Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I experienced the sensation that the universe is not the linear thing we experience through our consciousness.

You know how movies are made out of a lot of pictures moving rapidly? I felt that the universe is like that, and our experience of an egoic self is an illusion created by the quick succession of the pictures. It seems real because it is like a cartoon caricature of the real thing, but it's never real (accurate) because it's changing so rapidly. By the time we get an idea of who we are, who we are has changed into something new. The only way to experience the true self it is to let go of the idea of who we are and to simply experience each new self as if it is the real self. Because at that moment in time it is, but in the next it's not. In the next moment that next self is the true self. As we experience new parts of the universe a new self appears. We experience both infinite variety, and a sense that we are stable and not changing. it's like we have the best of both worlds.

Maybe we experience a trillion pictures in one second. Maybe less. Anyways, it's like there is a new present self in each picture, a unique self. And the self that experiences all these singular selves is an illusion. When we let go of the idea of who is experiencing all these selves we can truly be with the present moment, and I believe that is where the bliss comes from. How can we know something that is constantly changing? We can't know it in our mind, we know it through some other form of intelligence, the intelligence of being maybe. Because it's not in the mind it cannot be conceptualized, only experienced. What if you experienced something that was beyond your mind, that was your deepest self, that was totally unique from one moment to the next, but also felt eternal, immortal, and unchanging? Would you be happy? Would you be entertained and also peaceful? I would.

That is to say that we can experience the singular selves, but only if we let go of the illusory self (the thing with memories) that experiences each of the selves. When we experience something strange our first reaction is to say "that's not me, this is the me that I know". Our discomfort with the novelty pushes us back into our ego, which longs for safety. The more we can detach our awareness from our identity the more we can experience the infinite self and all it's variations.

Which would be more true, the infinite amount of singular selves, or the one self that experiences all other selves?

They say the one needs the many. That they are not separate, God and conscious beings, that one requires the other. But what does that mean... I have no clue.. lol. Are each of our selves equally true? Do we require both to truly know our soul?

it seems like the God conundrum. Is God the only thing that is real? Or is each of Gods creations equally real, despite being manifestations of the real thing? Is each of our singular selves real, or the self that experiences the stream of different selves?

Also I have the sensation that I am infinite. Yet other people are infinite too. The only way I can know that I'm not all of infinity is because there are other beings. The only way to measure my infinity is in relation to others. Each infinity is beyond comprehension but because we are all equal we must all occupy the same amount of "space" within God (the universe). That's saying that the total infinity, the infinity that encompasses all of our singular beings infinities, is God. The truly infinite, the encompassing void that is beyond infinity. That's God. The singular infinities, that's us, conscious beings.

It's like string theory. One string goes across all universes and stretches to infinity. If I look in a certain direction I will only see myself into infinity. If I look in another direction, in fact if i look in any other direction, I will see infinite other selves. each singular being has this ability, the ability to see that their self is infinite, and they are surrounded by infinite beings who also have an infinite being. The universe (or should I say multi-verse) is composed of many strings. We have the illusion of a singular universe, but that is just because we are hanging out on the end of our strings. If we could truly see the depth of our self we would realize that we are not all there is despite being infinite, that there are other beings who are equally infinite. That includes rocks, plants, atoms, animals, other beings, aliens. etc. Every thing is a line in the grand picture. We are singular lines. God is the picture.

Also the sensation we experience, of being a singular line, is unique to life. Death is probably the same (not speaking as if I know death), and to go beyond death is to experience the picture (God). However I assume that's fairly boring, otherwise why would we enjoy a singular existence? If God is so great, why would we want to experience separation from God? For the journey back. An infinite journey. I am everything, I am a single thing. I am everything, I'm a single thing.

The experience of a single line is our ego. Our soul is what travels along the lines and enjoys experiencing the universe. That is why our soul appears to be our ego. If we could see beyond our current life we could see that we have lived before and we will live again (as long as we choose to). That it's only the ego that feels it is a single line, our soul knows it has existed before and will exist again, however to truly enjoy being a single line it must forget this. When we have enjoyed singularity enough to wish for something more then we can accept our immortal existence without fear. Pain is when we know we are not enjoying our singular existence anymore. When we have enough pain we search for the deepest meaning and that is knowledge of our immortal self.

I've also had the sensation that there is more than one of me. This universe is one of many and this self (speaking to you now) is one of many despite the illusion of being the only one.

Each universe is like a path through a forest. An infinite forest of choices. And each self (me) in each universe has taken a unique path. Multiple universes branch out from my present moment, each one separated by a choice I did or didn't make. That is to say that I can create universes through my choices, but there are rules to what I can create. I can't create a universe with magic and put myself there simply because I thought it. I can only create universes that branch out from my own through choices that are possible to make in the present moment. I can't simply wish magic into existence, so I cannot create a universe and step into it (simultaneously creating magic all around me).

Also, I think the word creating is wrong. I wouldn't be creating universes through my choices. I would be navigating through the infinite universes using my choices. To make a new choice doesn't create another universe, each choice is like a step forward, and by consciously choosing things I can choose where I go.
Bashar says something similar with regards to life being like the still frames of a film strip...and each still is a jump onto another parallel universe chosen through a frequency match of our current vibration. It seems everything has already taken place, all is already known but its our vibrational choices that provide a unique experience. In the Seth books he mentions too how all the choices we could have made are also being played out in probable universes which I guess is the same as the idea that everything is already known.

Its mind boggling to be sure but it makes sense then of Laws of Attraction and the need to be aware of the thoughts we attract and what we are feeling...this is the choice, if thoughts can alter our feeling state and we don't like what we are feeling its time to free ourselves by choosing to think differently to change our frequency and move to new movie stills of our pleasing.

When you say you feel there is more than the one of you this is another point Seth mentions...there is of course many past lives and future lives that go on simultaneously where our soul has its focus of attention...time isn't linear so its possible that what we choose in this present life can also change our past as well as the future. This was a strange concept to me at first, I wondered how on earth we could possibly change our past and know about it? I discovered though it is quite possible...simply that a discovery is made that changes what we first believed to be true.

I don't find this way of thinking too much of a stretch though, I think at some level I was ready to take this information on board which wouldn't have been the case a decade ago. So much has changed and so quickly, I even find that new generations coming in that seem to take to all of this quite naturally...what I'm wondering is, is that because I am making choices for a different reality? Is this my own universe where I get to choose what others experience too according to my own beliefs of what reality should look like? Or is it a case of like attracting like perhaps and we are co-creating.

My own experience is only of an OBE where I felt to be in two places at one time but my awareness had moved to that of a higher perspective for a moment that was absent of time and space... that was an eye opener for me but it was the sense of emptiness of mind and feeling that keeps me curious, there was intelligent observation yes but no opinion ...anyhow, just thought I'd mention what I've heard and read, by those who I trust and am influenced by.