Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Recalling a conv over the dinner table a couple years ago. Some sceptic said "Magic? It's all in the mind!" and someone replied (not me) "But isn't everything?" (in the mind).
In response I say: BEWARE 'male' chauvinism, which may be 'promoted' by 'females' as well (for a whole complex of reasons)!

I 'see' and so submit for greater consideration the fact (IMO, it is a fact!) that 'the heart' is co-equal to/with 'the mind' and so doesn't live 'within' it anymore than a 'wife' (Eve?) derives her existence and the validity/power of her wishes-n-desires and related 'views' from a 'husband' (Adam?).

Old 29-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We are always dealing with our own consciousness, even if we think we are dealing with someone else and what they have said or done. We are always dealing with our own conscience and what we have put in our own consciousness; our conscience is as a gateway to our own consciousness, and some things which we have put in our consciousness we have nurtured more than others. We have a passion for some things more than others and then there are those things which were thrust upon us over the course of our human life. These things are floating around in our consciousness as well. Things from our childhood, etc.

True clarity is when we have cleared our consciousness, and that clearing process goes deep within our own sub-conscious nature to things which we may have long buried there. We care for our physical body on a daily basis but most people do not take care of their own mind until something goes screwy and then they will take some medication or see a therapist, etc. I am having a wonderful time communing and interacting with my own consciousness, and grateful for the awareness to recognize what I have put in my consciousness, some of those things going back decades.

Mental states are physical states as what we dwell upon in our mind will find its way into our cellular physical structure. We all have our cross to bear, physical, mental, or emotional limitations which challenge us. No one, no doctor or health practitioner, can know us the way that we know ourselves. I feel challenged just dealing with my seventy-year-old physical body. I have found that most spiritual seekers came out of very traumatic backgrounds or have some potentially debilitating condition which requires constant maintenance. Often it is their perceived limitations that spur them to seek after a greater truth.

I do love the silence that I experience when I quiet my mind and I have come to realize that the closer I get to the source of any experience the stronger that experience becomes. Silence has a source which we humans may refer to as a “void.” People often associate the word “silence” with the word “peace. “ Well, when we quiet our mind there is a “peace which surpasses understanding.”

That void sometimes enters my consciousness and it often startles me because it comes on suddenly, a very deep and pervasive empty expansive whose peripheral is experienced as silence, when delved into deeper presents a very thick and unfathomably quiet void; although it is not a “void” at all. Which to my inquisitive mind has an ominous presence. I have often wondered how cognitive dissidence, or what we humans’ generally may call “mental disorders,” are related to spiritual matters. What we humans experience as “silence” is but a faint emanation coming from an expansive depth of incredible stillness and overwhelming quiet. A depth which is in the here and now and we experience its emanations as silence just as we experience the emanations from the sun as sunlight.

We humans are conditioned in a three-dimensional environment transitioning into an environment that may be beyond three dimensions. Its’ strange because I know I live and have my being in the midst of that “void” every moment of my existence, while I sit here and talk about it like it is something which is over there removed from my immediate presence. We sit in the midst of infinity while we contemplate how to access infinity. Funny, how the mind wants to know what the heart already understands. We are born with everything we need to make a smooth transition when we withdraw from our physical existence.

Allow me Starman, to say that what you have written here so beautifully verges almost on enlightenment. It mirrors my own situation as I recognise the value of the years behind me. I wish I'd written it.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:36 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow Metaphysical >vs< Physical

First off I see no way to quantify much less quantise metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts.
We do quantify and quantise some aspects of occupied space Universe.
As for celluar activity well again that is an aspect of occupied space Universe comprised of fermions and bosons.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 17-08-2018, 03:23 AM
Why this thread is so short and ended I have no idea!
It's brilliant!
Pls, continue with just anything, Starman...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We are always dealing with our own consciousness, even if we think we are dealing with someone else and what they have said or done. We are always dealing with our own conscience and what we have put in our own consciousness; our conscience is as a gateway to our own consciousness, and some things which we have put in our consciousness we have nurtured more than others. We have a passion for some things more than others and then there are those things which were thrust upon us over the course of our human life. These things are floating around in our consciousness as well. Things from our childhood, etc.
Hey there Starman, agreed. And very nicely said.
I just want to throw out a few thoughts on this nicely stated bit of reflection.

Quote:
True clarity is when we have cleared our consciousness, and that clearing process goes deep within our own sub-conscious nature to things which we may have long buried there. We care for our physical body on a daily basis but most people do not take care of their own mind until something goes screwy and then they will take some medication or see a therapist, etc. I am having a wonderful time communing and interacting with my own consciousness, and grateful for the awareness to recognize what I have put in my consciousness, some of those things going back decades.
There is a clearing, there is a discovery, there is an integration and a deepening, there is a metamorphosis of total transformation and renewal...cycling around and back again. That is what I have realised. There is always more. When we are at peace and centred, the now-centred, peaceful, balanced flame of desire for Source will always lead us to the next step, the next place on our path. But, at the closing of any one cycle, it may seem to us that a rest and a consolidation is at hand or is well-deserved

Quote:
Mental states are physical states as what we dwell upon in our mind will find its way into our cellular physical structure. We all have our cross to bear, physical, mental, or emotional limitations which challenge us. No one, no doctor or health practitioner, can know us the way that we know ourselves. I feel challenged just dealing with my seventy-year-old physical body. I have found that most spiritual seekers came out of very traumatic backgrounds or have some potentially debilitating condition which requires constant maintenance. Often it is their perceived limitations that spur them to seek after a greater truth.
I think my own experienced and iniquities, my personal challenges and shortcomings, have always encouraged me to delve very deeply into the heart and mind. But you're so right...too often it's only when you're completely shattered and spent do you undergo the most profound metamorphoses, often through sheer necessity. That applies to me as well. I think grace and faith in what is produce an adaptability that allows for profound transformation and growth, and those things too are often greatly strengthened in trying times.

Quote:
I do love the silence that I experience when I quiet my mind and I have come to realize that the closer I get to the source of any experience the stronger that experience becomes. Silence has a source which we humans may refer to as a “void.” People often associate the word “silence” with the word “peace. “ Well, when we quiet our mind there is a “peace which surpasses understanding.”

That void sometimes enters my consciousness and it often startles me because it comes on suddenly, a very deep and pervasive empty expansive whose peripheral is experienced as silence, when delved into deeper presents a very thick and unfathomably quiet void; although it is not a “void” at all. Which to my inquisitive mind has an ominous presence. I have often wondered how cognitive dissidence, or what we humans’ generally may call “mental disorders,” are related to spiritual matters. What we humans experience as “silence” is but a faint emanation coming from an expansive depth of incredible stillness and overwhelming quiet. A depth which is in the here and now and we experience its emanations as silence just as we experience the emanations from the sun as sunlight.
Yes, I feel all is ultimately of and emanated from Source, so I do think there is a huge and largely unknown and misunderstood spiritual aspect to many mental illnesses, including the holistic impact of health and well-being, as well as deprivation, neglect, abuse, and other harms to the body, which can perpetrate or worsen mental illness.

Quote:
We humans are conditioned in a three-dimensional environment transitioning into an environment that may be beyond three dimensions. Its’ strange because I know I live and have my being in the midst of that “void” every moment of my existence, while I sit here and talk about it like it is something which is over there removed from my immediate presence. We sit in the midst of infinity while we contemplate how to access infinity. Funny, how the mind wants to know what the heart already understands. We are born with everything we need to make a smooth transition when we withdraw from our physical existence.
Hahaha Truly, perhaps it's not so funny at all really. We are intended to struggle, to awaken the heart and the intellect, and to consciously take difficult choices to lead from the heart and to submit awakened intellect (mind) in service to heart.

With that metamorphosis, which as noted is quite profound, there is no conflict and no choice to be made. We align and integrate our being at centre and all aspects of our being are of value. For many, this means honouring the body, which was historically maligned as banal and in a modern twist on the whole "the body is banal" philosophy, it is exploited and pimped out mercilessly in the modern era. For others, this could mean understanding the value of intellect and reason in support of strengthening foundational equanimity, one of the two key pillars of authentic love (the other being lovingkindness, of course).

I do think that it's ok to seek to become conscious of, to surface consciously, some of our deepest experiences and impressions. So long as we are ok in accepting that there is much to the mystery that remains out of our view or awareness. In fact, I think the art of surfacing is a critical aspect of taking full ownership for the crafting of the eternal soul or consciousness that we are. Slowly. One moment and one choice (of intent, thought, word, or deed) at a time From eternity to eternity, and beyond.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Suspended
Well every thing is a mental projection, you know every building you see, every street sign, art, cars, was all created in the mind of some human first then moved from the mind into the "physical" realm, wars, Buddhist temples, all mental projections, it all starts in the mind.

Just red the title.
Old 22-08-2018, 06:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Well every thing is a mental projection, you know every building you see, every street sign, art, cars, was all created in the mind of some human first then moved from the mind into the "physical" realm, wars, Buddhist temples, all mental projections, it all starts in the mind.

Just red the title.

Absolutely true. Mind is life's secret.

Watch: https://futurism.com/videos/brain-ha...cious-reality/
Old 22-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Absolutely true. Mind is life's secret.
Ahh, but what is IT that 'brings' ideas ('this' or 'that') and evaluations ('this' is more pertinent, useful, valuable, important, potentially beneficial, etc. to Life than 'that') to Mind????

Some would say IT is 'Heart'-felt Spirit.

Here's a snippet from the reading I got from the I-Ching today:

"There is a rhythmic force, a world music, that lives deep in the Unconscious of each of us.
It's a primitive drumbeat, a shaking rattle, a tribal chant that invokes the primal self to rise up and join the dance.
This is the enthusiasm that is generated now.
Not rhetorical persuasion, not a play on the emotions, but a charismatic, irresistible Call of the Wild.
Confucius said that the person who could comprehend this could 'rule the world as though it were spinning in his hand.'
This is a time for instinct, not intellect -- the Thunder from Beneath."

Old 22-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Ahh, but what is IT that 'brings' ideas ('this' or 'that') and evaluations ('this' is more pertinent, useful, valuable, important, potentially beneficial, etc. to Life than 'that') to Mind????

Some would say IT is 'Heart'-felt Spirit.

Here's a snippet from the reading I got from the I-Ching today:

"There is a rhythmic force, a world music, that lives deep in the Unconscious of each of us.
It's a primitive drumbeat, a shaking rattle, a tribal chant that invokes the primal self to rise up and join the dance.
This is the enthusiasm that is generated now.
Not rhetorical persuasion, not a play on the emotions, but a charismatic, irresistible Call of the Wild.
Confucius said that the person who could comprehend this could 'rule the world as though it were spinning in his hand.'
This is a time for instinct, not intellect -- the Thunder from Beneath."

In my book this rhythmic force, this world music, and the deepness of our conscious or unconsciousness life is in some way explained by Jung's collective unconscious.
We as individuals are slowly adding to a field of information which has always been recognised as existing in some mysterious way, God could for instance be a name for this field. Or the Akasha Chronicles (sorry the exact name has slipped my mind at the moment) could be this field just it could be the driving/guiding/feeling force behind evolution.
How do we become humans, how do horses become horses. It would be 'unfair' - not the right word, if we had made the jump from nothingness to now while others have to go through the pain of being alligators.
Rupert Sheldrake speaks of Morphic fields (as did, just to say, Rudolf Steiner) these fields he suggests take form, just as we form our bodies and all that is present around us and in us through 'habit'. The 'habits' formed from collected and added experiences of ALL kinds. Life is nothing but experience(s), and that's the reason for living for life of all kinds.
We don't have to look far to see the collectiveness of our thoughts. We know that a whole bundle of opinions can be changed and manipulated giving rise to followers of Hitlers or Stalins. We can turn into religious fanatics, football fans, be talibaners or mass ourselves into great companies. Our united beliefs know no boundaries. Each advancement into knowledge is founded upon that which WE already know. That's how we advance - or put in a better way, that's how we evolve.

In my own, as a young man, experienced 'mystic' moment, I knew everything, I could have answered every question. I've never forgotten that and even saw the simple way that matter is formed. Somehow I'd tapped into this 'field' and became one with it. This One is All, All is One, is the real truth. That's where we really live. In a great collective oneness.
Old 22-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
We can turn into religious fanatics, football fans, be talibaners or mass ourselves into great companies. Our united beliefs know no boundaries. Each advancement into knowledge is founded upon that which WE already know. That's how we advance - or put in a better way, that's how we evolve.

In my own, as a young man, experienced 'mystic' moment, I knew everything, I could have answered every question. I've never forgotten that and even saw the simple way that matter is formed. Somehow I'd tapped into this 'field' and became one with it. This One is All, All is One, is the real truth. That's where we really live. In a great collective oneness.
My point was/is that:

Since every possibility (including Stalinistic ones! ) is a part of and so may be tuned 'into' via 'the field', how we 'evolve' depends on the 'nature' of (what's 'in') our 'hearts'. Now, how the 'heart' 'evolves' 'higher' - I seriously think that might be worth thinking and speculating about.

Case in point: There are lots of people who thought/think 'All is One' etc. who are 'blind' to the implications of this - who therefore continue to betray Life by being 'self'ish - negligent etc. and even worse, who commit 'atrocities' "in the 'name' of God" etc. etc. etc. in relation to others!