Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 27-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Suspended

Can you be Christian and Wicca?

I know the beliefs are conflicting but I wanted to know.
Old 27-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Seeker

you can be anything you want sister, whatever is your personal truth is your reality.

''Law'' in any doctrine is man made control and abusing the creators will of personal choice unless it is wrapped in metaphor for those to live the ''right'' way, but at the same time creating lessons for all us flesh suits, unless it's improvement for the betterment of you and others, that harms none, is the source's will.
Old 29-08-2016, 02:37 AM
Master

Wicca is a specific religion and Christianity is a different specific religion. Wicca is a pagan religion and, of course, Christianity is not.

I think this problem stems from people having trouble leaving Christianity, probably having been brought up with this religion and feeling uncomfortable or guilty about leaving it.

Christianity is a polytheistic religion and Christianity in monotheistic

There are some Witches who practice some form of Christianity, but you have to realize that you don't have to be Wiccan to be a Witch. Witches may or may not be Wiccan.

Are you confused yet?

Yes, some people say you can be anything you want, but mixing pagan deities/gods with the Christian god can be a problem as the Christian god does not allow his followers to worship any other gods. I would advise you to think things over and do some research. There are some groups, of course, who say you can do this but to my way of thinking you dishonour both religions by doing so. And when you mix and match and include a bit of this and a bit of that you often end up with a big lot of nothing.
Old 29-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Christianity is a polytheistic religion and Christianity in monotheistic

Jenny, might wanna re-read that lol
Old 30-08-2016, 03:32 AM
Master

lol, lol, snort

Sorry about that - yeah - glad you caught that one! As you can see - it was in the middle of the night!
Old 30-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Lepus

Hello,

Christianity is monotheistic and Wicca is Polytheistic. In Wicca, you honor both a God and Goddess. In Christianity, the bible is rooted in the belief of a single deity, commonly referred to as God. If you worship God alongside a goddess, then you are breaking the Christian commandment to worship only God, and you are denying his existence as the only God. If you attempt to be a monotheistic Wiccan, you lose the polarity and unity of separate halves that is fundamental to Wicca.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 30-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Newbie ;)

As they are two different religions with conflicting ideals/teachings and they are both very different ideologies, I would say that it would be nearly impossible/very difficult to be both Christian and Wiccan. Wicca is a polytheistic religion that is very much revolved around Gods and Goddesses and the Divine spirit, while Christianity is a monotheistic religion that is very much revolved around the Christian God and Jesus Christ. The Bible teaches that witches (or Wiccans) are wicked and should be killed.
Exodus 22:18 - Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
The Wiccan Rede speaks of love and the three-fold law, and ends with "An Harm Ye None, Do What Ye Will", which conflicts very much with ideals and teachings of the Bible, which is filled with hatred, harm to others, and has strict rules that one must follow to go to Christian heaven. These are the reasons why I think that being and Christian and also Wiccan is nearly impossible/very difficult.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Master
Maybe you can't be Wiccan and Christian at the same time. Why would you want to be confined?

I am not Wiccan but I do practice magic. There is a lot of overlap between Wicca and my personal path. Everybody is entitled to their personal path and can follow their calling however they see fit.

I am no expert but there are a lot of belief systems that incorporate Christianity and magic. I believe Hoodoo is one fine example.

What is your image of God? I see god as a coin with 2 different sides. There is both male and female energy within the one. I don't think it is contradictory to worship God in the way you see fit. Whoever said God was a man. There is church doctrine and there is the bible and there is belief and personal experience. You can really do whatever you want and believe what feels right to you but you cannot call yourself a Wiccan because many Wiccans are intolerant of diversity. I think there might be many different types of Christians. You could be non-demoninational. Personally, I was raised in a Christian society and we celebrated Christmas and Easter and I still do. Does that make me Christian? I always thought I was basically Christian but not in a religious sense, more of a cultural sense.

Why can't you be whatever you want. You can have God and Mother Nature, and that would satisfy the requirements of God and Goddess. You can't be Wiccan but many Wiccan's learn the basics and then branch out and follow their own path. You can be a witch if you want to use that term and there are no limitations. If you practice magic, you want to use sound magical techniques. That takes years to master, but if you are called, you know it.

This forum only has a section for Wicca. It does not have a section for Witchcraft, or for magic. That is somewhat limiting when it comes to discussion.

The bible teaches a lot of things that are not relevent in our society today. What offends me is the sexism. I cannot really support a religion that denigrates my gender, but I support Santa Claus.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:47 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I wonder how can you be anything else than a human being ?

sure the others are just things you do ?
Old 03-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Experiencer

Religious texts were written by humans. Though they may teach some good lessons, humans are just animals and our brains are only so big. Religion is a biased perception of reality.

I'm with those who suggest seeking your own truth. Why must you take the Bible as inarguable truth in order to appreciate the teachings of Jesus? Regardless of if he was the savior of all humanity, God's favorite son, or a great prophet, he was a wise healer who died for his people. Jesus was the original hippie haha.

Why must you identify as a Wiccan to honor the ecosystem and practice well-intentioned magic? And why would Jesus care? Magic and witchcraft meant something different back then. What we call magic today was daily life for our ancient ancestors; prophets saw the future and Jesus raised the dead, which many might consider "witchcraft". Jesus was a wizard.

I always thought the Biblical definition of "witchcraft" might mean "playing God". Splitting atoms, genetic modification, stuff like that. What we call "progress".