Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 12-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Guide
I suddenly heard my name while sleeping

I don't know if it is the right thread to post.

I had an interesting experience last night while sleeping. I don't remember if I was dreaming of something or not but in the middle of the night about 3 pm or so I heard in my mind a voice calling me "Tiss".

It was sudden like a whip, it was echoed, and loud enough to make me wake up for a while.

Could it be a kind of communication with my guide? could it be a first step of communication?

Every night before sleeping I request in my prayers to have some kind of communication with my guide while dreaming.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 PM
AngelBreeze

Dream Communication

Greetings, Tiss,

Since you have prayed for communication, there can be little doubt that your prayers were answered and you were hearing from someone in spirit!

I too have had a similar experience that I have discussed here. As I was asleep and just before waking, I heard the name of a friend very plainly spoken to me. I was then currently involved in a project where I needed some help and hearing the name made me call and it all worked out for the best as he was able to help! I had also been praying for an answer and it was revealed to me, by God, in this way! So, yes, I believe that our angels and guardians are looking out for our best interests and can give us this information during our dream state.

But one must also remember that God speaks to us in dreams! It is Biblical. And He has given His angels charge over us as Psalm 91:11 (KJV) tells us. So, there you are.

If you are currently undergoing some difficulty in your life or have been thinking about a serious matter, your angels are no doubt letting you know not to worry and that they are right there with you!

May you have a wonderfully Blessed day!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Guide
I get it all the time. Only a few times have I actually had a small conversation with the voice, and it is just like that- a sudden, loud voice that wakes you up. But it could be your mental voice reflecting back at you, you know, the one you think your thoughts with.

Don't immediately jump to thinking it was communication because if it was not, you are just talking to yourself. I only know this because I have been in that situation before. The line is very fine between reality and our thoughts.

I want to add that I'm still not 100% sure about communication as it's something I have experience with but I'm not totally conclusive about it.
Quote:
It is Biblical

No, it is not. I don't see how you could come to this conclusion based on what the OP has said.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Master
Personally, I wouldn't dwell on it too much. I'd simply acknowledge the fact that you heard your name being called. Simply say a thank you and move on. Continue asking for communication. Like Verunia said: don't jump to conclusions. I know it's tempting since we want to hear from our guides (I'm still waiting to communicate with mine, too), but in my opinion, there are greater signs to be had from them, and you'll receive them in due time.

So just let them know of your intent to communicate - perhaps ask them to show you the best way to do so.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
AngelBreeze

God Speaks To Us In Our Dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
I get it all the time. Only a few times have I actually had a small conversation with the voice, and it is just like that- a sudden, loud voice that wakes you up. But it could be your mental voice reflecting back at you, you know, the one you think your thoughts with.

Don't immediately jump to thinking it was communication because if it was not, you are just talking to yourself. I only know this because I have been in that situation before. The line is very fine between reality and our thoughts.

I want to add that I'm still not 100% sure about communication as it's something I have experience with but I'm not totally conclusive about it.

No, it is not. I don't see how you could come to this conclusion based on what the OP has said.

Hello, Verunia,

As to your last statement, uh, excuse me but it IS! God very much speaks to us in our dreams so that possibility of His communication certainly exists here.

"In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men: and sealeth their instruction," -- JOB 33:15-16 (KJV)

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze

"In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men: and sealeth their instruction," -- JOB 33:15-16 (KJV)

Have a wonderful day!

I see. I misinterpreted your statement as only being biblical, sorry about that. In terms of bible-ology you are correct but I don't agree with it as purely being biblical.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 PM
casper

I've had this experience too twice in the last month. A couple of months ago i did ask to connect with my spirit guide....had weird experiences, freaked out and tried to make it stop til it actually did stop but it wasn't hearing my name thing.

The hearing my name was twice after that incident. I don't know if it was because i was falling asleep at the time so it could've been my mind doing random things but once i heard my full name being said by a males voice. Let's Just say my name is Ciara King. It was "Ciara King" loud as a bell in my ear.
The second time was the night before last. Again, "Ciara King" was said really loudly into my left ear (the ear that wasn't lying on the pillow) but this time it was by a little girl calling me.

I know it does freak me out sometimes but i just blame my mind playing tricks on me as I fall asleep. :)
Old 12-02-2011, 06:44 PM
tragblack

I had this happen when I was young... But it sounded like an evil voice, so loud! It said, "Stop it, Amelia!!"

I was in the middle of a nice dream, but when I heard the voice, it changed to black, clouds came, and I jerked awake...
Old 12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
StoneAgeQueen

First of all, I don't believe in the Bible or the Christian god, and I have heard my name being said before. I think it was my guide or someone else from the other side. My father has heard his dead father say his name before, but it was when he was awake. How fantastic that someone has decided to communicate with you like this. We do have to be careful of our imaginations though, as Verunia said.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiss
I don't know if it is the right thread to post.

I had an interesting experience last night while sleeping. I don't remember if I was dreaming of something or not but in the middle of the night about 3 pm or so I heard in my mind a voice calling me "Tiss".

It was sudden like a whip, it was echoed, and loud enough to make me wake up for a while.

Could it be a kind of communication with my guide? could it be a first step of communication?

Every night before sleeping I request in my prayers to have some kind of communication with my guide while dreaming.

It could possibly be from a Guide/family member/friend It's good to know your request was answered.