Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 12-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Knower

Wicca and Individuation

I've been seeing a lot of talk about the Ego over on the spiritual development threads and it got me thinking. A lot of modern spiritualists tend to talk about the ego/the self as if these are things to be destroyed or cast aside in order to attain higher awareness. But in Wicca, I've learned that there is a great deal of emphasis on one's personal practice and responsibilities, and making sure to stay grounded in the ego world.

Thoughts?
Old 06-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

In my own perception, most people do not seem to understand what the Ego actually is, and different people perhaps ironically have their own definitions and concepts to which they assign the word, yet typically without declaring as much, which makes most discussions on the topic only a small step up from word salad, and mostly a matter of everyone involved heavily nurturing their own Ego while simultaneously professing how much they are either not doing that or not wanting to do that. Personally I find the Ego to be amazing, fascinating and quite precious. When I see people claiming that they are trying to destroy their own Ego, deep down I simply am glad that they are definitely not doing so.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Master
Color

With out the ego one would not be able to survive on this earth plane.

But I think contact with ones higher self / spirit guides at least once a day is important for ones spiritual development.
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 06-08-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 31-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Master
yes iv herd of it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔