Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 08-08-2017, 02:37 AM
Lepus

Exclamation Heatwave Lucifer

Hello,

Just found out Europe and other countries outside of Europe is undergoing a scorching heatwave reaching 122 degrees Fahrenheit (50 degrees Celsius) which will last for another week. Can someone confirm this true? The heatwave is mostly down in southern parts of EU affecting 10 countries including some parts of Asia and Middle East.

Lepus
Old 09-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Ascender
Not here in the Midlands. There's been lots of heavy drizzle, days and days of it. Keeping it nice and cool. Its very warm today and there's been light showers.

Britain is very green and can get lots and lots of rain.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Lepus

Hello,

I wasn't sure whether this was fake news or not. Someone claimed scientists tampered with the thermometer to sell them the global warming effects calling it a bluff.

I really enjoy the cold weather. The weather must feel like spring in Britain.

Lepus
Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Sunshine On My Shoulder Makes Me Cooler, Sunshine In My Eye Can Make Me Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello,I wasn't sure whether this was fake news or not. Someone claimed scientists tampered with the thermometer to sell them the global warming effects calling it a bluff.Lepus

Maybe it was just an 'alternative fact'.

Here is another possible 'alternative fact' our sun Sol, is getting hotter every day.

https://www.yaleclimateconnections.o...s-not-the-sun/

..."Because the energy Earth receives from the Sun hasn’t changed much at all over the past few decades. In fact, since about 1960 this energy has been on a slight downward trend, while Earth keeps getting warmer."...

https://www.wunderground.com/climate...t_to_blame.asp

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 12-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Yes there is a heat wave n drought in parts of Europe, I've friends in France and Spain who are haveing crazy heat and drought issues they never normally have. Our weather here has been crazy also it go's from blistering hot to thick cloud and 89% humidity, then cold and back to hot again. So its far from a normal summer for here. Thiis country is known for being wet yet I've neighbour and friends here who have had their private water supplys and springs run dry. That's pretty much not heard of over here, were getting rain fall but its not staying around long enough to make a difference to the water table. Thankfully both the spring and the well here are still full of water.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 12-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
Yes I think this heat-wave is mostly on the European continent. I feel sorry for many people there. It is deadly for many....and the animals.

In Britain it was a different story. I guess about the time the heatwave started further south, our weather became much cooler. We got rain, and we hadn't had a lot this year. (where I live anyway) When the sun came out it was very warm but most of the time cool. To be honest it was a refreshing change. But many apple trees are not doing well. I think it is because the rain came a bit too late. We should have got this more in April.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Guide
Yup in northwest US (slightly more than a usual summer) forestfires are raging like crazy. Weather says it should have been clear sunny day, but theres so much smoke it looks like a thick overcast of clouds
Old 07-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Cat Life Comes With No Gurrantees Except Change and Death

Religion is for people afraid of hell..
Spirituality is for people who have lived through hell.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That assessment of yours leaves one thinking twice. If not three, four or more times per minute

We have 7 billion people on Earth who have but one key question to answer, in regards to climate, do we feel lucky? Well do we? If so, for how long?

https://www.skepticalscience.com/ext...al-warming.htm

..."Whenever there is an extreme weather event, such as a flood or drought, people ask whether that event was caused by global warming. Unfortunately, there is no straightforward answer to this question. Weather is highly variable and extreme weather events have always happened. Detecting trends takes time, particularly when observational records are rare or even missing in certain regions.

...An increase in extreme weather is expected with global warming because rising temperatures affect weather parameters in several ways. Changes in the frequency of extreme events coinciding with global warming have already been observed, and there is increasing evidence that some of these changes are caused by the impacts of human activities on the climate.
How global warming affects weather parameters

Rising temperatures can have several effects on the factors involved in weather. For example:
  • They increase the rate of evapotranspiration, which is the total evaporation of water from soil, plants and water bodies. This can have a direct effect on the fequency and intensity of droughts.
  • A warmer atmosphere can hold more water vapour. The atmosphere now holds 4% more water vapour than it did 40 years ago as a result of increasing temperatures. This increases the risk of extreme rainfall events.
  • Changes in sea-surface temperatures (SSTs) also have an effect by bringing about associated changes in atmospheric circulation and precipitation. This has been implicated in some droughts, particularly in the tropics.
These changes don't automatically generate extreme weather events but they change the odds that such events will take place. It is equivalent to the loading of dice, leading to one side being heavier, so that a certain outcome becomes more likely. In the context of global warming, this means that rising temperatures increase the odds of extreme events occurring."....

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman