Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Enlightener

Sleep Deprivation

Sleep deprivation exercises the mind, as it is constantly in use and not being rested.
Sleep deprivation may not be that great for the soul, as it is stuck in the body and needs sleep to re-member itself with Oneness but it is an interesting excavation if you ever have the time to deprive yourself of sleep.
I suggest a 48 hour period without sleep is sufficient to expand the mind, go too long without sleep and you will start to become retarded.
Try this: Wake up ion the morning at your usual time, stay awake until 6:00 am the next morning and then go outside in the morning sun and lie down, you can even rest your eyes for a while, though don't fall asleep! Then start your day as usual, possibly entering a public space to experience the effects of the deprivation around others.
As it becomes nightime you will start to experience the more in-depth effects of sleep deprivation, such as strange colouring and mental clarity.
This is a time to conduct intellectual conversation with a friend or family member.

You may need to use a stimulant on the first night as you will tend to want to fall asleep; I suggest coffee or marijuana(out of a bong) if that is what keeps you awake, or you could try any stimulant which keeps your eyes open.

Enlightener
Old 14-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Enlightener

okay, I just tried this again last night and all I have to say is DON't DO IT.
I guess it was interesting the first time, but the second time you do it (in a short term period) it sucks.

:)

Enlightgened
Old 16-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
okay, I just tried this again last night and all I have to say is DON't DO IT.
I guess it was interesting the first time, but the second time you do it (in a short term period) it sucks.

:)

Enlightgened

ROFOL!!!
Old 16-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Ascended Master

Once stayed awake for 4 days, and kept getting tracks following everything that moved?!

Now that DID suck! lol
Old 01-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Master
Once stayed awake for 4 days, and kept getting tracks following everything that moved?!

Now that DID suck! lol

I get this sometimes AM, thankfully without sleep deprivation, I believe it to be a sight iof the inherent energy within objects/matter, of course it could just be my eyes going, bummer!!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I get this sometimes AM, thankfully without sleep deprivation, I believe it to be a sight iof the inherent energy within objects/matter, of course it could just be my eyes going, bummer!!

I get the exact same thing, I wonder what it is!?

George Spiller
Old 13-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen

lol lol lol

Interesting thought Peteyzen!

AM
Old 14-12-2006, 03:19 AM
BLAIR2BE

i agree. sleep deprivation does suck. i have a baby at home; while im not deprived to an extreme extent, i do not get to sleep like i did 8 months ago, and it is noticeable. i miss that sleep freedom, but its worth it! (also i used to dope alot which would rob me of sleep, it never felt good to "hit the wall")
Old 18-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Master
Enlightener,

I believe too many people already suffer from sleep deprivation. Blair's right...those of us with kids already miss out on enough sleep! lol I don't think suggesting more sleep deprivation is the best way to go. I'd hate to think what might happen if someone decided to try it on a 'normal' day and they couldn't function well enough to stay safe.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 19-01-2007, 01:25 AM
tiltjlp

Normally I'd pull and possibly delete this thread, but I think, in light of Enlightener stating that this isn't a good idea, and everyone else agreeing, I'll leave it as a warning against making a game of it. And I'll even add my own personal experience.

I'm 60, overweight, diabetic, and have extremely severe arthritis. Because of these factors, I have suffered ongoing and worsening sleep deprivation for the past 10 years. I am never as alert or as attentive as I should or want to be. I have fallen asleep in front of my computer, and usually can only read for a few minutes at a time. Because I'm not always alert, I don't use the best judgment at times, and have injured myself many times, mostly from stumbling.

I used to average 2-3 hours of sleep a day, and not all at one time. Luckily, my situation has improved slightly over the past 6-8 months, and I now usually get 4 or 5 hours sleep most days, in one long nap. But my sleep isn't as restful or as deep as it should be, and if I'm awoken, it's impossible to get back to sleep. This is a serious medical condition, and IMNSHO, should not be toyed with.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 03-02-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Closed Thread