Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Pathfinder

New technique for meditating

I will try to explain this the best I can... I'm definitely a thinker, not a writer.. heh...

This will probably only be beneficial for those who like to meditate on specific things like questions, sentences, or ideas, looking for insight on such things which will come through the meditation (for example, meditating on the question: What can I do to fix this situation?) As you can see, that is quite a long sentence, and hard to keep your attention on the entire thing when needing to repeat in your mind every now and then. Even if you try to shorten it to a few words, like: How can I fix this?- It still can be a bit hard to focus in and meditate while repeating even just those five words.

This technique, which I came up with last night (although it could be a well known technique that is widely used already, I have no idea) marries a technique used in remote viewing, in order to simplify this type of meditation and organize it into a short list of questions and thoughts to meditate on, being able to switch back and forth at will.

In remote viewing, you are given a target number: a random string of numbers that was assigned by someone other than yourself. Knowing absolutely nothing about the target,you are to meditate on that string of numbers, and somehow the universal consciousness knows exactly what you are talking about and will give you hints and clues about the target, whether they be images, video clips, auditory words, changes in thought patterns, distorted sounding words in your own thinking voice that stick out, smells, etc. In my experience, these are very similar to the types of "answers" I get while meditating on a question/idea.

So get a notepad and write down as many questions, sentences, ideas, or anything else you may want to answers to, and number them like this:

1. What can I do to fix this situation?
2. How can I show more love?
3. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? (jk)
4. How can I grow my business and be more successful?
5....etc..

It will be important that you remember what each number corresponds to, so before each meditation, you should pick the number you want to try, and review the question you assigned it to. You will need to keep in the back of your mind what the question is, but you will not be meditating on the question. You will meditate on the number only. Even if you forget the question during the meditation, I would suppose that the universal consciousness still knows what you are talking about, considering that in remote viewing it knows what you are referring to when doing a completely blind target. Just keep meditating on the number and see which impressions you receive. Either write them down as the come to you, or if your memory is good, write them all down at the end of the meditation.

I would suggest having no more than five at a time, and when you feel like you have received sufficient guidance on one, erase it and come up with a new one. Perhaps try a different number a day, but I would only do one to two numbers per day, not to get mixed signals, since sometimes the answers come even later when laying down to sleep or in dreams.

Let me know if this works for you!
Old 26-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Pathfinder

**I did not want to bump this thread... but there are things I want to add, and I can't seem to find the edit button. **

The benefit of reducing an entire sentence down to one or two numbers, is so that you have a very short and simple "phrase" or "target number" to meditate on. Visualize the number in your mind's eye, give it different colors and font styles as you drift down into a light trance.

I have read that visualization (imagining sight) is a fast method to slow your brain down into a trance. I have also read that tactile imaging methods (imagining feeling) are even better, so Imagine writing the number on to a post-it note, and imagine putting it onto different parts of your body: like your knee, the back of your hand, an ear, etc. If you are good at visualizing, try to see yourself actually write down the number, and see it as you stick it onto your different areas. Then feel the invisible post-it note as it sticks to an area. Feel the paper pressing down on your hand. You may want to practice this with a real post-it note a few times over several days to really remember what it feels like. Use these methods to get yourself into a light trance, all the while you are also focusing on the number that corresponds with your list.

I think the list could also help with self-healing and remote healing. Write down another list, this one for self healing. This time put a "B" in front of each number. (B can stand for Body, or simply "List B"). A list could go like this:

B1. Heal my knee injury.
B2. Heal my tired eyes.
B3. Heal my chakras. (if that's your thing)
B4. Heal myself
B5. ..etc...

Now for instance, if you pick B1, you will hold the image of B1 in your mind's eye, and quiet your mind the best you can as you drift away. (It does not need to be 100% quiet though, so don't struggle). Move your awareness to the knee that needs healing, and hold it there as your hold the image of B1 in your mind's eye. This is important for two reasons: it is like shining a laser pointer to the direct area that needs healing, telling your body exactly where to go; and it also introduces the tactile imaging that helps to put you in theta brain waves for a light trance- especially if you imagine writing B1 on a post-it, and see and feel yourself sticking it to the knee. If you are healing a cut on your arm, you will stick the post it note to your arm(and perhaps try imagining the cut healing with no infection and minimal scarring)

It is probably important that you do a lot of training on not falling asleep while meditating...in fact my favorite way to meditate is in bed using the corpse yoga position. I have taught myself not to fall asleep, which takes time being that this is the easiest position to accidentally fall asleep...

For remote healing, you can make another list. Perhaps you have a friend who needs healing, and their initials are "L. P." Then use those letters as part of your target number. If this person has an injury, then write a sentence down that requests healing of this particular injury. Let's say it is sentence 2, so you will focus on LP2 (friend's initials + sentence 2) in your mind's eye, while trying to imagine feeling their injury in its particular spot, say the stomach. Try to imagine the pain they are in, and what they must be going through. Try to feel the pain in that area and to make it as real as possible. Make it become your pain. Then use the self healing method listed above to heal this pain. Imagine as your pain is starting to feel better from the self healing, your friend's pain has gone down just as much. Imagine them smiling as their pain subsides. I have heard that remote healing only works or works better if you ask the person's permission first. This can be misinterpreted into thinking it only works through the power of suggestion, but I don't believe that to be completely true, although it definitely doesn't hurt. The power of suggestion would lead them to do a type of self healing on their own, which would only help you achieve results faster.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for posting this, I need to try self healing.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Pathfinder

I'm glad you liked it, I have been working with it now and then. I have found that it seems better to have a letter and a number, rather than just a number as in my first post. It seems easier to focus on two characters rather than one, and I think it helps send the consciousness directly to the exact list that you have prepared.