Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Of course, if you put fire and water together, the water will consume the fire.

Seeming truisms are not always true. For example if I have a lot of fire and relatively little water, the fire will boil off the water and continue past it.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:59 AM
Experiencer

Kioma,

I fully agree that there should be a balance (as you said, balance meaning whatever degree is appropriate) between listening to guidance and personal reflection. And ironically, personal reflection should ideally be just as much an activity of or expression of one's divine nature as listening.

I'm gonna attempt to integrate those two more deliberately and consciously from now on, so thanks for sharing the idea.

FallingLeaves,

Good point. Water won't always arrest fire. Yet (and this applies to the analogy of lack of love and conflict) no amount of fire can put out another fire, EXCEPT by using fire to destroy the fuel (such as trees in the case of a forest fire) for another one.
Old 18-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
To me, each perspective, physicality and spirituality, is like an eye in an individual looking at the universe. They are two eyes, and IMO, both must be open to discern 'reality', to see what is true. Observing this, I reason that it must have been God's intention - or at least that's all I can wrap my little head around.
Nicely said.

And this infinity of perspectives occurs why? God / we are getting to know ourself(ves), meaning each and all. We are coming to more fully know and realise and manifest our true nature, which is authentic love.

And how and for what purpose? Via authentic love...by means of both lovingkindness and equanimity. And for the purpose of manifesting authentic love...for the purpose of giving and receiving authentic love in our day-to-day world.

Manifesting authentic love in being and doing. Bringing it forth out of our hearts and minds into this material, unrealised realm. That is the why, the how, and the for what purpose.

Quote:
I struggled with this too, but eventually reasoned that the reason God created me (whatever God is), or creates anyone or anything, is to exist. Why would God create anything S/He did not wish to exist? The reason for existence, again without stretching too far, is to be - to express one's 'beingness' in the way innate to one's creation. Why else would something exist, than to be what it is? For a rock it's 'beingness' will be fairly simple, for people 'beingness' will of course be far more complex and variable, and perhaps even much more than just the sum of it's parts - perhaps even to eventually transcend what it is into something else entirely, but that's getting completely off topic.

Creation exists in its unrealised state to allow for growth and learning. That means confronting unrealised and heavily imbalanced and degraded realities and circumstances for the purposes of engaging and doing and being authentic love. For doing and being lovingkindness and equanimity. For manifestation.

It is what it is, and we are what we are. Yet we are not done and thus we are not ever intended to rest on our current state of being. We are intended to engage and flow and change and grow with and by means of awareness, conscious choice, and authentic love in being and doing. It's all good in this place of ever more fully realising our truth (which is also our potential or our capacity) in manifest being and doing.

Quote:
Anyway, once something exists in the universe of course it is subject to the rules of the game. Virtually anything can happen, because it is a shared universe, designed to look like it is self-supporting, and the name of the game is change. But despite that, I further reason that as long as something exists it's prerogative is to fulfill it's greatest potential, that potential innate in it's creation by God, and this for me defines what 'good' is, fulfilling our potential being the greater satisfaction (making us 'happy'), the greater good being that which fulfills the greatest potential. This 'expression' of our beingness is the purpose of life, IMO, and people can make whatever they want of it.

Because of this, I feel we all have an innate right to be happy. You and I have just as much right - no more, and no less - to be just as happy as anyone else. For these reasons, I feel we should be able to do whatever we want, as long as it doesn't take that right from anybody else, because that would in turn diminish the overall potential, the 'expression' of beingness and whatever we as individuals bring to it, that is fulfillable in the world.

That's how I look at it.

Sorry about the long winded reply, but it does get a little complicated.

This is a key concept and deserves a much deeper reflection than many may care to give.

The reality is that we cannot fully seek our own happiness (when it comes at or is predicated upon) the expense of others. And we cannot fully attain our own happiness whilst others' right or opportunity to pursue happiness is obstructed or abrogated or denied.

It's not my happiness first and then I'll see about yours. We like to think we can each maximise our own happiness or the happiness of those we care about whilst leaving the rest to others. Who may have little to none of our rights or privileges. That's why life and liberty are mentioned ahead of the right to pursue happiness...because happiness (or the ananda of our being) is contingent upon parity and equity and manifesting the equal rights and equal value of an equally worthy humankind.

It we want to seek our own happiness, we need to equally seek the happiness of others. Certainly, we need to equally seek their right and opportunity to pursue their own happiness equally to all others. Their happiness, just like our own happiness, is also contingent upon parity and equity and manifesting the equal rights and equal value of an equally worthy humankind.

That situation can never occur until (IMO) we recognise and experience the pain and harm of others as if they were our own. And not by choice but simply by means of evolution and growth in our consciousness. Total transparency of consciousness and core emotions and perspectives. With rising levels of consciousness and expanded awareness and entrainment, we as a species are on the cusp.

This is where equanimity and great strength and expansion in lovingkindness will be key, simply in order to deal with the realisation that our "old ideals" of exclusive, isolated, self-oriented happiness were naïve at best. And of how painfully obstructive, limiting, and harmful toward others they were in their apathy and lack of awareness.

We are on the cusp of a new consciousness, a new humanity. Where the happiness of any one of us will consciously rest on the 1) opportunity to realise happiness for all, and increasingly also on 2) the actual realisation of happiness by all.

Where love is lacking, we will increasingly seek it out and request it with innocence and pure intention. We will equally seek out those who need it, to give it platonically and without judgment or labels, in an authentic agape love. Seeking the highest good of all equally to the self, and the self equally to all.

This is how we found the next chapter of our humanity. In authentic love. Within the circle of belonging, in which there is no touch but the platonic touch of purest love and caring. From there, we can begin to entirely re-write all human relationships, including even the basest ones. Even our coarsest and most degraded relationships, within which authentic love has never yet been known.

I can see it on the horizon -- and in fact, it's already in the becoming Can you?

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke