Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Master
MIss H: I didn't have the heart to tell anyone here either and burst their bubble that they aren't gonna be a doggie next life ---just doesn't work that way.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Miss H. I know people who were a person then an animal or a tree or even a stone, and then a person again. My mother knew she was a mermaid somewhere along the line, speaking of bubbles.

Not to burst your own bubble... but how about being a dolphin next time?

Xan

Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
MIss H: I didn't have the heart to tell anyone here either and burst their bubble that they aren't gonna be a doggie next life ---just doesn't work that way.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Miss H. I know people who were a person then an animal or a tree or even a stone, and then a person again. My mother knew she was a mermaid somewhere along the line, speaking of bubbles.

Not to burst your own bubble... but how about being a dolphin next time?

Xan
Yeah, I'm just trusting the logic of what I've read for years from many sources - but they could be all wrong.
I read that putting a human soul into a doggy body would be like putting something really big into a teeny breadbox ---just doesn't happen that way.
So, I really don't know.
Luckily it's not a concern or big interest of mine - whatever goes on is ok with me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Master
Im with mrs H here, the soul is in a constant state of evolution...back to god, not the atman, that is seprate (it already is god). Animals have group souls which they return to after life but even these souls are evolving and eventually group animal souls combine with others to form a higher level of anmial or, eventually a human.
Contrary to what many believe it is only a human soul that has chakras, and it is chakras that provide the final release mechanism from the material cycle. Once you have attained a human soul you dont go back.

well thats my sixpenneth worth anyhow.. as i always say, one day we willall know the truth, and then we wont care anyway lol
Old 11-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Im with mrs H here, the soul is in a constant state of evolution...back to god, not the atman, that is seprate (it already is god). Animals have group souls which they return to after life but even these souls are evolving and eventually group animal souls combine with others to form a higher level of anmial or, eventually a human.
Contrary to what many believe it is only a human soul that has chakras, and it is chakras that provide the final release mechanism from the material cycle. Once you have attained a human soul you dont go back.

well thats my sixpenneth worth anyhow.. as i always say, one day we willall know the truth, and then we wont care anyway lol
I don't know, naturally, but I "resonate" with that-- we don't "go back" as in an animal body, yes --that is said better - always progressing forward back Home or to the Goal.

But, what really do I know --- I think an ex of mine might actually be backsliding and could easily fit into a chimp's body next time around.
Though I'd like to see him encased in a breadbox for awhile.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-12-2010, 07:02 PM
LightFilledHeart

we don't "go back" as in an animal body, always progressing forward back Home or to the Goal.

When we advance on the path back to God and to a conscious recognition of our reality as an individualized aspect of that, we are not "going backward" if we take incarnation as an animal (and by that I mean non-human, for humans ARE animals, you know... we certainly are not plants or protists! ), but rather forward, for animals are closer to God and more highly evolved spiritually than are human beings with all our arrogance, entrapped in our vast egoic thinking. This may not be your truth, but it is most certainly mine

I think an ex of mine might actually be backsliding and could easily fit into a chimp's body next time around.

I recognize the humor in your statement, but in all seriousness I submit to you that coming back as a chimpanze would be indicative of his having advanced to a higher awareness and also a more intrinsic and unquestioned connection to the God-force.

Though I'd like to see him encased in a breadbox for awhile.

Hehehe.... Karma will out!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Master
Miss Hepburn: Yeah, I'm just trusting the logic of what I've read for years from many sources - but they could be all wrong.

I've heard this from Hindu beliefs about progressive incarnations from insects to the ultimate, which many consider human life. I don't.

I read that putting a human soul into a doggy body would be like putting something really big into a teeny breadbox ---just doesn't happen that way.

Well if the soul was a limited form put into the physical body that might be logical, but the soul as pure consciousness actually contains the body-mind, being vast and expansive.

Reincarnation isn't such a significant issue, but experiential knowing of our true nature as soul is.

Xan

Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Master
peteyzen: Im with mrs H here, the soul is in a constant state of evolution...back to god, not the atman, that is seprate (it already is god).

You are right, petey, that we don't "go back" as that would be impossible. However we may choose to evolve and serve the truth through a variety of human and non-human forms, once the whole idea of hierarchy is let go.

as i always say, one day we will all know the truth, and then we wont care anyway lol

True enough. These discussions are for this very limited world... possibly to open mind and heart to more......

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 12-12-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm going to have to drop out of this topic since I know so little.
But, LFH - you would be correct - about my ex advancing if he were a chimp!!!

(Esp since I saw him for the first time in a year 3 days ago ---he may come back as that breadbox after all... poor, angry,
pot smoking atheist that he is ---but damn he's handsome.)

Old 13-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Knower
I can't speak for anyone else here, but I once too thought we reincarnated into human bodies ONLY. My personal experience taught me otherwise. I had a dog that is no longer with me. She passed over a few years ago and I was with her at the time and I shall never forget the experience.

I had another dog prior to this one and the experience was different. I always felt the 2nd dog was 'human'. It was a comment also made to me frequently by others in the family as well as outsiders, including the vet! Not long after she passed, a highly intuitive person told me they felt this was a RARE CASE of a soul who had chosen to incarnate as my dog in this life, with no prompting from me. That was confirmation for me.
Old 16-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Gauss

I can recommend the book Zhuan Falun, it explains things in a way others can not. The inherent characteristics of the universe is Truth-Benevolence-Forbearance. Are you in line with those words in your actions you have a good future and will not generate much karma.

If you are against it you will suffer in afterlife, ie going to hell to pay off your debts.