Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Experiencer
Guided meditations on YouTube

Are they any good?
Old 04-05-2017, 03:29 PM
FrankieJG

For relaxing yes. But we shouldn't meditate without proper guidance I have heard. Specially when we meditate for a specific purpose we need a good guidance.For a start YouTube videos are good.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Master
There are a few but have to look for them. What kind of meditation do you have in mind??
Old 05-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Experiencer
My aim is just to start a daily meditation practice. I thought I'd try meditation for relaxation first, since I do need to focus more on trying to relax. I had been doing breathing exercises nearly every day for awhile, but life got in the way...I felt like those were helpful so I'd like to do some breathing meditations, too.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Knower
they would be if you can find one your pace and with a soothing voice, those are hard to come by, I suggest you make one yourself, its the only way it will be your pace and your own voice if its soothing.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxJ0N2vq2GM&t=188s
Old 07-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c

Oh yes! Alan Watts is so wonderful - I love his books and YouTube talks, where I completely agree with his viewpoints :)

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 08-05-2017, 08:05 AM
Newbie ;)

(I had to alter this post as i'm new and have been told i cannot post URLs yet, so I can provide you with names but not links, sorry!)

I do all my meditations with youtube.
For guided I use Mooji/Jeff Foster. Theres two Jeff Foster meditations on youtube and loads of Mooji meditations, depending on how long you'd like to meditate. Theres also this short one of Eckhart Tolle which is only about 10-12 minutes, just make sure you find the one without an AD in the middle of it because having your meditation interrupted to shout about toothpaste is infuriating

Recently I've been listening to Shamanic meditation music, which I love but its probably not for everyone as the music quickens pace. Its called '1 1/2 hours native american music mix, meditation for shamanic trance, healing music'

There are also lots of nature sounds of youtube you can use to meditate if thats your preference.
Old 31-05-2017, 04:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Guided Meditation

Easy and accessible, the internet is a great place to start a regular meditation practice.Top 5 Guided Meditations on Youtube.Like The Seat, Summer Meadow, Surrender Meditation: Letting Go, Meditation for Anxiety, Worry, and Urgency and Calming Warm Light: Spirit Healing Rainfall.
Old 31-05-2017, 04:45 AM
Pathfinder
I think that guided meditations are wonderful, certainly a great place to start. When I was first getting into a habit of meditation I met some folks with very traditional, strict beliefs who wanted me to do it 'the right way' and it was so overwhelming for me I almost stopped.

Now I don't think that there is a right way and I don't think that you need to stick to one tradition or type of meditation. There are many different types of audios that can help you get into a meditative state and from there you can decide if you want to move on to meditating without audio or not.

For guided meditation and hypnosis, Michael Sealey is my all-time favorite. For example, this video is a godsend for people struggling with anxiety, at least in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vx8iUvfyCY

You can also try guided imagery, which I'm also a fan of. It's wonderfully relaxing and can help you train your imagination. These guys are quite amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHonestGuys/videos

Then there's all sorts of meditative music, nature sounds etc.

Some people also get in a meditative state with the help of binaural beats, I found this audio to be really effective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=legDL5m6RPY&t=630s

As well as ASMR. I'm most definitely not a fan of ASMR, at least not the spoken ones, but I found this channel quite relaxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCFALoEfBGw

I think I'll write a blog post about it so thank you for your inspiration and good luck on your meditative journey!

“We are neighbors in a modern world where proximity is relative and the threshold to our hearts moves outside time and space.”