Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Experiencer

changed my mind
Old 05-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
sadly you did not go with it down the rabbit hole nor did you disappear

Not very Christian WP
Old 05-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Experiencer

forgive my honesty-I should have handled it differently. the Christian way is I should have approached you directly and explained my anger in how you mock Christian people who believe in the crucifixtion. please forgive me sky and will you please stop poking at Christians beliefs, I will try very hard not to repeat my un Christian behavior
Old 05-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
forgive my honesty-I should have handled it differently. the Christian way is I should have approached you directly and explained my anger in how you mock Christian people who believe in the crucifixtion. please forgive me sky and will you please stop poking at Christians beliefs, I will try very hard not to repeat my un Christian behavior

If you read my Postings properly you will not see any poking at Christian beliefs rather curiosity at how Christianity has changed since the beginning of Early Christianity.

You never join in the discussion but rather jump on me, just because you think your personal beliefs are ' True Christianity ' and others are wrong doesn't add any benefits to the discussion. Early Christians also thought their beliefs were ' True Christianity ' so who are you to deride their teachings.

I know plenty of Christians who don't believe Jesus was actually crucified they also believe in reincarnation, you have to live and let live in my opinion, of course you can disagree but mybe adding ' Let's agree to differ ' instead you add nasy little innuendos and then delete them by either ????? or ' Changed my mind ' I personally whould like a civilised conversation but have realized it's impossible so in future I will just ignore you rather than play your games....
Old 05-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Experiencer

this forum is not a good place for me to be-I have acted in an angry manner over and over I apologixe and will be silent

Last edited by white pegasus : 05-12-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Deactivated Account
As a former Christian, I still can't get over the 'fact' that we deserve to be eternally poked by red figures with a pitchfork just because we don't happen to be perfect. What is perfection anyway? Something highly overrated if you ask me.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Then explain why Jesus says this -
"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."

Jesus doesn't say this man has to believe in any particular thing, but that he just has to be good. So if I say to you that being good is what God desires most, am I wrong?
There are many other examples where God judges based on this
If believing Jesus died for me makes me good then what is wrong with this, but if saying this is the only way then you have to ignore all the places where God and Jesus talks about a person being able to be good.
That's fine. We will find out one day who got it right! That's the beauty of this, we have a choice what to believe about God and one day we will know. There will always be a great variety of opinions on this subject till then.

Bro, you should read the Bible. Jesus had two main messages- love and faith.

Love:

“You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
Jesus Christ, Matthew 22:36-40

Faith and His sacrifice so that we may be saved:

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.”
Jesus Christ, John 3:16-17

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Jesus Christ, Mark 10:42-45

“Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Jesus Christ, John 3:3

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Jesus Christ, John 14:6

Regarding doing good things, Jesus and the apostles teach that good deeds are the fruit of salvation, the result of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and no one is saved by works.

Romans 3:28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness

Romans 10:9-10
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Jesus teaches that no man is good and thus cannot be save by good works

Mark 10:18
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Don't forget that the apostles were inspired by the Holy Spirit and taught what Jesus taught them. Scripture needs to be understood in context.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Master
I'm really not sure what a Christian is if they do not believe in the Crucifixion or the Resurrection. I thought that both of those occurrences were essential to being Christian.

If one asks sky if she is a Gnostic then she says NO. But to me sky is the very definition of a Gnostic.

Maybe the early Christians were a mixed bunch. However over the years the differing beliefs of Christians have settled into different definitions. Gnostics are the ones who don't believe in the Crucifixion or Resurrection and who believe they are God.

I do not think it is fair for Gnostics to call themselves Christian because in the modern world the term Christian has a different meaning to Gnostic.

If there are one billion Christians on earth then 99.99% of them believe in the Crucifixion and Resurrection. The others are not what the modern world defines as 'Christian'....

Why play around with established definitions which people understand?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:44 PM
ImthatIm

Sky123
Sky Quest. "What about Christians who don't believe in the crucifixion, are they blocked from this route ?"

What God has created He invites back Home. He never did ask me to wipe my feet and wipe on some Blood.He said come on in have a cup of Love/forgiveness and gave me a hug.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Deactivated Account

See, there are numerable beliefs about Christianity and alao on whether Jesus was crucified. Allow me to say that the narrow path ia not easy to fins and only a few find it. They find it through revelation/realisation that is communicated to the Christian/Cross bearer-to-be.

When you have the "revelation of Jesus Christ ", you will no longer rest on the words, beliefs of another human being, but rest in that which has been given from on high. If truly we are part of the Creator, then we nees not climb a ladder of ascent to divinity. This is where the Blood of Jesus Christ comes in, its either you have access to the Creator or you dont have it. But remember, only through revelation and having it communicated to you by God, and not speculation. That is why it is for the few.

Apostle Paul and those whom were baptises through him (and other Cross wielders) did not enter a special spiritual practice or "essene community", or recite a certain mantra under specific conditions to attain the Spirit of God and fellowship tangibly with Him. It was simply an accepting that Jesus is the Lord, who is the Son of God, or in other words, that Jesus is the Creator, Logos, and is the maker, sustainer and dissolver of all created things and is one with you. So there is a movement from non access to access, this being through His blood. If you understand blood sacrifice, even those practiced by black magicians, you would understand this Blood of Jesus Christ.