Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Suspended
Guide
Hello G-R 1970,

Thanks for transcribing all of that,it was a lot of effort on your part, but you should not of went to so much trouble man,I would of gotten by,lol..not the end of the world eh mate.
All of these folk who decide to talk on the subject of meditation never add anything new,its all the same,just rehashed and moved around to sound good, but, its still the same as it was thousands of years ago,but its just had a few bits and pieces added or removed, mainly to appeal?
appeal to what,well consumers,you,me others,its almost like reading/listening to Eckhart Tolle!

Sorry if that seems harsh, but its how I feel, or see things, meditation is just meditation, no more, no less, but its also a nice little earner for some very smart marketers, you get convinced that "their" way is the correct way,the better way than the "free" way".

I'm a very critical person sometimes,but its so easy nowadays to be sucked into something you can have for free!

KRB
Old 09-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Ascender
Haha likewise and thank you for such a wonderful post/videoo. I do like your definition, however I am wondering, do you mean apply both simultaneously as in at the same time... cause I am terrible at multi tasking! I think that might be more than my brain could handle lol.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello G-R 1970,

Thanks for transcribing all of that,it was a lot of effort on your part, but you should not of went to so much trouble man,I would of gotten by,lol..not the end of the world eh mate.
All of these folk who decide to talk on the subject of meditation never add anything new,its all the same,just rehashed and moved around to sound good, but, its still the same as it was thousands of years ago,but its just had a few bits and pieces added or removed, mainly to appeal?
appeal to what,well consumers,you,me others,its almost like reading/listening to Eckhart Tolle!

Sorry if that seems harsh, but its how I feel, or see things, meditation is just meditation, no more, no less, but its also a nice little earner for some very smart marketers, you get convinced that "their" way is the correct way,the better way than the "free" way".

I'm a very critical person sometimes,but its so easy nowadays to be sucked into something you can have for free!

KRB

Hi slowsnake,

Thank you so much for your kind reply, where it was my pleasure transcribing the video.

I really do enjoy reading your posts as I find them thoughtful, constructive and considerate. So much so I do take your point about the same thing being said by different philosophers in different ways

I appreciate we each have our own methods of understanding, where Alan Watts and his philosophy resonates with me so much. This complements my own in such a way that allows me to create my own footsteps. Where I hope it may also help others create theirs:)

Thank you once again for all your time and insight, as you help me with my own inner understanding.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 09-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Haha likewise and thank you for such a wonderful post/videoo. I do like your definition, however I am wondering, do you mean apply both simultaneously as in at the same time... cause I am terrible at multi tasking! I think that might be more than my brain could handle lol.

Hi Dude,

I am so glad you enjoyed the post and the video, where meditation and mindfulness go hand in hand with each other. So by engaging with them simultaneous helps us find our natural sate of 'Being'.

Your quip about multi-tasking did make me laugh, and I hope it helps when I say that there is no right or wrong way to adopt any spiritual practices while we become familiar with them. As the aim by Alan is simply to help us with a little more understanding from his viewpoint so we can fully appreciate and live in the eternal moment.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 10-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello GR-1970,

I am very happy you see my posts for what they really are, and that is, well just another opinion/view of something that is so old and ancient, and I don't mean meditation, but life!

That's what life is,a bunch of different folk,with different backgrounds and different cultures, creeds and religions and opinions!
What we do now was being experienced thousands of years ago and even longer,maybe civilisations back.
But always the same message and offering the seeker some form of truth.
I just take offence when folk make millions of dollars from something that is free,if you know/have the time to find it!

Its not meant to stick out like " a dogs left nut ", it is meant to be hard to find so the seeker actually seeks?. through a lot of effort, physical and mental, life is supposed to bring you to your knees, the burden so great that you sink into the ground up to your knees, then and only then do you decide to seek something else from life,some hidden meaning, what you achieve is meant to be fought for, not click a switch and pay "X" amount of dollers for instant cosmic sense.
When you are down so far/deep that you don't know which way is up, well then and only then do you realise self!

KRB
Old 20-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the vid....Watts had the gift of teaching and breaking things down, for sure