Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 06-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Master
I completely agree with AlexDF....We are people, and we do what we do and believe what we believe.

A belief is not something that you choose. You can be flexible and go along with a belief system but your truth is specific to you.

I think it is hard to let go of what you were raised to believe but some things don't make sense if you examine your conditioning. Sometimes we don't examine our conditioning and we just believe out of habit and not conviction. It is hard to break a habit.

There is a lot of wisdom in the bible. I read a page once so I know.

Truthfully I never read the bible but bits and pieces. I know there is validity just as there is not. I am not at all knowledgable about the bible because I never read it. I can only claim ignorance but I know it's not my thing.

The word Pharmakeia is a greek word for sorceress and term was used in the bible. Pharmakeia is where we get the word pharmacy from. A pharmacist is a chemist. What the word Pharmakeia refers to is herbal witchcraft, or herbalism. Is that magic? It is more science but people were ignorant back then. An herbalist was an evil sorceress.

This is not a good article but it talks about that relationship in a biblical way. I didn't even read the whole article but it discusses the term and interpretation
http://www.theopenscroll.com/pharmakeia.htm
Old 07-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Master
The only possible answer to the original question about Christianity and Wicca is a firm NO ! Remember that wicca has British Traditional Witchcraft at the core.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:58 AM
Master
Exactly! There is no flexibility on either side.
Old 18-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Knower
You can be whatever you wish, fellow pathfinder. While there are many complexities that I will not discuss, your faith is your faith. While I am Christian by birth, I incorporate many beliefs from eastern and nature based faiths (past lives, energies, etc.). You can hold some of your Wiccan faith, but if you wish to be Christian, some beliefs might have to be edited or even thrown out.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 18-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Master
PeaceChick99 - I must stress that true wicca has a core of Traditional British Witchcraft which is forbidden in christianity. Also, it would be a very odd coven that had christians as members. Anyone claiming to be Christian Wicca is "neither fish nor fowl".
Old 18-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Master

Agreed, Norseman
Old 18-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Experiencer
Don't come for me if you disagree, just my opinion without judgement and aggression.

I don't know why, but I feel like I am a part of every religion. All paths lead to the one true path...But think of everyone in many rooms under one roof.
Everyone is right and wrong at once.

I recently got in an argument about being religious and being spiritual.
You can be both.

Yet the term 'religion' separates the people, IN THIS WAY it is used to enslave and control people in much the same way money does.

I try not to limit myself though, because extreme views won't allow some one to yield to the opinions of others. I decided to tread into other religions and the concepts really are much the same: the path to enlightenment.

But spirituality is expansion and knows no boundaries. Hope this helps :]
Old 20-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift of Spirit
you can be anything you want sister, whatever is your personal truth is your reality.

''Law'' in any doctrine is man made control and abusing the creators will of personal choice unless it is wrapped in metaphor for those to live the ''right'' way, but at the same time creating lessons for all us flesh suits, unless it's improvement for the betterment of you and others, that harms none, is the source's will.

I can't help liking this answer....a lot.
Old 20-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Master

In the purist sense, no. They are polar opposites. Wicca is an earthbound religion. (True) Christianity is fundamentally about escaping the earth plane.

But that being said, if one is wise, one should seek to 'see' what you might call the 'driving force' behind another faith.

There is an affinity, a connection with Mother Earth in the true Wiccan traditions which would benefit everybody in understanding.
We have had, in general, a rather 'lord and master, help yourself' sort of attitude in the past and that's why we're in the environmental mess we're in now.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 21-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Master
Just a passing, final comment. The Pagans [including wiccans] are expanding rapidly in the UK - I have just been to one of the weekend pagan festivals at our local henge [Thornborough, 5500 years-old and STILL used for rituals and ceremonies] while Christianity is in terminal decline. Consider the dates, a faith which goes back at least 5500 years -v- a "recent" foreign import.