Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 27-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
... or what is not supposed to happen.

I'm here to help, not to debate, nor to be right.

You can disregard my advice, so I'll just wait until you report the successful lucid dream.

God bless you.

I didn't disregard your advice, but the way you spoke like that about listening to metal before sleeping seemed like you were trying to inspire fear into me as if the boogeyman would come to get me in my sleep. I don't take such things seriously, but my my sincere apologies if that wasn't the case.

--

Also, I've been doing reality checks and last night tried listening to one of those trippy music videos again. Besides a weird and pointless dream about being abducted by funny looking aliens in pink outfits (which I refered to as the people in pink) I believe I may have had a false awakening because I remember waking up at about 3 am or 4 am but I have no idea if I were dreaming or not. It's pretty common for me to wake up at such times and usually I remember it the next day, but this time I feel like it was a dream. Hopefully that's a sign or something that I'm getting closer to lucid dreaming?
Old 28-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account
hello,

that 'false' awakening sounds good, do you remember doing reality check while this 'false' awakening ?

If not, then my suggestion would be to do more reality checks, but now, while doing them, really mean what you say.

like stop with everything else and think/say it like you mean it: "am i dreaming" - act like you are really concerned while asking this.

another suggestion is, to check what were you doing while this false awakening.

this is the reason why you should take notes on your dreams:

what were you doing at the time of the false awakening ? what was the setting, what were you thinking while it?

Now try to find similarities in your Waking life (if you were in a room where you spent most of your time go there) and do a bit changed reality check:

Add, to whatever you normaly say, something like "when i am again in this room, i will know that i am dreaming and will have the control of my dream"

Do this additional thing whenever you find yourself in that room again, like stop, do the check and then continue doing whatever you do,as if you haven't done the check.

here are some videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hDRXRnry4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbRoUSW6f2o

music only:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEAS_XLWGxI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=D8yEvp-hCjU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqvA5rAfv40
The rule of the thumb is to have the music at around 20% or less of volume, so that you may still understand what the voice says, but where you have no strain to understand it.

For no voice videos 5% to 10% are optimal. (depending on the volume of your pc) - it should be very low, but still hearable.
That's for the case, in which you actually enter the OBE state instead of lucid.

Good luck.
Old 29-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
hello,

that 'false' awakening sounds good, do you remember doing reality check while this 'false' awakening ?

If not, then my suggestion would be to do more reality checks, but now, while doing them, really mean what you say.

like stop with everything else and think/say it like you mean it: "am i dreaming" - act like you are really concerned while asking this.

another suggestion is, to check what were you doing while this false awakening.

this is the reason why you should take notes on your dreams:

what were you doing at the time of the false awakening ? what was the setting, what were you thinking while it?

Now try to find similarities in your Waking life (if you were in a room where you spent most of your time go there) and do a bit changed reality check:

Add, to whatever you normaly say, something like "when i am again in this room, i will know that i am dreaming and will have the control of my dream"

Do this additional thing whenever you find yourself in that room again, like stop, do the check and then continue doing whatever you do,as if you haven't done the check.

here are some videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hDRXRnry4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbRoUSW6f2o

music only:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEAS_XLWGxI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=D8yEvp-hCjU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqvA5rAfv40
The rule of the thumb is to have the music at around 20% or less of volume, so that you may still understand what the voice says, but where you have no strain to understand it.

For no voice videos 5% to 10% are optimal. (depending on the volume of your pc) - it should be very low, but still hearable.
That's for the case, in which you actually enter the OBE state instead of lucid.

Good luck.

I didn't do a reality check because I was convinced, whether I was awake or dreaming, that I was really awake. I remember looking at the clock and falling back asleep again. I already try to do as many reality checks as possible, but I often tend to forget it because I keep getting distracted by my daily business. However, I will definitely work on it because my desperation is big.

About the videos, am I supposed to fall asleep while listening them or am I supposed to listen to them shortly before going to sleep?

Thanks for your message again and sorry for my late reply.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello,

Sorry for my late reply,

u should fall asleep while listening to them (if you can fall asleep with the headphones on)

If not, then try to put them off, but do not make too much or too fast movement, as you should try to keep the relaxed state, without thinking activity.
Old 19-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Guide
Ive never found use in reality checks. I dont think u should just flip a lightswitch to see if its a dream. Its more of being in the moment, checking if your brain is there.
Its not possible to urgently master ludid dreaming. I think trying new methods is the best bet. Like beginners lucid luck. The first time anyone reads about it, they have one that night. At one point i found that leaving the light on helped me notice dreams. Recently i heard about the finger method FILD. It sôunds stupid (how did i just do that 'o'?) but ive read people swear it better than any method.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:40 AM
Newbie ;)

So much practise bro
Old 23-09-2017, 06:24 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It's really important to me. Since there are no other worlds/realms besides this Earth to visit, my only way of escaping this dull and sick world is by lucid dreaming. However, I don't know how to learn it as I already tried the most common methods such as reality checks and dream journals (though I often remember my dreams well enough without needing a dream journal).

Also, last night I watched dozens of subliminal booster videos and even went as far as to humiliate myself by forcing myself into listening to peaceful heavenly music before falling asleep which I was told will give lucid dreams, but it was to no avail. If anything, all this useless stuff I attempted last night rather completely wrecked me since I was unable to sleep for pretty much the entire night at all. Heck, I can probably sleep much better after listening to Amon Amarth or Immortal.

So are there any methods I left out that are guaranteed success, and/or is there anything I may be doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated.
Ho-ha-ha he-he-hi-hi. you are desperate to watch lucid dream. It can be mastered only by remembering that you dream lucid. For this yu need not do exercise for it. just remember that you are sleeping and the dream you will watch may it be lucid or general.
Old 24-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Let go of expectations and set your intention to lucid dream each night before you go to sleep and as you fall asleep.
Old 24-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agenor
Let go of expectations and set your intention to lucid dream each night before you go to sleep and as you fall asleep.

Thanks, but in all honesty I've already given up on this and no longer even care. Thought I should rather care about more important matter.
Old 24-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It's really important to me. Since there are no other worlds/realms besides this Earth to visit ...
In lucid dreaming success comes from motivation, belief, and perseverance.

If you start from the premise that "there are no other worlds/realms besides this Earth" you've already shot yourself in the foot.

Before going to sleep tell yourself you'll look at your hands and realize you're dreaming. To ingrain in your subconscious (this one never sleeps) to look at your hands, do it often during the day until you succeed! It may take a couple of weeks. In the beginning you can use a timer to remind you. You can also create a habit that every time when you start speaking you take a quick look at your hands; never assume you're awake when you do that!