Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 10-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Personally I think Art is very important.
How do you feel about it?
I think art is very imp, also.
Music, sculpture, paintings, poetry, even fashion, architecture, interior design...I don't say the word 'should' ...but it should
inspire the soul to soar or to be quietly pensive.

Nothing matters in this world if it doesn't encourage a person to be
loving, kind, to think of beautiful things.
I know some artists paint or photograph things that stir up people politically...
in that way they really intend to do the same thing, but in a more aggressive way...ok.

I am an artist, retired now, so I don't talk about it here...in galleries, restaurants all over, getting calls to be placed in airports and
government lobbies in DC, shipping all over...(I have done and can do 20 ft x 10ft pieces easily, see.)
The intent for me is just beauty and wonder...the person opens their imagination and tells me they see things I didn't even see!
It's wonderful. (So no one asks me...I'll just say metal, esp copper work.)

My stain glass pieces do something different...splashes of color with the sun coming through
actually wakes up the brain somehow ...it uplifts people 'somehow'...it's a wonderful thing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Pathfinder

Throughout history art is used to show the superiority of a nation and or culture by worshiping and remembering greatness.

It is a label that emphasizes the creaTive process.
Old 16-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Guide
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Music, sculpture, paintings, poetry, even fashion, architecture, interior design...I don't say the word 'should' ...but it should

I know some artists paint or photograph things that stir up people politically...
in that way they really intend to do the same thing, but in a more aggressive way...ok.

I am an artist, retired now, so I don't talk about it here...in galleries, restaurants all over, getting calls to be placed in airports and
government lobbies in DC, shipping all over...(I have done and can do 20 ft x 10ft pieces easily, see.)
The intent for me is just beauty and wonder...the person opens their imagination and tells me they see things I didn't even see!

My stain glass pieces do something different...splashes of color with the sun coming through
actually wakes up the brain somehow ...it uplifts people 'somehow'...it's a wonderful thing.

Miss Hepburn, I'm thrilled to hear you are a retired artist, and impressed that you created 20 feet X 10 feet metal sculptures. Art is a strong interest of mine, mostly when it comes to viewing and appreciating it, because sketching is the only art I do myself. I compose poetry also, and poetry is certainly an art form.
The importance of Art, in all its many forms including music, cannot be overestimated because the beautiful vibrations it radiates nourish culture and society as a whole. If Art was non-existent, humanity would be in an exceedingly barbarous state (much more barbarous than it is now).
I have a special fondness for sculpture of all kinds, so, Miss Hepburn, I'm glad that you do such work, as well as stain glass that I very much appreciate, also.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Ascender
Or
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Art really important or not so much? I get the feeling that Art scares some types of people a great deal. They just don't seem to 'get it' and so it kind of unsettles them. When a country or civilisation starts to crumble and fall it is often Art which suffers first. It starts to be censored and discouraged and manipulated.

Why do some people like powerful leaders fear Art and artists?

Personally I think Art is very important. How do you feel about it?
1. I think art is subjective so people without provenance info. As on cultural context of symbolism has no bases clear interpretation of meanings. And 2. Abstraction with no solid central focus seems more chaotic and is considered of less value or interest.3. Gods are censored, not art itself when new kings with different spiritual beliefs come into power. It is called Iconoclasm.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Inspiring, Miss H!!! Being an artist myself I just wanted to say once an artist (in any form), always an artist. I have taken a hiatus from creating because life has gotten busy lately, but I hope to never be retired from being an artist.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Experiencer
The reason as to art preceding the crumble of a society is because Art expresses, or can express what is otherwise not expressed. Things that need a voice but are not often or cannot be vocally expressed. Things like love, certain forms of pain and such. A society begins to crumble when the voice for these things, so vital to human existence goes away. When expression begins to die, when the voice goes away. This is why forms of authoritarianism find it important to quickly get rid of the art, to include books, and music in a society.

Art in all forms, and music, is an important form of expression. I often struggle to find words to things, especially more difficult emotions. Art gives a place for the voice to include ALL representation. It balances society’s voice, and gives room, existence,for ALL forms of feelings.

Last edited by Aquamarine : 11-12-2018 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:15 AM
Master
I was once an artist formally known as.....

Art is only as important as one makes it out to be. I'm more expressive through movement. Like an athlete, dancer. I find more freedom, enjoyment in it.

I like to be out there exploring the earth, capturing its beauty and diversity for others to see. My way of sharing the experience.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:30 AM
Newbie ;)

I feel that inventiveness is similar to holiness, since when we make we perceive our very own God-like nature. We are more tuned in to Spirit through craftsmanship. Craftsmanship is a declaration of soul. Excellence, be it in nature or something man made resembles God winking at us; challenging us to recall our identity.
Old 17-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Master
This initial post reminds me of a short paper I was thinking about just the other day actually. I wrote it about a decade ago at the beginning of a semester of an art class. and I had chosen to write about 'Fantasy Art' and went on in approximately 250 words to say how often fantastical art, especially in history, has actually been more honest and real than non-fantasy art. partially because of censorship and tyranny and such, and not sure if I said this at the time, but probably also because it's like a blanket or veil covering you so you can be more blazen without fearing persecution for anyone can just assume you were being silly or not serious. well it's not that exciting what I wrote but I happened to have been thinking about it recently and then I checked out this thread lol so there you have it..

Yes art is one of the few mediums people have to express opinions and get messages across. and of course I'd look into leaders' fears more deeply than that, if they are corrupt or typical leaders anyways.. in that token, art threatens them because humans reaching their souls, and sharing from their hearts coupled with their minds, is powerful and when people realize their potential and act in soulful ways, they realize they don't need "rulership" and such "order".. and well then there would be no leaders so of course they don't want people being too creative or artistic or inspiring others to be so or simply see more of the truth.

It it my opinion and understanding that we humans are here to create art, and of course appreciate and share it. It is part of us, it is life, one just needs to look out most windows to realize that, or of course they can look within because infinite possibilities and pictures are there. it's not just leaders that are afraid of course it is followers too, but that's only because they've all been trained that way.. trained to suppress themselves and their soul purpose. and thus may feel silly appreciating others' too much. Society is designed to not understand as a whole. but thankfully there are always communities and movements and individuals who live to share the dreams and imagination made visual for anyone to see and try understanding. I hope that some day everyone realizes their call to creation and shares it while feeling free to appreciate others too. It's simple but unfortunately it's not the current reality.. I think it is what it is supposed to be though. so yeah, pretty important art is lol
Old 17-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by malan789
I feel that inventiveness is similar to holiness, since when we make we perceive our very own God-like nature. We are more tuned in to Spirit through craftsmanship. Craftsmanship is a declaration of soul. Excellence, be it in nature or something man made resembles God winking at us; challenging us to recall our identity.

indeed how lovely you said it

wow Miss Hepburn, that is awesome! I wonder why you don't share pictures of your work with us here or have you? You seem pretty down-low about it lol how come?