Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2014, 05:03 AM
Administrator
We are working on technical issues--if you can help, please read

I am so sorry we are experiencing issues with the forum. My tech help is out of town right now, and I am in the middle of a crazy rush for my business, but I am hoping to get some help as soon as I can.

My tech help is the person who knows about the nuts and bolts of hosting/servers, etc. I need his expertise---I sent him an email and will hopefully be hearing from him soon.

In the meantime, please forgive the inconveniences of the issues the site is experiencing.

I am swamped with my business right now, but if anyone can offer help, please contact kindspirit through the forums. I believe he is under that name on here. He is the one who has helped me with problems with SF throughout these past 5 years.

I can't give out his private email, so if there are any issues contacting him through here, contact me and I will try to respond as soon as I can.

I am so sorry.
Old 28-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Ascender

hi lets just trust all will be fine and it will all get done in a caring way for all

and there will be no stress but understanding towards the problem

funny how I knew what you write yesterday :-) made a joke about it even :-) to know with out knowing :-)

love and light to you :-)
Old 28-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Master
I'm sure the tech person/people will get to it when he/she/they can.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Raven Poet

It will be okay, anonafox! Don't take too much on - I'll pray that we all have PATIENCE!

Hope you get thru your crazy business demands too!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:32 AM
Experiencer

Such is forum life.. I adnit to being kinda peeved after making a detailed and carefully worded post and was editing it.. when it vaporised.. i tried everything to get it back, it must have entered a black hole
Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Master
Trying to be helpful...

Star Wolf... Not sure if you're aware of the following...

When I'm writing a long or intricate post, I do so in a Google cloud document, then copy and paste it into the forum message pad...
That way, if it suddenly disappears, there is a means of recovery at hand...

All you need to access the facility, is a Google mail account - if you've not already got one...

It's a good document set up system, which I wouldn't want to be without...

Hope you're not offended by the suggestion...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 10-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Experiencer

Or even a plain old Word/Open office or even trusty old 'Notepad' document for the purposes of cut and past, Ive lost one too many epic replies off of the ipad so make it a habit to do that anyway now...
Old 10-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfPentacles
Or even a plain old Word/Open office or even trusty old 'Notepad' document for the purposes of cut and past, Ive lost one too many epic replies off of the ipad so make it a habit to do that anyway now...

Spot on there King... What could be easier??? Not a lot!!!!!!

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 13-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Pathfinder

I want to say first that this is an excellent forum. I am having trouble with slow posting and at times pages loading slow. I have gotten one message, " could not connect to database".

I do not mean to intrude here, but I have had some experience with these issues. I have set up and maintain a half a dozen SMF forums. SMF is different and inferior to vBulletin, but the problems you are having is the same we have experienced in the past.
I contacted my host and increased the number of connections allowed. I cost a couple of bucks more per month, but it was worth it.
Another thing that caused posting problems in the past that resemble what you are experiencing was anti spam packages such as Askimet.
Like I said, I do not mean to meddle, but I like your forum and felt that you may benefit from our experiences.
Best regards,
Tim
Old 13-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Master

I've only found the forum running slowly on odd occasions, which hasn't troubled me to any degree... I surmise that is caused by the same, or a similar thing...

I suppose it depends in some respects, on what funding is available to the company running the forum, whether or not, anything could be upgraded, to avoid such issues... However, I don't think members can really complain, when a service such as we get here, is completely free of charge...

Personally, I'm content to ease off a bit now and again, to allow things to settle down, sooner than having to start chipping in with donations to off-set running costs, or even worse: getting hung up on advertising...

Robbie....

Closed Thread