Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 17-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Master
How important do you think Art is?

Is Art really important or not so much? I get the feeling that Art scares some types of people a great deal. They just don't seem to 'get it' and so it kind of unsettles them. When a country or civilisation starts to crumble and fall it is often Art which suffers first. It starts to be censored and discouraged and manipulated.

Why do some people like powerful leaders fear Art and artists?

Personally I think Art is very important. How do you feel about it?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Master
Art has the capability of cutting through artifice and artificial constructs.
Imposed orderliness can feel threatened (i assume) through free expression.
Some "art" can be truly disgusting (in my experience), like a cacophony of
discordant tones amounting to a "clinking clanking clattering collection of caliginous junk".

i like art.
Old 17-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Knower

Art, creative expression, invention and such imo is very very important. It turns out a lot of things Horace. Coarse things often but fine art is the most delightful.

I am don't get to travel, am working a lot so art that just so happens to be where I am really attracts my eye and ears. Paintings on walls at the lovely homes, and hospitals, in stores ect. and sculptures, and buildings and bridges just really are interesting and enjoyable. Dance and movement. Music. Speaking, films.

These things indicate freedom to enjoy depth of mind and emotion. I one heard a man use the word "power" in connection with art. I wondered what he meant by it at the time but I think that this might be true since advertisers use it so much to hook us to a product or service.

Do you create any artwork? Invent? What's your medium? How does it make your life better?
Old 17-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Knower
I feel that creativity is akin to divinity, because when we create we recognize our own God-like nature. We are more in tune with Spirit through art. Art is an expression of soul. Beauty, be it in nature or something man made is like God winking at us; daring us to remember who we are.

Old 17-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Experiencer

Ahh now then.. and further... indeed.... Consider this . If a thing be Aesthetically pleasing to ones senses.... As Art in most of it's forms is..

Does it have a place and a purpose and a Use.... By the By ... them thar "Adult" Colouring Books have gone right mad just recent.... Imagine that ... Mindfulness through Art.... Who'd have thought it eh ?
Old 17-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol
I feel that creativity is akin to divinity, because when we create we recognize our own God-like nature. We are more in tune with Spirit through art. Art is an expression of soul...

Very well said and couldn't agree with you more...

Old 17-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Color Our art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Art really important or not so much? I get the feeling that Art scares some types of people a great deal. They just don't seem to 'get it' and so it kind of unsettles them. When a country or civilisation starts to crumble and fall it is often Art which suffers first. It starts to be censored and discouraged and manipulated. Why do some people like powerful leaders fear Art and artists? Personally I think Art is very important. How do you feel about it?
My wife is a visual artist: abstract and realistic while I am in jazz music. We have noticed that abstract art and modern jazz upsets most folks because normal pretty art and pretty music is SIMPLER and less stressful to their mind! They feel hurt and put down when they can't figure out something that is abstract! What's funny is that abstract art/music does not need to be figured out. It can be whatever a person sees in it or wants it to be. But that might require effort, imagination and involvement with the piece and most folks just can't be bothered!
Old 19-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
My wife is a visual artist: abstract and realistic while I am in jazz music. We have noticed that abstract art and modern jazz upsets most folks because normal pretty art and pretty music is SIMPLER and less stressful to their mind! They feel hurt and put down when they can't figure out something that is abstract! What's funny is that abstract art/music does not need to be figured out. It can be whatever a person sees in it or wants it to be. But that might require effort, imagination and involvement with the piece and most folks just can't be bothered!

Agreed. I love abstract art, but I can't get on with modern jazz.
Old 19-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Art is a very important part of my emotional well-being.

I consider multiple disciplines—visual arts, music, performing arts, various disciplines of design—to be art, and I have been a creator, a fundraiser, an expert, and a layperson of different kinds of art.

When a work is beautifully made and moves something inside you, it can impact your entire life. I have remembered specific scenes from movies; massive paintings that stopped me in my tracks; the most delicate movement of a ballerina's hand.

When I create something that I am truly proud of, it sticks with me. I can recall the emotions I felt when I was making it; the moment when things clicked and the piece felt complete; the sense of accomplishment when people felt moved or impressed by my work.

Enjoying art when you are fully present and appreciative is an emotional high, and I encourage everyone to at least try to pursue or appreciate one art form of their choice. When you get that moment, even if it only happens rarely, it's all worth it.
Old 20-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Suspended
Knower
Art is important to me

Last edited by Light the Human : 20-04-2016 at 09:38 PM.