Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Beginning of projection, or something else?

About a year ago I was extremely into dreaming and lucid dreaming, to the mount where I had enough patients and diligence to sit still and lie there for near hours attempting to slip into one, from wake. And during one of those times I found myself in a very bizzare situation that kind of spooked me out of trying to lucid dream fully using that method, and I'm wondering what exactly happened?

So I basically lied still with my eyes shut for roughly an hour calming myself and such in the dark in my bed. I don't know why, but for some reason I hit a point when my eyes won't stop quivering, and it causes me to feel as though I'm spinning and my body feels very light. I felt extreme amounts of energy as well. I'm not heavy into things such as astral projection, but in my lucid dreaming research I've not come across that prior to sleep paralysis, which I've done as well.

Have you experienced this while meditating?

The sheer feeling of motion and quivering scared me, and I woke up extremely dizzy and afraid. I haven't really tried since. Nothing I'm doing is hurting me right? I'd like to try this again, and start meditating more. If any of you have some insight on this, i would appreciate it.
Old 30-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Master
No, nothing you are doing is hurting you.
It does sound like you started to disconnect consciousness from the physical body (similar to astral travel) but aborted the attempt. We each experience this a bit differently.

I wouldn't let it scare you, the first few times can be odd until you get the hang of it.
Have in your mind that 'oddness' may happen and to allow it and be comfortable with it - just observe it. Set a destination in mind of where you want to travel too - that way consciousness can head there instead of being in a semi-detached state but having no where to go.
Don't worry about whether you can return to body or not - you will - there's no choice in this. It happens whether we want or not. It's very very very hard to stay out longer than 30 mins to an hour.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:05 AM
Newbie ;)

I was very much into astral projection and lucid dreaming. From what I always considered, astral projection is an exit from the physical body through conscious willingness and intent from waking state, whereas lucid dreaming is the exit from the physical body through dreaming. Both will eventually culminate in a similar plane of existence (although there are subplanes).

Now about your experience, I can relate to that because I believe it happened to me once almost the same way. The only kind of meditation I used to do, back then was astral projection. But I resolved to meditate with legs crossed padmasana style. I didn't really know where or what I was aiming at, so I closed my eyes and focused the third eye and did an AP technique. Soon I had a feeling I was being sucked into my third eye (new feeling that didn't ever happened to me in AP), felt very tiny inside my head, started to feel tingling throughout my body, had REM, deep breathing and increased heart beat. I was sweaty and afraid. I decided to stop because it was getting weirder than the usual AP attempts maybe because I was in a different position, sitting instead of lying down.

All in all it was spectacular. Had tried it more times but never got so profound again. Maybe that time I wasn't expecting anything and that helped... I had many ventures in the vibrational phase when OOBEing. But this experience had a different color / meaning for me.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Pathfinder

I am totally agreed with CrystalSong you are going to hurting you nothing else. Meditating on the sensation of pain without reacting to it or trying to change it doesn’t stop it being painful, but it might be able to stop it being anything more than just painful.
Old 15-08-2017, 06:44 AM
Guide
Well these are ordinery happenings we must not give importance to these things. you have worked for lucid dreams its side effect is this or may you tried astral projection a lot.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Seeker

I agree with CrystalSong...keep at it and embrace the oddities. No spiritual journey is devoid of oddities haha. Oddities is a funny word.