...'Naam or Word', SO much more will be explained.
This is not tinnitus.

While a mantra ends...this is the Sacred Sound that has always been, heard by a few,
never dies, will always be, permeates All That IS.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by XalosJuryin
I have heard a very subtle sizzling, like the sound electrical appliances make. It is a very high frequency. I don't know if that is a common thing about human audition or not, but I recall having noticed it rather vividly in my last meditation session.

I have also read about a sizzling noise that is located on top of the crown chakra...does that make any sense to anyone out there?

That's a good way to describe it. It's odd, isn't it? The frequency is behind or maybe above a sort of hissing or fuzzy sound. I always 'hear' the fuzzy sound first.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ha, what fun for you, Micromacro!
Yes, the Shabd, the Sound Current. ( Hi, iamthat)
Divine Music, Celestial Harmonies, Music of the Spheres...all can be googled...
have fun with all you will find online...you will find words like Sant Mat, Radhasoami..read on.

Place ear plugs in, the waxy ones are best ...turn off all distractions and sit...a satin sleep mask helps.

Then, read Kabir who speaks of the unstruck strings... the flute.
Find a book online by Kirpal Singh...'Naam or Word', SO much more will be explained.
This is not tinnitus.

While a mantra ends...this is the Sacred Sound that has always been, heard by a few,
never dies, will always be, permeates All That IS.

Thank you! I did my research on tinnitus and paid attention to the sound over a period of time. You're right - it's not tinnitus.

I'm smiling.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by XalosJuryin

I do recognize it. Especially when you are relaxed and calm. Next to that I hear high frequency 'beeps' sometimes.......like 'things' are communicating with each other. It always means that spirits are around. When I hear I know they are there and will touch me.