Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 10-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Thumbs up learning and practicing channeling

channeling spirits is a natural gift i have just recently decided to practice. i have always felt a since of connection to the spirit world but was always so scared to actually open myself up enough to understand the gift i was givin. but when i got older i just felt like i was different . like their was something more to my life then just the plain Jane ordinary life. i decided to go inside myself and learn who i was and why these feelings of helping the departed kept haunting me. so i just started to channel . its hard to talk to anyone or ask anyone about this form of connecting with the dead because people tend to judge you. or mock you . i felt like i was apart of something. life to me was starting to teach me how to just let go and do what i wanted. but because of the negative feedback from family i would only practice when i was alone and away from everyone . no one understood the practice they assumed it was nothing but bad . i eventually just gave up on trying to please everyone . and slowly started back again. i really want to learn more and understand more about this practice . like how to know your protected from bad or negative spirit? how to grow more in the practice in order to help other people a mentor is what i need and a friend who shares the same interest as i do . if anyone has any tips or helpful advice i would love to hear !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Pathfinder
Katybug, glad you decided to get back into it! It can be hard with family and friends. Some will judge others will except. As far as protection, there are many different things you can do for protection. I myself do bright light protection every morning and any time I do readings or tap into spirit world. You can message me if you want to chat about things!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Master
Protection comes through being in a high enough frequency state that you repel lower frequency beings.
Psychic Shielding is also helpful as is a regular practice of Cleansing and Purifying and moving your frequency back into higher states daily and after being around any low frequency situations, locations and inter actions.

There are many modalities to accomplish the above. None are particularly better than another - it's all what you most feel comfortable with. The act of shielding, cleansing or purifying is just a model, something to keep the brain busy while the actual work is done from a deeper state. The Intention and Follow-through are the most important things.

Personally I use Kyanite to deep clean my auric field and body and Selenite and Flower Essences to raise my frequency.
Effective shielding was developed through trial and error from trying and type and noticing how it affected others around me. Over time I nuanced it into something very comfortable for all.
For example - mirror shielding bounces back energy at the person sending it out. This is a very bad thing if the person is projecting a bad mood. They will just totally melt down right in front of you with all their anger bouncing straight back and multiplying on them.
Invisibility shielding will affect your social life and isolate you and people will literally Not Notice you.
Shielding in Roses might attract lots of insects and bee's.
A waterfall gently diffuses incoming energy's in a pleasant way, watering down peoples strong energies.

So think about a mental construct for shielding that accomplishes what you want.
I sort of go with an air filter model - multiple layers filtering various things out and toning them down - like stagnant, chaotic and low frequency energies. I want to be aware of everything but not caught in dramas and polluting energies, - so my filter system knocks down and transmutes those energies while still allowing the base information to come through. I also want to be aware of anything trying to enter my field and an alarm if someone dangerous or a dangerous being comes into the general area outside my field so there are layers to accomplish that.
It's more complex than the basic shields, but my life is serving the public in the arena of Spirituality and Energy, and as we say, 'bright lights attract bugs' so a little more is called for. Trial and error will teach you the most appropriate shielding for your situation.

For working with spirits/mediumship in addition to the above mentioned considerations and practices - you'll want to get to know your Team, those guides and angels that work with you and always have them present when acting as a Medium.

Only allow spirit contact when you are in your most loving state of being - never when in a bad or even bored mood or having not done your regular work of cleaning, purifying and adjusting your frequency upwards - this is an invitation to lower frequency beings - because you now resonate at their level - you are in their neighborhood....... and there's some bad neighborhoods just out of sight.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Katybug, try not to be concerned about what other people think about your spiritual affairs, whether it's family or friends or whoever. Most 'ordinary' people don't believe in spirits, and religious people may think you are evil or worshiping the devil or Lucifer. It's really absurd how everyone has forgotten who they really are. I suspect we are the laughing stock of the galaxy. If anything, just keep it secretive, or better yet - surround yourself with people who have such abilities or interests like you.

It's not a gift, you weren't given a gift, ALL humans have potential psychic powers, we ALL have the psychic anatomy, including the chakras, the subtle bodies, the un-activated star tetrahedron, the dormant merkaba, the many sacred geometries all around our bodes, but most don't remember this ancient wisdom. Psychic powers can be trained if one doesn't possess it already activated. And, you can improve your psychic abilities. One can remain ordinary, or become extraordinary. If you are able to channel naturally, it means you have a spiritual heritage from your past lives. That's why some people are already born with certain abilities activated, because they have past life experience.

There is no need to fear, you are a divine sacred being, you have power over malevolent spirits if you just realize it. Also, you are not just limited to channeling the dead. You can also channel gods and goddesses, saints, angels, demons, fairies, nature spirits, the Arabian djinn, the Vedic devas, the Jewish dybbuks, the Buddhist dakini, the Greek nymphs, there's mermaids, aliens / extraterrestrials, ghosts, there's the*Sanskrit nagas, the Afro-American orishas, the Haitian Vodou lwa or mysteres, there's Elves, dragons, sprites, sylphs, muses, sirens. All have calling cards. In my own experience, I have also channeled different things, such as crystals, flowers, herbs, trees, resins, even candles. The possibilities are only limited to your intent and imagination. In reality, we all channel in one form or another, even if we don't realize it. Spirit is interacting with us on many levels. Everything is consciousness, everything is spirit, it is the nature of reality, so even some ordinary rock has consciousness, even a beer can on the street is alive.

Regarding protection, establish a sacred space in your home and use spiritual tools like real incense resins (not fake chemical sticks from China) such as Frankincense, which has the properties to protect, as well as cleanse. Or, use smudges like Sage, which smells wonderful. Just do your homework, research and you will discover that there are many ways to cleanse and protect. Cleansing and protection is an important aspect to channeling. You can also ask for protection from your angels, spirit guardians, and spirit guides. They love you. They can help you, heal you, protect you, teach you. The most important advice, remember nothing can actually harm you. You are a divine being. Within this realization, you can't have fear. Fear is FOOD for negative spirits. They want it, they thrive off it, so don't give it to them. Be fearless. Also, you attract what you think. Be mindful of the energies you create, as well as the others who live in your house.

Thayvian
Spiritual Magickal on YouTube

Last edited by Thayvian : 11-06-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 25-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Seeker

Thank you :)
Old 25-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Guide

As others have said, all humans have the capacity to be psychic. Most people do not use or even acknowledge this. That is absolutely their right. As such I never try to explain what I do or know with anyone, unless I am sure they are open to such things.

I am here to help where I may, not convince others of anything.

It tends to be a rather solitary pursuit. If you find a close circle of friends you can share the experience with, you are most blessed.

As far as protection, keeping it simple is often best. Visualize white light surrounding you, knowing that this white energy comes from the Universe and will prevent unwanted energies from approaching you.

If any spirit, entity, or energy makes you uncomfortable, ask it to leave. If it does not, summon the energy of ArchAngel Michael to move it along for you.

Generally the worst "negative" energy that may try to affect you is directed by the living people around you. If this happens, be sure your protective white light is strong, and then visualize mirrors all around you, facing away from you. Mirrors are quite effective at reflecting the negativity of the living back at them.

Sending their negativity back to them isn't a bad thing at all, you are merely sending back to the sendor what already belongs to them.