Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 AM
Seeker

Stuck emotions and the chakras

Lately I've been feeling stuck emotions in myself, when I try to pinpoint what part of my body the feelings are in I feel a painful tightness in my upper chest and back, like the area right between the heart and throat chakra. The feeling feels similar to anger and sadness. I've been trying to release it but don't know how, and was curious if anyone here would have any advice?
Old 02-10-2014, 03:23 AM
getgoodvibes

Hmmm, not sure exactly, but I will try to steer you in the right direction...are you having trouble expressing what's true in your heart? It seems that something is stuck in the heart area and wants to be expressed verbally (through the throat chakra) but there is some fear preventing that from happening. Do you tend to protect your heart a lot due to it getting hurt easily? That could be another reason that you are having trouble in that area. Perhaps you can go to a secluded area or practice with friends who are loving and caring and just totally speak your mind about whatever is bothering you. Let it all out and even yell and scream if you have to in order to let this energy out. You can even try role playing with friends and pretend they are someone you wish to express anger towards or some uncomfortable conversation and allow yourself to express it as honestly and thoroughly as possible. Hope this helps :)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Guide
You have built up energy do to lack of grounding is my guess. Grounding (like in a electrical circuit) protects us from a build up of emotions and other energy. Make sure your root is activated and then try again to address the built up emotions
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 04-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
You have built up energy do to lack of grounding is my guess. Grounding (like in a electrical circuit) protects us from a build up of emotions and other energy. Make sure your root is activated and then try again to address the built up emotions

Thank you that's actually really good advice, I tend to be ungrounded a lot. I'll research some grounding techniques
Old 04-10-2014, 03:37 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgoodvibes
Hmmm, not sure exactly, but I will try to steer you in the right direction...are you having trouble expressing what's true in your heart? It seems that something is stuck in the heart area and wants to be expressed verbally (through the throat chakra) but there is some fear preventing that from happening. Do you tend to protect your heart a lot due to it getting hurt easily? That could be another reason that you are having trouble in that area. Perhaps you can go to a secluded area or practice with friends who are loving and caring and just totally speak your mind about whatever is bothering you. Let it all out and even yell and scream if you have to in order to let this energy out. You can even try role playing with friends and pretend they are someone you wish to express anger towards or some uncomfortable conversation and allow yourself to express it as honestly and thoroughly as possible. Hope this helps :)

I do have trouble expressing myself most of the time, it's been something I've been working on for a while, so I guess it's a deep-rooted issue for me. If I have something to say to someone that I know will be controversial I tend to flake out, lately I've been in the position a lot where I just have to say things that are true to me but is hard for other people to hear. hmm so what you said makes a lot of sense!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa11
Lately I've been feeling stuck emotions in myself, when I try to pinpoint what part of my body the feelings are in I feel a painful tightness in my upper chest and back, like the area right between the heart and throat chakra. The feeling feels similar to anger and sadness. I've been trying to release it but don't know how, and was curious if anyone here would have any advice?

The key is not in feeling adverse to the sensations that are there, but rather, just being there and knowing they are, because that makes them not important, like you don't give a damn if they stay or they go... and that's how to put the 'letting' into letting go. Of course, they aren't permanent, and they will go soon enough, so you just do the letting part and it'll work itself out fine.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Woa93

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa11
I do have trouble expressing myself most of the time, it's been something I've been working on for a while, so I guess it's a deep-rooted issue for me. If I have something to say to someone that I know will be controversial I tend to flake out, lately I've been in the position a lot where I just have to say things that are true to me but is hard for other people to hear. hmm so what you said makes a lot of sense!

I'm the same, you know the thing that has helped me so much here is acceptance of who I am, the good and the bad. Be a friend to yourself first and foremost and acknowledge THAT you are feeling sad, frustrated and stuck.

We can only take a step forward if we know where we are standing and if that moment is filled with sadness or other negative emotions look at the bright side of that and see it for what it is. The opportunity to investigate the area's of conflict and really bring about some good changes there!

Don't be hard on yourself, don't beat yourself up for feeling the way you do, the only thing that matters is the fact that you're working on it. And you asked for advice here, which is a sign of acknowledging your problems (good sign!)

A good way to be looking at it is as if you were watching one of your loved ones who you hold dear talking like that to him/herself. I bet you won't let anybody put THEM down or tear away at their self-esteem for being who they are, and it's time you feel the same way about talking like that to yourself.

Acceptance, acceptance and more acceptance! Do you feel frustrated? Accept that you feel like that, just get to know it and smile kindly to whatever you find there in the spirit of attempting to see what is causing it to help yourself and heal.

I know it's tough but nature is on our side, whenever you plant a positive thought into your mind and allow it to grow those will eat away at the bad thoughts and eventually replace them. Your mind should be cheering you on, not devaluing or criticizing you for not feeling the things it thinks is appropriate.

Try to think more with your heart instead of the head on this one.
Good luck <3