Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Astral projections depend on our brain and so on our body?

Hello everyone! I wanted to ask questions about astral travel that I managed to do a few days ago. First of all I wanted to ask you according to you if what I did is an astral journey or a lucid dream (I opt for the first one): I start by detaching myself from the body and I start going around the house. Before I wanted to feel the consistency of the wall and it was just as hard as if it were real then I go down to the kitchen and I notice that there are many sweets on the table and I begin to count them to see if, once woken up, there were also in reality. I count them and they were 11 and I realize that it couldn't have been possible because in physical reality there were only 3. Then I go up to the bathroom and I notice that there is a bathtub, but in reality we had removed the bathtub a few months earlier to take a shower. Eventually I return to the body feeling like a suck

Based on my experiences of detachment from the body it seems to me that the astral reality is almost equal to the physical reality in the sense that I detach myself from the body to go around the house and everything seems to be identical apart from some details that, however, make the difference. That is, the feeling I have is that this non-physical reality that I explore is fictitious, not true because it is as if it were based on the memory that I have of the environment I am visiting and the memory, you know, is deceptive. That is, I do not seem to find anything spiritual, but only a powerful imagination that is all inside my brain, I do not have the feeling that it is another dimension. In order for it to be another dimension, then we should suppose that it is possible to meet other people who simultaneously make an astral journey and then upon waking can confirm that they have seen each other, but being an experience totally based on their subjective perception, on memory, I don't think it is possible. Ok you answer that physical reality is after all a perception of our brain and this is true, but in this case we have the comparison with other people who perceive our exact same things with the 5 senses. In astral, on the other hand, we do not have another person to deal with and all those characters that can be met are our projections (as our fears): only when two people meet in astral and then upon awakening do they both confirm the meeting then we can actually speak of another dimension, but I don't know if such a thing is attested. Basically, what I believed could give me an answer of a possible life after death, I don't mind because it seems to me that astral travel also depends on my brain and therefore on my physical body and that once the brain is turned off, there will actually be nothing. What do you think? Does astral travel depend on our brain? Does the astral dimension exist or is it just our subjective projection?
Old 02-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eöl il Padovano
Hello everyone! I wanted to ask questions about astral travel that I managed to do a few days ago. First of all I wanted to ask you according to you if what I did is an astral journey or a lucid dream (I opt for the first one): I start by detaching myself from the body and I start going around the house. Before I wanted to feel the consistency of the wall and it was just as hard as if it were real then I go down to the kitchen and I notice that there are many sweets on the table and I begin to count them to see if, once woken up, there were also in reality. I count them and they were 11 and I realize that it couldn't have been possible because in physical reality there were only 3. Then I go up to the bathroom and I notice that there is a bathtub, but in reality we had removed the bathtub a few months earlier to take a shower. Eventually I return to the body feeling like a suck

Based on my experiences of detachment from the body it seems to me that the astral reality is almost equal to the physical reality in the sense that I detach myself from the body to go around the house and everything seems to be identical apart from some details that, however, make the difference. That is, the feeling I have is that this non-physical reality that I explore is fictitious, not true because it is as if it were based on the memory that I have of the environment I am visiting and the memory, you know, is deceptive. That is, I do not seem to find anything spiritual, but only a powerful imagination that is all inside my brain, I do not have the feeling that it is another dimension. In order for it to be another dimension, then we should suppose that it is possible to meet other people who simultaneously make an astral journey and then upon waking can confirm that they have seen each other, but being an experience totally based on their subjective perception, on memory, I don't think it is possible. Ok you answer that physical reality is after all a perception of our brain and this is true, but in this case we have the comparison with other people who perceive our exact same things with the 5 senses. In astral, on the other hand, we do not have another person to deal with and all those characters that can be met are our projections (as our fears): only when two people meet in astral and then upon awakening do they both confirm the meeting then we can actually speak of another dimension, but I don't know if such a thing is attested. Basically, what I believed could give me an answer of a possible life after death, I don't mind because it seems to me that astral travel also depends on my brain and therefore on my physical body and that once the brain is turned off, there will actually be nothing. What do you think? Does astral travel depend on our brain? Does the astral dimension exist or is it just our subjective projection?

I believe some AP are happening in the mental plane ( in your mind ) and some happen in another realm of existence.

Let me tell you this, I met the masons ( if you heard about this society ) in my APs and some time later a mason came to me, in real life, to propose me to be one of them, I never met a mason in my entire life prior to this experience, how is this even possible? This guy, the mason, was the boyfriend of my cousin and when I said no, some time later he broke with her, I believe his only purpose was to get to know me and make that proposal to me. I found from him that, even in this small town/city where I live, there are many masons, the richest and most powerful people from here. This is my best proof that AP it's not only happening on the mental plane.

To me, the most "real" experience is the one when I return back to my body, I can feel myself going into my body, I am like an orb or something like that and I usually return to my body through my mouth. Of course, the detachment is also very vivid, I can feel myself rising and floating above my physical body.

Not just once I was stuck in my own room bouncing on the walls and they were pretty real to me, I could touch them, I was trying to go through them but.. :)
Old 03-01-2020, 09:53 AM
Master
Much of this makes sense to me Eöl il Padovano - ive not been there just read about it - etheric plane its supposed to be so close to the physical plane that its like going to the hotel down your next street for your holidays - things are not the same on etheric plane but walls are solid, and things are in different places to where they should be - as I say just what ive read part of my research...

The physical brain doesn't go with the energy body stays with physical - but the mind different issue that moves on with the spirit I reckon, try getting a scan of that or the spirit... My theory is the mind is attached to the spirit so keep the mind strong.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Master

Hello Eöl, From what you said I personally think you may of had a lucid dream of having an OBE. Lucid dreaming can feel very real too as anyone who has had false awakenings knows.

When I have an OBE things are exactly as they are physically if I check out what I experienced afterwards. I have managed to find things out during OBEs due to that.

I do not know how it is for others but when I have an OBE, I do find the walls like semi-solid.. I personally can not get through them but if I push on one with my hand and focus they give way a bit (like if I pushed onto a fairly hard mattress with that kind of give to them). I've ended up stuck in rooms during OBEs due to this unless I manifest myself somewhere else.

The one time I found things different in my home (other then a time I seen an entity going down my hallway) as I KNEW there had to be a reason for it, I investigated the situation when I got back to body and found out that what I had seen which was different was what my daughter had actually dreamed right before I got out.

She dreamed she had a birthday party in the lounge room. When I had got out, I saw childrens birthday wrapping paper, paper cakes and other party stuff littered throughout the room so that all had left me very confused as it should not have been there and I are not used to at all seeing things which should not be there.. but it made sense once I found out the dream she'd had.

Other people can manifest things on the astral plane which may be seen due to their thoughts or just a dream but those things do not last very long out there and their energy will very soon break down so to be no longer seen. Anothers dream or thoughts though should not be able to remove the astral counterparts of physical things in your home, every physical thing in your home has an astral counterpart to it.

"Then I go up to the bathroom and I notice that there is a bathtub, but in reality we had removed the bathtub a few months earlier to take a shower. Eventually I return to the body feeling like a suck "

Unless you astrally ended up in a different time period for your home eg a past time (that doesnt happen to me when Im out looking about my home but I suppose it would be possible as I have seen future disaster things when astral ..so why not also the past). Was your home looking like it was all back then? I do suppose though if you are lucid dreaming.. it may more likely look like things were for a long time in the past then see a very recent change with that as the old version probably more ingrained in your memories esp the long term.

Do not be disappointed that it's probably a lucid dream as those can be quite fun...(actually I think often more fun than OBEs). It is also possible to share a dream with another and so this is not something only in OBE (though it may be less common to share a dream which probably involves some telepathic skill than really meet someone on the astral plane during an OBE).

"Does the astral dimension exist or is it just our subjective projection?"

so anyway yes it certainly exists but lucid dreams are subjective (and created by the subconsciousness).