Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Master

This is what happens when you have people who 'think' they know what freedom is or even feels like and who have some capacity with language to name things. The only people you should trust at naming things regarding sophisticated language are poets.

In general I'm sure that the human intellect is very capable of approximating all shades and nuances of what we call 'spiritual liberation' in terms of language and feeling. Whether this type of abundant verbiage is useful or not as a platform to self realisation I can't say. Some people like to rattle on don't they ? Or some people will just say .. you are not the body...or where does I come from....or show me your original face.. and then you should shut up for awhile and have some self realisations, not spew your pseudo knowledge about liberation around like confetti because you can read and write. Thanks.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 12-06-2017, 03:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
This is what happens when you have people who 'think' they know what freedom is or even feels like and who have some capacity with language to name things. The only people you should trust at naming things regarding sophisticated language are poets.

In general I'm sure that the human intellect is very capable of approximating all shades and nuances of what we call 'spiritual liberation' in terms of language and feeling. Whether this type of abundant verbiage is useful or not as a platform to self realisation I can't say. Some people like to rattle on don't they ? Or some people will just say .. you are not the body...or where does I come from....or show me your original face.. and then you should shut up for awhile and have some self realisations, not spew your pseudo knowledge about liberation around like confetti because you can read and write. Thanks.

It is a very well known tactic of minds that hold beliefs insecurely that they must see those they disagree with undermined personally.

Disscusion is not that difficult in principle. When conducted in good faith by acknowledging and respecting that characters vary so one view will not suit everyone, it can be an interesting glimpe into the experience of another. But when, as you say, it is not in good faith but rather a focus on the person one disagrees with, it becomes something entirely different. Genuine personal exploration can be done usefully face to face with persons one knows well and trusts but that is not the case or the intention of such exchanges here so best avoided.

If you dont want this discussion space to be abused, keep it focused on the issues being discussed not on those doing the discussing.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Experiencer

This is to no one in general. So please recognize there is no one there this post can fall on.

What's most impressive is the inability to remain engaged yet detached on a forum ironically titled Non Duality.

All drama and unnecessary.

Its as if we are fighting for the right to be offended. If you hit a brick wall in what you determine to be your path, your truth, etc.. great, then simply disagree or not, and in either case move on. Yet to carry on as a child would because he wanted a red balloon and got a blue one, on this platform of all places, seems grossly misplaced. It's a core and fundamental aspect the ego does very well. A victim will feel victimized every time when what is said does not resonate with their own story (spiritual understanding). Just because you can't slam a square peg into a round hole doesn't mean there aren't any other possibilities.

Definately a great opportunity for self reflection. These conversations should go where they go, barring any direct insults of course.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Master

We can take this a stage further. As far as I am concerned, the only person engaged in any of these discussions is me. I sit looking at a screen and words appear and I may or may not feel moved to type something in response. The involvement of any other person is just an idea.

If I feel a strong reaction to anything I read, what am I reacting to? Just words on a screen, and whatever thoughts or feelings which may arise within me. There is no-one else.

So why engage in this activity? Because it is fun, and we have to do something with our time. But all the while there is only me looking at words on a screen.

Peace.
Old 13-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Master

Our views are only relevant to how we see things , not to how someone else may see things. Attempting to undermine another personally because they disagree with your views is the end of discussion. It is that, rather than not getting agreement, that ends the discussion and turns the exchange into a childish contest. When it reaches that stage it is best to stop, Those that are bent on that undermining will not stop however and insist on having the last word, and in addition are disappointed when there is no response to their last word:) because they want the childish exchange to continue so they can continue to have the last word:)

Recognise when this dynamic is in play and give it up if you do not want this space to descend into such nonsense.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
E.G.O - Earth Guidance Only.

Everything has a place.
We can't think our way into awakening, nor can Spirit drive a car. Each to their own duties, while playing nicely in the sandbox as a team.

Beautifully put.
There is room for us to embrace a systematic spiritual path rather than a spontaneous awakening experience that immediately solves all our problems and sends us shooting forth into infinite bliss.
I mean, in the grand scheme of things, the lust for a woman is innocence compared to the desire for neverending bliss that many spiritual seekers tend to cling to deep down when seeking a state of "enlightenment".

It's like Osho said, many spiritual seekers cling to this notion of "happiness" that comes through their spiritual efforts but that is nothing more than the same desire they once had prior to their mounting towards the summit of the infinite when all they wanted was a car, a house and a companion. Now it's far more subtle and I guess I have to agree with Nietzsche who taught that "there is no reward-giver and no reward."