Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Pathfinder

Feeling present after "darshan" with Amma

Last week I woke up one morning feeling really good, feeling love, compassion, joy, bliss in my heart, for about 5 hours I was feeling it, feeling really present and feeling all kinds of things I hadn't felt in years. 3 years ago this kind of thing was happening regularly after having a massive heart awakening but 2 years ago it all stopped so I really noticed it when it happened recently. Its been happening every second morning but is fading in intensity, this morning it was really mild and only lasted about a minute.

I don't know why it started happening out of the blue like this. The day before it started, I visited this spiritual master called Amma who was in my city at the time, she was doing this thing called "darshan" where she hugs you and says a mantra in your ear. I went up and did it, at the time I was really nervous so didn't feel anything. The event went on all night so I stayed up all night there doing volunteer work and went home the next day, after I got some sleep I woke up with the good feelings in my heart. I don't know if its connected or not. If it is then its pretty amazing that just having a brief encounter with a spiritual master like that can cause such a profound shift in consciousness. Does anyone here have experience with this kind of thing?
Old 21-10-2018, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
Last week I woke up one morning feeling really good, feeling love, compassion, joy, bliss in my heart, for about 5 hours I was feeling it, feeling really present and feeling all kinds of things I hadn't felt in years. 3 years ago this kind of thing was happening regularly after having a massive heart awakening but 2 years ago it all stopped so I really noticed it when it happened recently. Its been happening every second morning but is fading in intensity, this morning it was really mild and only lasted about a minute.

I don't know why it started happening out of the blue like this. The day before it started, I visited this spiritual master called Amma who was in my city at the time, she was doing this thing called "darshan" where she hugs you and says a mantra in your ear. I went up and did it, at the time I was really nervous so didn't feel anything. The event went on all night so I stayed up all night there doing volunteer work and went home the next day, after I got some sleep I woke up with the good feelings in my heart. I don't know if its connected or not. If it is then its pretty amazing that just having a brief encounter with a spiritual master like that can cause such a profound shift in consciousness. Does anyone here have experience with this kind of thing?
What a beautiful and inspiring story and thread.

Certain people just have the aura and vibration which can lift your mood and spirit immediately and place you in a positive, motivational and inspirational place.

I felt that when I was very young and met Swami Satyananda.

I also got my Mantra Diksha by Swami Chidananda in 2001, but I didn't feel anything at that time....it was all rather cold and 'ceremonial'.

I felt it oozing out of my Balinese martial arts teacher.
I felt it at Batu Caves whilst observing the 'piercing of the Vel'.
I felt it while dipping in the Ganges at Haridwar once.
I felt it watching Igor Kufayev on Youtube
I felt it during Shiva Ratri once, when somebody spiked my panchamrit with datura.
I felt it while trying on a Barong costume in Ubud while entering Bersakih temple and paying homage to the serpent, Vasuki.

...many times...

You feel like you are walking on clouds for weeks after that lost in bliss.
Old 24-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Pathfinder

Does it cause any kind of permanent transformation in you experiencing this temporary lift?
Old 24-10-2018, 11:56 PM
Master
It can facilitate a more lasting transformation, but is hardly ever the direct causal result of one.
Old 27-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Does it cause any kind of permanent transformation in you
experiencing this temporary lift?
Yes. It forever ruins your life.

You are like a drunk looking for alcohol, a drug addict wanting another fix.
Once we exp grace like a gift from Heaven Itself or have darshan from a powerful teacher/guru, we are never truly the same. Ha!
That's the point...
and a whisper from them? Forget about it.

Hold this exp in your heart as you would a candle, gently cupped close
to your chest in a drafty house, never knowing when a breeze could blow it out.
Each day close your eyes and refeel it...do nothing until you are in that love again...nothing else is real.
Reality is Bliss.
Focus your consciousness on that fact, always remaining open to the Truth that all around you and in you is that Bliss..or love.

You will need this advice that one morning you awaken and for some reason you are not automatically in that place you love...
like sand that has slipped thru your fingers...the elusive butterfly.
The honeymoon phase has worn off...now the seed placed in you will need to be tended.

This is where the Path begins...deliberate, intentional desire for Reality and
only That,
(the love, bliss, wisdom, confidence that is being aware of and connected to the only thing that is real)...
never settling for the mediocre like others.

This may not mean a lot to you, yet.

I'm looking at a photo I had made of Amma 20"x18''...and Yogananda and Ramana ...always keeping things
spiritually inspiring around you..because distractions for the mind are everywhere.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Master
The Guru’s energy transmission ... &

Your Continuous contemplative consciousness correction

Translating to: all time meditation

Translating to: divine-connection

Translating to: Love-elation

Perfect situation!
Old 30-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
feeling really good, feeling love, compassion, joy, bliss in my heart, for about 5 hours I was feeling it, ... this morning it was really mild and only lasted about a minute.
The thing about love and compassion (and derivate joy and bliss) is that love and compassion entail active engagement and involvement.

Some people, who aren't cut out for and so don't enjoy 'handling' the complications which inevitably attend engagements and involvements, may be very happy/fully content to experience bliss and joyfully think/pray/feel loving and compassionate thoughts without becoming [intimately U]in[/u]volved and engaged with specific others and/or their life-conditions, but for others that may not be 'enough' to feel fully alive and (so) flourish in flowering and fruiting fashion - though, of course, it may be quite pleasurable and genuinely satisfying fo do/be so for a while and think and feel love and compassion (without having to actively become involved and engaged) on occasions, like 'snuggling up in a blanket in front of a warm fire' and 'sucking one's thumb' (so to speak).

I don't know if this pertains to you, LAB, but I think in the case of actively oriented folks, bliss and joy etc. can only continue to be relationally fluctuatingly 'dance'-experienced and 'energy'-sustained (think of the flow of 'alternating' current) by way of actual loving engagement and compassionate involvement.

Here's a picture of a blissfully joyous passive (in the sense of being content to not be actively engaged and involved in intimate fashion) personality, dispensing "darshan":

Not the kind of lifesytle that suits everyone.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes. It forever ruins your life.

You are like a drunk looking for alcohol, a drug addict wanting another fix.
Once we exp grace like a gift from Heaven Itself or have darshan from a powerful teacher/guru, we are never truly the same. Ha!
That's the point...
and a whisper from them? Forget about it.

Hold this exp in your heart as you would a candle, gently cupped close
to your chest in a drafty house, never knowing when a breeze could blow it out.
Each day close your eyes and refeel it...do nothing until you are in that love again...nothing else is real.
Reality is Bliss.
Focus your consciousness on that fact, always remaining open to the Truth that all around you and in you is that Bliss..or love.

You will need this advice that one morning you awaken and for some reason you are not automatically in that place you love...
like sand that has slipped thru your fingers...the elusive butterfly.
The honeymoon phase has worn off...now the seed placed in you will need to be tended.

This is where the Path begins...deliberate, intentional desire for Reality and
only That,
(the love, bliss, wisdom, confidence that is being aware of and connected to the only thing that is real)...
never settling for the mediocre like others.

This may not mean a lot to you, yet.

I'm looking at a photo I had made of Amma 20"x18''...and Yogananda and Ramana ...always keeping things
spiritually inspiring around you..because distractions for the mind are everywhere.

I had the honeymoon 3 years ago and it was followed by devastation and disillusioning, Im only recently feeling the dawn may be coming after the dark night. Like floating down a river theres no going back, I cant ever be the same. I stopped desparately craving the grace, its welcome when it comes though
Old 30-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Pathfinder

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The thing about love and compassion (and derivate joy and bliss) is that love and compassion entail active engagement and involvement.

Some people, who aren't cut out for and so don't enjoy 'handling' the complications which inevitably attend engagements and involvements, may be very happy/fully content to experience bliss and joyfully think/pray/feel loving and compassionate thoughts without becoming [intimately U]in[/u]volved and engaged with specific others and/or their life-conditions, but for others that may not be 'enough' to feel fully alive and (so) flourish in flowering and fruiting fashion - though, of course, it may be quite pleasurable and genuinely satisfying fo do/be so for a while and think and feel love and compassion (without having to actively become involved and engaged) on occasions, like 'snuggling up in a blanket in front of a warm fire' and 'sucking one's thumb' (so to speak).

I don't know if this pertains to you, LAB, but I think in the case of actively oriented folks, bliss and joy etc. can only continue to be relationally fluctuatingly 'dance'-experienced and 'energy'-sustained (think of the flow of 'alternating' current) by way of actual loving engagement and compassionate involvement.

Here's a picture of a blissfully joyous passive (in the sense of being content to not be actively engaged and involved in intimate fashion) personality, dispensing "darshan":

Not the kind of lifesytle that suits everyone.
IME The love and compassion [u]in[\U]stills unrelenting desire to actively engage with others in compassionate.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:35 PM
Master
Quote:
IME The love and compassion instills unrelenting desire to actively engage with others in compassionate.
Yes, indeed.