Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
dreamer

Hi Peteyzen,

it sounds to me like you are already there. Look around you, this is it, you are it already. It took me to hear this a thousand times or more before i understood what it meant, it's so simple it seems too easy but it's true. As Bob23 who's words are full of wisdom once said to me welcome to the oneness, although maybe a better way to put it would be welcome to realising the oneness for it doesn't really change only the perception of it does - this is it.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Glorymist

If I may be so BOLD as to ask - - HeH - -

So many people talk of the ego - - and stomping the little sucker into oblivion.

Just what IS - - ego ??

What IS this facet of Self that everyone wishes to annihilate ??

Not some vague concept of it. What is it exactly ?? And what purpose does it serve / not serve ??

Recognition of - - and dealing with - - one's own personal ego can lead one on into their own personal "diamond age."

(So yes - - I do recognize that the little critter needs to be restrained a bit.)

HeH

Anyone want to give this one a shot ??
Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Master
Hey glory, good question, I`ll give it a shot.
We are spirit, and most of us believe that we reincarnate, this same spirit moving from body to new body, sometime male, sometimes female. (if you don`t believe in reincarnation my whole argument goes to pot!!!!, sos)
When our spirit is in the physical body it takes on a mind,which is a product of the brain, because it needs something to run the body and it is the body, through which we interact on the physical plane.

The mind manifests an ego, a personality. Origanlly the job of the ego was purely fight or flight, a way of keeping the body safe so the experience of life could happen. However over the lives our egos ,as we have developed, have also developed to a point where they think they are real.

The fact that I think and identify as peteyzen, believing this to be me and beleiveing that petey zen likes this and dislikes that, wants this and wants that has inflated the ego, making it more than it is. we are to an extent controlled by these desires and fears etc that the ego manifests. Our true nature, spirit has no such wants, but because we operate here on earth through the cloak of our egos we are less able to connect with our true, divine eternal selves. That is why we need to control the ego.

The classic ways of overcoming the ego are spiritual practices such as :meditation, mantra, and prayer allied to the development of awareness adn humility (so thats me stuffed)
Right thats me done I need a beer
Hugs p[eteyzen

Last edited by peteyzen : 12-05-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Glorymist

Peteyzen - -

Don't you EVER let me catch you wondering why I would say you are well along the Path. You did a superb ( ! ! ) job of answering that question. You covered the facets - - brought them all together - - you tend to see things as the whole.

Then you even gave some possible methods / techniques / practices that may help "peck away" at the little critter.

I admire your efforts within your past lives. And most probably - - this life too. Your efforts show thru to all. You seem stable and secure - - and tho you may still have "things" you are trying to solve and resolve - - they will all come in time.

If you have any real questions or ponderings - - ask. I will at least give you some considerations about it all. If they are personal - - feel free to send personal messages.

You - - are a wondrous little Soul. You may not know it "all" - - but you know one heck of a lot ! !

Well done ! !
Old 13-05-2006, 01:17 PM
dreamer

It's like Belinda Carlisle said "we live the same dream, we want the same thing, wow, wow" and in another song "ooh baby do you know what thats worth, ooh heaven is a place on earth, they say in heaven that love comes first we'll make heaven a place on earth" - Belinda Carlisle the female Dylan.

One wonders if it's more to do with pecking away at our shame. We wonder a lot don't you know. One likes to wander.
Old 13-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Glorymist

Dreamer - -

That is a VERY profound insight ! !

One of the reasons the Path / Way lengthens itself is because most everyone - - myself included - - want's to find the "answer" - - um - - "out there" somewhere. Like - - out there in a book - - out there in a meditative technique - - out there in some magic phrase or belief - - out there, as in everyone else coming around to "our" beliefs - - out there in the understanding of some mystical word - - out there ETC ! !

But the Path / Way ultimately turns out to be one of purification / cleansing. I am sure I have put this "old saying" in another thread somewhere - - but I will say it again. Truth is NOT so much what one has yet to learn, but MUCH more in what one has left to give up / let go of - - in terms of the limiting beliefs / habits / perceptions / practices / etc.

Which - - is exactly what you said in your reply.

Mind LOVES to analyze / compare / define / prefer - - which - - it loves to do as it gathers and juggles info - - via books / etc. Mind does NOT like to be looked at to see if its thoughts are of value / assisting / freeing / etc. I am not going to get into the reasons for all of that here. Don't know if anyone is all that interested anyway.

Nice insight on your part tho ! !
Old 14-05-2006, 10:36 PM
dreamer

Hi Glorymist,

I wonder if mind does not like to be looked at to see if it's thoughts are of value because the thoughts are not of any value. It is the feeling that is evoked by the thought that is the experience and since we are experiencing ourself, the thought does not need to be analyzed just experienced, although having said that analyzing the thought is just as valid an experience - so i suppose what I'm trying to say, in a rather round about and convuluted way the is a bit around the houses is...... if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.

Cheers dude.
Old 15-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Glorymist

Dreamer - -

Many consider mind to be simply and intensely a creature of habit - - and habits rarely liked to be "looked at." Most habits like to merely be performed and accepted. Mental habits can be considered to be more addictive than any known drug in existence - - or that ever will exist.

That does NOT mean that mind is "bad." After all - - who taught mind its habits ?? Each individual owner - - so to speak. Mind is a tool. The most powerful tool within these worlds of duality.

You might give this some thought. If it makes you happy - - it can't be that bad - - but might be considered attachment, nonetheless. Just - - maybe.

I really do not mean to suggest to negate all thought. There can be a time and place for that - - but - - as with most tools - - one just needs to learn how to use it - - um - - "properly."

Which is an adventure in itself.

HeH
Old 15-05-2006, 08:38 AM
dreamer

It is an experience that's true.
Old 15-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Dreamer - -

But the Path / Way ultimately turns out to be one of purification / cleansing. I am sure I have put this "old saying" in another thread somewhere - - but I will say it again. Truth is NOT so much what one has yet to learn, but MUCH more in what one has left to give up / let go of - - in terms of the limiting beliefs / habits / perceptions / practices / etc.

Nice insight on your part tho ! !

True Glory mist, and when we give up/ surrender/ let go of, then we start to remember that which we have forgotten . Well thats the official line anyhow.
Closed Thread