Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 25-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Dazza

Chakras, octave and Hz

I'm not new to chakras, but I am new to sing bowls and healing.

One thing i have noticed and I don't understand is one site says:
Root C 256 Hz

The second site says:
Root C 194.18 Hz

3rd on says:
Root 396 Hz

Here are the questions.
Are these different octaves?
What is the best octave (range in Hz) for healing?

I'm totally into the sing bowls and i want to get a healing set but I am so confused to whats right, or whats a better octave range.

Thanks.
Old 26-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Guide
Im pretty sure those would be different octaves. For the root chakra, I like lower/deeper sounds and I would think that would mean the one with a lower Hz frequency. I can feel the individual oscillations of the lower frequency vibrations better because they are more spread out over time.
Old 26-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Master
My experience with sound and chakras is that the exact frequencies vary based on body size. The higher frequencies are towards the head, the lower ones towards the feet. As far as I know, singing bowls are based on average body size.

If you know how to tone (sing a pure note), you can vibrate (stimulate) a specific horizontal slice of the body (based on height from the ground if you were standing up). Just stand up, start a tone and feel where in the body it resonates (tingles, vibrates). Then adjust the pitch upward to move the area towards the head and lower it to move towards the feet. Note that for most people their singing voice does not go low enough to get much below the navel. Trained singers are going to have some problem with doing this smoothly as they have a tendency to raise or lower pitch by one semitone (note in the scale) at a time. Sliding up and down in pitch works much better. For those less vocally gifted, a tone generator and speaker can do a similar thing (be careful not to burn your speaker out).
Old 27-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
My experience with sound and chakras is that the exact frequencies vary based on body size. The higher frequencies are towards the head, the lower ones towards the feet. As far as I know, singing bowls are based on average body size.

If you know how to tone (sing a pure note), you can vibrate (stimulate) a specific horizontal slice of the body (based on height from the ground if you were standing up). Just stand up, start a tone and feel where in the body it resonates (tingles, vibrates). Then adjust the pitch upward to move the area towards the head and lower it to move towards the feet. Note that for most people their singing voice does not go low enough to get much below the navel. Trained singers are going to have some problem with doing this smoothly as they have a tendency to raise or lower pitch by one semitone (note in the scale) at a time. Sliding up and down in pitch works much better. For those less vocally gifted, a tone generator and speaker can do a similar thing (be careful not to burn your speaker out).

Yes this is correct. C = 1st chakra, D = 2nd, E = 3rd, F = 4th, G = 5th, A =6th, B = 7th(crown).
Old 28-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Dazza

Thanks very much. You have all suggested some great things. Thanks stein, that exercise is wild!

For me when I see a note of E I ask my self what octave? I don't know. So I went searching and I came across this guide and amongst it, it shows each chakras Hz range. e.g Solar Plexus sound range is 200-350Hz rather then just saying a note of E.
What do you all think of this guide and the Hz range for each chakra?

Out of curiosity, can I use notes from different octaves and still heal myself effectively or does the healing effect amplify when using the same octave range sing bowls?

Thanks very much.
Old 28-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Dazza

I can't post links so I'll have to get creative here.

h t t p : / / w w w . soundhealingcenter.com/frequency. h t m l

You will have to remove the spaces ;)
Old 28-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza
Out of curiosity, can I use notes from different octaves and still heal myself effectively
No. A higher pitch would resonate more towards the head. Most effective is to directly simulate the areas needed healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza
or does the healing effect amplify when using the same octave range sing bowls?
More accurate to say the effect the further the stimulated area is from the area needing healing.

FYI, playing an octave lower has a similar poor effect.

----
The source of the sound is not particularly relevant. The volume of the sound needs to be loud enough to stimulate the area to be healed (enough so you can feel it) but not so loud as to to cause any discomfort (especially to the ears). Any need for ear protection indicates the sound is too loud.

Another important factor is the pureness of the tone. Playing white noise with all frequencies is far less effective.

Crystal bowls are used becasue the provide a steady tone at a good volume and can be played for extended periods with minimal effort. It has nothing to do with 'amplification'.