Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-09-2018, 06:13 PM
Experiencer

Music concert and energy

Hi. I'd like some opinions and or advice on this please.

One of my favourite artists is going to perform in my country some time later this month and I would love to go and watch her. I am however worried about being in a big concert sized crowd knowing what I know about energy.

Is there any other way I can protect myself besides shielding in a crowd of people who are all revved up on music, and probably drink and drugs? What do people on this forum think about the atmosphere created in music concerts. Is it possible to just go there, enjoy the music without being somehow tainted by any bad energies?
Old 12-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Deactivated Account
I have attended many concerts the past few years, and though you may not like my preference of music (heavy metal etc) I've never encountered any trouble or people doing drugs. Everyone behaves and respects each other, and there's usually a very positive and uplifting atmosphere. I don't know what kind of advice to give, but I guess you are just unlucky that your concerts of choice attracts different kind of people that are more likely to cause trouble. Perhaps you should just try to find calm and less crowded spots or learn to ignore bad energy and just enjoy the show in case you still decide to go.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I have attended many concerts the past few years, and though you may not like my preference of music (heavy metal etc) I've never encountered any trouble or people doing drugs. Everyone behaves and respects each other, and there's usually a very positive and uplifting atmosphere. I don't know what kind of advice to give, but I guess you are just unlucky that your concerts of choice attracts different kind of people that are more likely to cause trouble. Perhaps you should just try to find calm and less crowded spots or learn to ignore bad energy and just enjoy the show in case you still decide to go.

Thanks for your response. Maybe my OP sounded a bit more dramatic than I meant it to be, but I'm particularly sensitive to other people's energies. I don't like going to pubs and clubs and such anymore because I can sense a different kind of energy that people give off when they are in a crowd and not sober.

The artist I want to see is an RnB artist so the most likely drug of choice there will be marijuana - which people tend to smoke quite openly in concerts in my neck of the woods. Mixed with alcohol, usually. People's energies definitely do change and it's not always nice to witness or be around. For me.

Anyway, thanks for reading and giving your opinion.

PS. Does Rammstein count as heavy metal because I like them but I wouldn't go to their concerts. They seem to whip people up into quite a frenzy

That kind of energy scares me
Old 13-09-2018, 01:55 AM
Experiencer
Have you ever carried any crystals on you for grounding and protection? I have found certain ones have worked wonders for me because I was just like you describe yourself and would pull in the negative energies of others around me and at times it would make me sick or with aches and pains from taking it into my field. Crystals can help to repel and with grounding yourself as well.
Old 13-09-2018, 04:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
Have you ever carried any crystals on you for grounding and protection? I have found certain ones have worked wonders for me because I was just like you describe yourself and would pull in the negative energies of others around me and at times it would make me sick or with aches and pains from taking it into my field. Crystals can help to repel and with grounding yourself as well.

No, I haven't tried crystals and I will look into that. Thank you.

Which ones would you recommend though? You know whenever I try grounding I am so unsure of whether or not I have been successful in grounding myself at all that I don't know if I do manage to do it properly. I am much more confident about the shield I create but not so much the grounding. Sounds like crystals could help.
Old 13-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Thanks for your response. Maybe my OP sounded a bit more dramatic than I meant it to be, but I'm particularly sensitive to other people's energies. I don't like going to pubs and clubs and such anymore because I can sense a different kind of energy that people give off when they are in a crowd and not sober.

The artist I want to see is an RnB artist so the most likely drug of choice there will be marijuana - which people tend to smoke quite openly in concerts in my neck of the woods. Mixed with alcohol, usually. People's energies definitely do change and it's not always nice to witness or be around. For me.

Anyway, thanks for reading and giving your opinion.

PS. Does Rammstein count as heavy metal because I like them but I wouldn't go to their concerts. They seem to whip people up into quite a frenzy

That kind of energy scares me

I wouldn't count Rammstein as heavy metal, they are rather Industrial metal. I like them a little bit but I prefer their earliest albums. Even though it's only for show and they don't take themselves quite seriously, I don't really like that whipping and uncanny stuff they do on stage neither, but I guess it's just their sense of humor. I personally prefer more uplifting bands and true heavy metal such as Hammerfall but I don't think you know them, lol.

I suppose it's time for you to seek different places and people without bad energy? Not everyone who's drunk has bad energy, it just depends on which place and people you're with. I generally try to ignore and avoid people and places that make me feel terrible and it works pretty well. I hope you'll succeed as well.
Old 13-09-2018, 01:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
No, I haven't tried crystals and I will look into that. Thank you.

Which ones would you recommend though? You know whenever I try grounding I am so unsure of whether or not I have been successful in grounding myself at all that I don't know if I do manage to do it properly. I am much more confident about the shield I create but not so much the grounding. Sounds like crystals could help.

Just recently I was given by my friend who is starting a crystal shop a labradorite palm stone and I truly have felt significant affects from carrying it. I feel it really balanced me and calmed me with any anxiety that comes with the days events. I know this particular stone seems to be working for me. You need to hold some to see what resonates with you and if you feel anything from them. Just follow your intuition when you see them.
Old 13-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
What do people on this forum think about the atmosphere created in music concerts. Is it possible to just go there, enjoy the music without being somehow tainted by any bad energies?
Nothing is ever about 'this good/that bad'. It's always about how you feel, what you experience, and what works or doesn't work for you. I can only tell you that in a million years I personally would never go to high-energy (loud) concert, or to any event where people are doing drugs/alcohol (not even a pub). That doesn't work for me. Now a 15th-16th century choral music concert, oh yes! That's me. :)

If you're already imagining it as an event where there will be "bad energy," that's really just you telling yourself that you're probably not interested. That's your intuitive self giving you clues as to how interested you actually are. And it's our intuitive self we only ever have to learn to listen to.
Old 13-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Master

[quote=Baile
If you're already imagining it as an event where there will be "bad energy," that's really just you telling yourself that you're probably not interested. That's your intuitive self giving you clues as to how interested you actually are. And it's our intuitive self we only ever have to learn to listen to.[/QUOTE]

Baile,

If one fears bad energy it is an indication that the individual fears vulnerable to that possibility. And, yes, this is that our intuition is attempting to protect ourselves. If an individual is really strong and confident then he is willing to trust himself that he can maintain his impartiality and open-mindedness despite any possible bad vibrations. In a sense, it is a test of your own strength.

Bad energy is present or potentially present in many situations other that musical concerts. Some people are adept at generatng bad energy and they employ that to manipulate others in order to increase their own strength. For example: think Hitler(not to mention other current and past public figures). Think of how many people perceive bad energy as a reality of different churches, religions, political groups, protest situations, etc. Our better selves(intuition, awareness, etc.) protect us when we feel vulnerable. It is no wonder that parents caution constantly against falling prey to peer pressure. Whenever we sucuumb to that it is often an expression of rebellion and supposedly asserting our freedom. Sadly, rather than obtaing freedom we often offer our hands, minds to slavery.
Old 13-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Master

An addendum: Recently on YouTube I have watched some videos of flash mob performances of Ode to Joy by Beethoven. IMO far and away an example of good energy in a setting of crowd presence.