Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 07-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
Dear yoga, Please become easier...

Yoga is an important part of mine and my husbands life. A day that begins with Yoga is often a day well spent and what follows is motivation and self discipline. But the woah of lack of self control is real and the pain its creating in my mind AND body is begining to lessen my faith in myself.

Has any one here struggled with the whole, "i dont wannnnnnaaaaa" thing and if so, how did you over come it....

Some support could really help,
thanks so much.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Ascender
> Has any one here struggled with the whole, "i dont wannnnnnaaaaa" thing
Yes was struggling right now.

> and if so, how did you over come it....
By getting motivated by reading your post. We're in this together. Let's bear the pain together. Focus and center yourself.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Master
Quite often here in the past yes, more so when I felt like I wouldn't get through, couldn't meet the space more readily. It took a great deal of self healing and work to build to being more open in myself and not just through yoga.

I find with yoga for myself, I am mainly dealing with the physical aspects of my body that are more "loose" of other factors. So for me yoga is a natural discipline space where I actually enjoy the challenges of moving deeper into my body, without resistance.

Perhaps working on the pain body in another way might loosen things up for you aside from yoga? So then, entering into the yoga space your not facing a wall of resistance..that might feel insurmountable, but less contained to move more freely.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Master

Yoga should feel good, period! Otherwise you are doing something wrong in your practice, and need to back out of the way you are approaching it. What I think you might be bumping against is your self imposed limited of how much goodness you will allow yourself to feel, and some kinds of yoga will not solve this for you, because they are as rigid as your self imposed limit haha. First principle you might work on is softness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiding Strala
Here’s your softness test. When you move your middle, does the rest of your body—your arms and legs—go easily along for the ride? Or are you working hard to be where you are, so moving your middle has no effect on the rest of you? If it’s the first, you’re ready to move. If it’s the second, take a few deep breaths, put a little easy bend in your joints, and give your hips another wiggle to see where you are now. Always make sure your body is soft and happily movable before you try to move. Moving becomes really easy and really fun this way.
Have you tried Strala yoga?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Ascender
I think exercise can cause pain if it's not being done regularly.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
I think exercise can cause pain if it's not being done regularly.

I attend a few yoga classes with a few different teachers, its interesting to me how I notice the differences in "how to move yourself into and with the move" can be amongst them. I notice the one who is slower and more aware of each person, conscious of their posture, corrects more freely. I really relate to her way. I find it slower, but a more clear and deeper strengthening.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 12-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMagdaQueenofQueens
Some support could really help,
thanks so much.

Doing variants of all-fours for awhile could be a great place to start, taking the time to feel into your whole body, and how the breath moves it.
Old 13-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Yoga should feel good, period! Otherwise you are doing something wrong in your practice, and need to back out of the way you are approaching it. What I think you might be bumping against is your self imposed limited of how much goodness you will allow yourself to feel, and some kinds of yoga will not solve this for you, because they are as rigid as your self imposed limit haha. First principle you might work on is softness:

Have you tried Strala yoga?

Yoga can also feel bad if you aren't consistent, regular and your body is in really a bad place.

I've had a bad back for decades. My yoga practise which I began about 10 years ago, has been irregular and in the last year even more so. And the sore back persisted throughout.

But about two months ago I started being totally consistent on three times per week and with Eccentrics stretching on the days in between and the change has been incredible.

Where it was only in the last five or so minutes of my yoga workout that the eternal kink got worked out and I felt 'good', it has now gotten to where the kink is hardly there right in my warm up and it just gets better from there.

So consistency and regularity is essential, and especially as you get older. It's amazing how quickly a 62 year old can tighten up (and not in a good way!)
Old 13-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Yoga can also feel bad if you aren't consistent, regular and your body is in really a bad place.

Yoga can only feel bad if you are doing it wrong. My practice for personal reasons are quite irregular, yet throughout my last two practices I consistently get better throughout the practice no matter how bad I felt at the start, I get more energized, I feel better and so on... not worn out as I did with my "old" practice. If your body is in a bad place you should start out more gentle, and move from there. Maybe Tai Chi is a better place to start. Maybe doing more all-fours if the (lower) back is sore and so on. It feels bad because we are impatient with where we are, and pushes too hard to get to a place where it feels better, but that never works... it only make the journey to feeling good take longer.
Old 13-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
I'm enjoy reading your convsations I just want to clear one thing up "yoga" is not causing me pain! Its my lack of self disipline which causes pain in my life, and by ain I mean mental and emotional not physical..

please continue writing though..