Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 26-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Tedmil

Waking out of a dream and seeing a face

Last night I woke out of an odd dream and at the side of my bed there was purplish fog. I wear contacts so I sat up and once I leaned closer I could see it was the face of a pretty woman. It was completely static and it just faded away. I was a bit startled and turned to the side. I seen something similar last week it looked like a cloud. I reached out to touch it and it faded away. I remember it happened years before. I seen on different occasions a full body in vibrant colors. In all cases I woke out of dream, and the face/body was completely random from the dream. I figure it has something to do waking out of sleep but the detail was beautiful. Anyone have a similar experience?
Old 28-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Pathfinder
That sounds like quite a nice experience.

My experience of seeing a face after waking up however is not so nice and it frightened the life out of me ! I just woke up one night in the darkness right in the middle of the early hours and literally the minute I opened my eyes a grizzly, horrible face flashed like a white mist in front of me, it was a toothless man with greasy hair and cloaked. He looked as though he was growling at me with a scrunched up expression, and dog like. It was awful!

I couldn't tell if I had been dreaming though! What you have seen seems rather nice. The element that seems the same is how you describe the level of detail, I can still see that face in my minds eye vividly now even after four years!
Old 30-09-2017, 05:50 AM
Tedmil

Interesting. Though what you described seems creepy it may just be the surprise of suddenly seeing a face. Even the beautiful face I recently seen startled me. Last year, I seen what look like one of the classic Greek philosophers and that really spooked me. If it is just a waking dream, I wonder if dreams have the same detail that's lost after waking or if it's some other phenomenon.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmil
Last night I woke out of an odd dream and at the side of my bed there was purplish fog. I wear contacts so I sat up and once I leaned closer I could see it was the face of a pretty woman. It was completely static and it just faded away. I was a bit startled and turned to the side. I seen something similar last week it looked like a cloud. I reached out to touch it and it faded away. I remember it happened years before. I seen on different occasions a full body in vibrant colors. In all cases I woke out of dream, and the face/body was completely random from the dream. I figure it has something to do waking out of sleep but the detail was beautiful. Anyone have a similar experience?

Omg that happened to me once when i was young, except i wasnt sleeping, i was in bed with my eyes closed for a bit, then i opened them and a face that looked like what you see after looking at a bright light was right in front of me beside the bed. I was shocked and never tried to sleep facing the edge of the bed ever again
Old 28-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Master
yes i get i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 16-04-2018, 03:04 AM
Tedmil

It happened again. I woke out of dream and I lay thinking about the dream. I looked to the side of bed and was startled a fog. When it moved towards my eyes I could see it was the face of pretty woman with parted hair it then raised up and vanished. I came to compare to my previous experience. The faces seemed to be the same person who had nothing to with the dream and originated from the same area. The difference it was now a white color.
Old 20-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Newbie ;)

Waking out of a dream and seeing a face

Many of you might have experienced the same thing when you woke up from a night mare. I too had such experience. But it is just an illusion of our mind. Once I watched a horror movie and went to sleep straight after that. At that time my mind was full of the scary things happened in that movie. Due to that I saw a worst dream about the ghost in that movie. When i woke up from the dream I felt someone was there in my room. I searched and find none. Later I read from a magazine that all such things can happen due to the illusion of our mind.It is not real.
(edited by SF Staff for spam.)

Last edited by Tobi : 29-04-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 24-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Knower
Quote:

It sounds like it could be one of a few things. There are many people who have this experience upon waking from sleep. Some say it is merely the transition moment from the realm of sleep to reality and the dream content crosses for a slight moment. Others believe it is an angel that you are more receptive to in the moment of early wakening from sleep. Others think this is a spirit guide.

I have had similar experiences myself but not in a good way. I have woken up to the slimy feel of something wet on my ear moving. Upon becoming fully awake there is nothing there. I have also been what I feel attacked psychically in my sleep, as I have woken up chanting a prayer and feeling like I had won a battle.

Study what happened, you will find all sorts of people having had the same experience. do not worry.
Old 29-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Tedmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
It sounds like it could be one of a few things. There are many people who have this experience upon waking from sleep. Some say it is merely the transition moment from the realm of sleep to reality and the dream content crosses for a slight moment. Others believe it is an angel that you are more receptive to in the moment of early wakening from sleep. Others think this is a spirit guide.

I have had similar experiences myself but not in a good way. I have woken up to the slimy feel of something wet on my ear moving. Upon becoming fully awake there is nothing there. I have also been what I feel attacked psychically in my sleep, as I have woken up chanting a prayer and feeling like I had won a battle.

Study what happened, you will find all sorts of people having had the same experience. do not worry.
I considered this phenomenon as you said a transitioning out of a dream state. I don't think that is the case now. I've been roused out of sleep, in a state of confusion and still active in the dream. The difference in the noted cases I was aware I was up, knew I had a dream and was actively thinking about it. The face had nothing to do with with the dream.

I agree with the guess of a spirit guide/angel. On a couple of occasions I woke out of sleep and found myself flooded with thoughts about a particular person. There seemed to be no control of these thoughts as if they were being downloaded into my unconscious mind and becoming unnoticed as I became more or less alert.

I think the face is of the same person as who the thoughts concern. I guess I'd like to have proof. I thought about trying to get an actual photo as difficult as that may be.
Old 29-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
I considered this phenomenon as you said a transitioning out of a dream state. I don't think that is the case now. I've been roused out of sleep, in a state of confusion and still active in the dream. The difference in the noted cases I was aware I was up, knew I had a dream and was actively thinking about it. The face had nothing to do with with the dream.

I agree with the guess of a spirit guide/angel. On a couple of occasions I woke out of sleep and found myself flooded with thoughts about a particular person. There seemed to be no control of these thoughts as if they were being downloaded into my unconscious mind and becoming unnoticed as I became more or less alert.

I think the face is of the same person as who the thoughts concern. I guess I'd like to have proof. I thought about trying to get an actual photo as difficult as that may be.

If you are aware then that counts out that first theory I suppose. Being conscious of someone when waking could also be a premonition. Could this person represent emotion?
There are countless questions to ask yourself to do a process of elimination.

The main one would be: What state of mind are you in when you go to sleep, are you happy, sad, agitated, angry, anxious?

If you are prone to getting messages from beyond then there is more of a chance that this is some sort of a message for you, or even the support of a spirit for your life.

Regarding a video of this, its interesting. You could record your expressions when sleeping and waking to see if there is a pattern, along with keeping a dream diary to assess your findings. Write things down like dates and times if anything out of the ordinary happens. You can then look back and maybe find a pattern.
It is certainly a source for interest and study