Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
If I could wish a superpower on everyone, it would be total awareness.

Yikes I choose love & kindness if I could only wish one...
Old 06-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
It's like and experienced chess player against a rookie. You see the moves, but you play the game anyway. Sometimes they will surprise you! Even in the corporate world, it's the same games. The maneuvering, posturing, playing nice with others. The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.

I share the same view about corporate being a game. Always knew it before, but once you wake up to it, it changes the dynamics. Myself, I've always played the game where power/money are not motivators to me, and yet I still can't help but be surprised at some of the conversations that I'm brought into.

One thing that is setup in many corporate settings is whats called The Gervais Principle.

Back to the original poster, i would say whatever your "Soul Age", I've found great enjoyment in helping people view things from varied perspectives that they would not have otherwise ever approached. Some people are more challenging than others, but for me no amount of money can surpass the surprise of finding out what you were able to do to help someone where it was second nature to you, and it meant much more to them.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 06-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The fulfilment and bliss come from having the time to do the things I want to do rather than spending eight hours each day in the office and commuting for an hour each way. It helps to be in beautiful surroundings ten minutes from the beach. And although the population is small (about 5,000) there are so many people pursuing their spiritual interests and alternative living. In short, I feel that I am where I am meant to be.

As you say, money does not automatically correlate to quality of life, but money does provide a level of freedom to choose, and at first it was difficult to adjust to no longer having that freedom to make choices. It was a good lesson in letting go of my need for financial security and trusting that the universe would provide for me. And sure enough, money always came in, sometimes from unexpected sources, and everything has since worked out well.

But all this came about originally from a strong sense of needing to move, and meeting the right people at the right time who pointed me at this part of the world. So I always felt the the universe was guiding me. Perhaps you too could invoke the universe for some concrete guidance.

Peace.

Oh I see ... the fulfillment that comes from being more in sync with and connected with nature.

Okay, I see the key word here. Trust. Trust in the universe.

I have a tug-of-war between my ego thinking mind and my inner voice. My ego is loud and forceful, but my inner voice is gentle and quiet. Sometimes I am not sure what my inner guidance is, because there is too much noise in my outer landscape. For example, a place like the corporate world would have more jarring noise than a spot on the beach. I think my question is, how to manage the conflict between individual psyche (me) and group psyche (corporate world). I see that an exit may be the solution.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Old souls often have lessons of how to be in the world aware and open of so much.

I tend to just take care of myself.

Self reflect
Self care
Self aware and clear to move more balanced and grounded.

I have a family member who has worked in the corporate world as an open aware, highly sensitive person. She was manager for many years. I was constantly dealing with her venting processors which to me are no different to being in the world and dealing with people and the system in others ways. She is still learning how to find her balance regardless of her own awareness of others and the system. So my guidance to her is to see herself in all situations, take care and keep balanced. She recently moved from corporate to a more compassionate field as a manager and funny thing is, she is still learning lessons about her own balance and the system..Life is funny like that and so are we..

I think I am learning the concept of self care. Big topic for me as I progress in my healing journey. Having been groomed to meet other people's needs, while not being heard or seen, so now learning to put myself before all else requires quite a shift, and part of it is a shift in relationships with humans, money, job, the larger environment in general.

Interesting to hear about your family member's struggle for balance. Ultimately, it is something internal that we have to address when we try to manage our relationship with the external environment.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Yikes I choose love & kindness if I could only wish one...

I only choose that out of love and kindness, if someone doesn't know they are destructive, then this give them the opportunity to find the love within themselves to heal.

Love and kindness I don't believe can be forced upon anyone. :)
Old 06-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
When you actually took action to change, did you actually have another direction in mind to pursue? I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do. I think I kind of like it like that, at least for the short term.

It is a long story, but the decision to leave was made for me, which was a blessing.

Fortunately, I was in a position where I didn't need to think about what to do next. I need the downtime and to place attention on myself right now as I am experiencing quite a lot in my personal life. With that all said, I know once I'm in a position to, I will find something that is for my purpose and gives me enjoyment, not what I think I need to do to make ends meet
Old 06-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
It is a long story, but the decision to leave was made for me, which was a blessing.

Fortunately, I was in a position where I didn't need to think about what to do next. I need the downtime and to place attention on myself right now as I am experiencing quite a lot in my personal life. With that all said, I know once I'm in a position to, I will find something that is for my purpose and gives me enjoyment, not what I think I need to do to make ends meet

Oh, I am glad for you! I am glad that things fell into place for you. Yes, I think sometimes we have a lot to process, and we should have the option to do so in our own time and space.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
I only choose that out of love and kindness, if someone doesn't know they are destructive, then this give them the opportunity to find the love within themselves to heal.

Love and kindness I don't believe can be forced upon anyone. :)

Thought we were playing a game where we imagine what might happen if... If they become loving & kind would that not make them stop being "destructive" thus whatever awareness might solve is already solved?
Old 07-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Oh I see ... the fulfillment that comes from being more in sync with and connected with nature.

Okay, I see the key word here. Trust. Trust in the universe.

I have a tug-of-war between my ego thinking mind and my inner voice. My ego is loud and forceful, but my inner voice is gentle and quiet. Sometimes I am not sure what my inner guidance is, because there is too much noise in my outer landscape. For example, a place like the corporate world would have more jarring noise than a spot on the beach. I think my question is, how to manage the conflict between individual psyche (me) and group psyche (corporate world). I see that an exit may be the solution.
If you exit from your job you take with you everything you brought to the job in the first place, as well as what you've picked up being in the job whether that's insight or baggage. That carries on to the next job and all you have is a repeated pattern that6 fulfils itself. If you are going to move on then move on mentally/Spiritually and not physically, initially.

Do yourself a favour and start with a clean slate, because if you don't you'll just carry with you all the baggage and that 'colours' every aspect of your Life after that. The Universe is a reflection of you so if you see a conflict between your psyche and the 'group psyche' then that's a reflection of the conflict in you. Your words are a window into your consciousness and they have power, they are the dialogue you're having with yourself.

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll only get what you've always got."
Old 07-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
I think I am learning the concept of self care. Big topic for me as I progress in my healing journey. Having been groomed to meet other people's needs, while not being heard or seen, so now learning to put myself before all else requires quite a shift, and part of it is a shift in relationships with humans, money, job, the larger environment in general.

Interesting to hear about your family member's struggle for balance. Ultimately, it is something internal that we have to address when we try to manage our relationship with the external environment.

Yes I understand and its a common theme amongst those who are over giving and not use to putting themselves first. The grooming is often deeply ingrained and takes a lot of undoing through all streams of your life affected. I know from experience the shift into self care and self first, can be quite difficult, but when you understand your own personal needs as the person you are, it gets easier. Balance in all areas of one's life, comes into the whole picture.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder