Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimser
I know in my most recent past life I gave up everything to paint.

Hi pimser and welcome to SF

Thank you for sharing your experience - I enjoyed it. Your story interested me mainly because I finished reading a book on reincarnation yesterday. The one experience that stood out was about a policeman who reluctantly agreed to be regressed (he was a skeptic) but a colleague challenged him (in a fun way) to have a go.

During the regression he knew he'd been an artist in a previous life and saw one of his paintings. The odd thing is that it was of a hunchbacked woman. When the regression was over he wondered why anyone with a physical deformity would want to be painted.

To cut a very long story short, he eventually found that very same painting in a back street gallery while on holiday in New Orleans over a year later. He just stood and stared at it. For a very long time.

The gallery owner told him who painted it (not a well-known artist) and that it had never been published in any books, in fact it had been stuck in a family member's attic for the last 75 or so years. (Meaning the policeman couldn't have ever seen it before in his current life.) The gallery owner had only happened to chance upon it recently and hung it in the hope of a sale. Synchronicity?

Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this story with you is to ask if you have seen any of the paintings/portraits you did in your previous life. By this, I mean in your visions/dreams/meditation/mind's eye? And if so, are you looking for them in this life? Wouldn't that be amazing?!

I sometimes dream about art (I paint as a hobby) and wonder if I'm getting inspiration from other 'realities'.

Squiggle
Old 16-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit

Thank you for sharing your experience - I enjoyed it. Your story interested me mainly because I finished reading a book on reincarnation yesterday. The one experience that stood out was about a policeman who reluctantly agreed to be regressed (he was a skeptic) but a colleague challenged him (in a fun way) to have a go.

During the regression he knew he'd been an artist in a previous life and saw one of his paintings. The odd thing is that it was of a hunchbacked woman. When the regression was over he wondered why anyone with a physical deformity would want to be painted.

To cut a very long story short, he eventually found that very same painting in a back street gallery while on holiday in New Orleans over a year later. He just stood and stared at it. For a very long time.

The gallery owner told him who painted it (not a well-known artist) and that it had never been published in any books, in fact it had been stuck in a family member's attic for the last 75 or so years. (Meaning the policeman couldn't have ever seen it before in his current life.) The gallery owner had only happened to chance upon it recently and hung it in the hope of a sale. Synchronicity?

Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this story with you is to ask if you have seen any of the paintings/portraits you did in your previous life. By this, I mean in your visions/dreams/meditation/mind's eye? And if so, are you looking for them in this life? Wouldn't that be amazing?!

I sometimes dream about art (I paint as a hobby) and wonder if I'm getting inspiration from other 'realities'.

Squiggle
of course you are~! im one of those too, i started drawing and painting from the age of 2, it was like i remembered how to do it...then in high school i suddenly developed the interest in music and the guitar, so i taught myself to play, and it was the same, it was like i already knew how to, but had to remember that fact...
Old 16-11-2010, 11:59 PM
pimser

What do you want to be in your next life? King, poet, farmer…if you have a choice

Squiggle__________________
Hi Squiggle, thanks for the friendly welcome! I, too, have heard about that policeman. Very cool. In fact, I believe that he had randomly picked 28 different things about his past life, not believing any of it...and ended up proving that 27 of the 28 were actually true. That is, if we are talking about the same person.

Anyway, I have a "sort of" knowledge but not the details of my paintings It is very frustrating, as I remember tons of details and actual people, situations, conversations, but can't remember the paintings in detail. I do know I did portraits but that I loved to paint other things. I know that I was ahead of the people painting in the 1880's and 1890's and was in Montemarte. I believe that I had conversations with a member of the Les Nabis, and he told me I needed to pull back, that I was going too far. I told him he needed to push further. I believe I was doing abstract before others and most people thought it ****. But what is the strangest is I feel the paintings in my gut and in my brain. I know I was trying to paint the "energy" of things. Not the shape of, say, an apple, nor even just the color, but the life energy...and there was not a way to capture that electric energy that gives life or existence to items. Perhaps I was remembering the energy we are between lives and trying to paint that. Perhaps I was mad. Perhaps the opium, hash and absinthe had me too messed up. But, I KNOW the paintings were very, very good...just different from anything people had seen and not good enough for me because there is not a paint that exists that can capture the essense of that lifeforce. I even ate paint, thinking that perhaps I could then do it right. I am working on healing that past life and trying to merge that energy with me today. I believe we always keep some energy behind when we come here, but I think my "Gastien" energy (that was my name then) all stayed behind, ashamed of things he had done, hurt, sick, poisoned and needing to regenerate. I am trying to help him heal and know that I am not ashamed of him and that I underantd every decision he made and that we need to merge because we are the same and I am incompelte without him. Perhaps part of him can stay behind, because like I said I think we keep some there and I understand if maybe some male energy or something needs to stay back. But, man, I want his talent in me, his vision in me. To see what he saw would truly be something. Even if I can't paint it, I would like to see it.
Old 17-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Master
A wealthy person but who uses their wealth to help people, and animals in a variety of ways. A life where I won't have to worry about money and focus on spirituality. A helpful life where I would spend most of my money helping others and live very very modestly but comfortably.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimser
That is, if we are talking about the same person.

Yes, that's the one.

Fascinating the amount of information you've brought with you in this current life. I really enjoyed reading about it, and the passion for painting definitely shines through your post!

I would love to have seen some of your work as Gastien - I'm fond of abstract. In fact, your post has inspired me to get my paintbrushes out today.
So thank you.

Squiggle
Old 17-11-2010, 05:48 PM
pimser

What do you want to be in your next life? King, poet, farmer…if you have a choice

Perhaps you did see them. Were you in Montemartre between 1875ish to 1898? If so, you may have! Seriously, though, I sure wish I could see them in detail. Maybe it will come. Funny how even small details of conversations then and mundane everyday things I did come through at different times...but the paintings stay generalized with no details, except there was extreme color. Hopefully, they will come to me when my Gastien energy feels it has been heard and healed.

I am so glad that you are getting out your brushes and paints! I hope you have a wonderful time with them. Would love to see your work sometime if you are inclinded to share it.

Pimser
Old 21-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Suspended
Hi pimser

I have a gallery in the art section here. When the website crashed a while ago, the gallery was razed to the ground. I've started it again. I also have my own website which you can find in my profile. Sadly, I haven't updated my website for a while and because of the crash, some of my best work is neither here nor there.

However, go to the website to get a real feel for what I am/do.

http://www.bbcardshome.co.uk

Enjoy.
Old 21-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Master
What do I want to be in my next life?

Well I feel like I could do with a break from drama, heartbreak, slogging along, and the general **** that comes along with a life. So if I have to, I think I'd like to be a leaf or a flower - some time to breathe.

Old 21-11-2010, 05:44 PM
abikisses

If I have to I would come back as a dolphin or an orca whale, just to enjoy simplicity and bliss imo... unless of course that would mean 'going back' in development, unless that's an ego myth!

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 21-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by abikisses
If I have to I would come back as a dolphin or an orca whale, just to enjoy simplicity and bliss imo... unless of course that would mean 'going back' in development, unless that's an ego myth!

Blessings
Abikisses
There is no going back in development, I know the Hindus believe coming back as a man is the greatest gift of all and which why they try to lead great lives to everyone around them.

Coming back as an animal is a great thing to try out, if you look at some animals, they have spirits of humans who wanted to try out the experience. This even means the very annoying sea gulls on my last base.