Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 28-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello Ocean,
I really loved reading your post,really feel good effect.
I asked permission to post a poem I wrote in May 1987 here in the thread,hope you enjoy it!

Tree of Life.

Two hundred years I've stood on this spot,watching,waiting.

My girth is such that no man can embrace my trunk.

I grow bigger all year round,in breadth as well as height.

My massive roots reach out under this fertile soil,stretching,extending,unseen by most.

My lifeline to the earth,my medulla,my earthly anchor.

I watch this picture show in amusement,the passing parade of fools.

Only the wise take time out from such a humdrum existence, to sit at my base and lean against my uneven trunk.

Some sit just for the shade,others seem to be refreshed by my company.

Other's listen to the sap coursing through my veins,my life force,my essence.

Occasionally, though very seldom,I may shake my massive bough's, or rustle my leave's in sympathy with such thought.

But for most of my life I just stand here,a silent sentinel, watching,waiting!

Kind Regards Billy.

Awesome reflection, Billy!
Old 28-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Pathfinder
I loved your poem Billy! Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks for teh insights, Nature Grows.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:40 PM
Experiencer
I have an interesting tree story.
There was a tree that one man that i don't know, choose to hugging.
One day i passed that area and locals came to see who am i and told me a story, while i was sitting next to tree, that one werdo comes to hut that tree every now and then and we talked a little bit about everything.

Next time, that i passed that area that tree was chopped down and i remembered that story i was told and every time i go there i start to laugh from my heart, i find it so funny. Don't hug trees, it is stupid.

But it is what is related to first thread, you can interpret and get answers through many ways, so can be trees.

Why would be tree related to father? It is there, stable, all the time, it can't go anywhere. You can physically attach to it and it stays, so maybe your father was avoiding contact, was unsure, something in that way?

Wish you well.
Old 28-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Ascender

There's a famous Buddhist Thai Forrest monk called Ajahn Chah. One of his quotes is "to know nature is to know dharma and to know dharma is to know nature ".
This phenomenon of nature and spirituality being intertwined is common to many spiritual paths.
Good luck and best wishes. Shaun.
Old 29-04-2017, 03:13 AM
Suspended
Guide
The Sacred Banyan Tree.

Hello folks,

In 1979 I was contracted by a company in Sydney Australia where I lived at the time,I was 26 years old,the company Simon Carves Australia had the maintenance contract at a bauxite mine ( alumina ) owned at the time by Alcan/Nabalco,they built a town there for the miners at a beautiful spot right on the tip and north west point of the Gulf of Carpentaria,and it was a very big minesite,it was in Gove Northern Territory deep in Arnhem Land,in north east Arnhem on the coast.

The traditional owners were the Yolngu people,it was very sacred ground and access was limited to a permit and government clearance,I stayed 6 months then moved to Ranger Uranium Mine in Kakadu National Park,this was again very sacred aboriginal land belonging to the Gaagudju people,access only by ASIO clearance,and like Gove the permission of the aboriginal Northern Land Council, I was there for a year,this is where my kundilini and brow chakra were opened by external means.

But back to Gove,after I flew from Sydney to Cairns then a smaller plane to Gove,I had settled into my living quarters,everyone was at work,the camp was a 5 klm walk to the townsite where I had a few beers in the " Walkabout Hotel ", that's what it was called, Mick Dundee took the name to use in his hit movie " Crocodile Dundee ",and the landscape in that movie,the billabongs the bush/scrub I had access to,it was the best part of my life on earth,those few years before my brow chakra opening.

But back to the story of the "Sacred Banyan Tree" which I found outside the minesite office fenced off with 8 foot high wire about 20 feet square,and an access gate for a full time arborist to maintain the tree.
Once I got settled in I met a beautiful aboriginal woman in town one afternoon,she was a schoolteacher at the school in Yirrakala about 35 klm from Nhulunbuy,she neither drank nor smoked,was older than me and we had a wonderful platonic friendship,she was an Elder of the Yolngu people, her name was Seagull.

She told me all about certain aspects of her culture but not too much,she couldn't because of tribal law,but she told me briefly about the Sacred Banyan Tree,which I cannot repeat here,but basically the contract with Nabalco stated that when the ore runs out or the Sacred Banyan Trees dies, whatever comes first, then they stop production and leave Arnhem Land.

Here is a link for you,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gove_Peninsula

Kind Regards Billy.