Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Silky

Hi Pounamu,
Thanks for your thoughts on this - I must admit I don't know the answers here and in delving further on the internet have found an interesting piece on an american medium's website. It doesn't answer the question as to whether there's a hierarchy in a soul group, but it does raise questions on the role of a soulmate...
QUOTE: "The term, ”Soul Mate,” is very commonly misunderstood and misused. This is because the "900 number" commercials use the term soulmate frequently and incorrectly, confusing it with the term "Twin Flame". The "900 lines" would lead you to believe that you have found your one true other half (Twin Flame) when, in reality, you have found only ONE of your many SOULMATES. Sometimes a soul mate is a very loving partner but in most cases, they should come with huge warning labels on their T-shirts! In BOLD letters, saying:
RUN NOW DANGER APPROACHING! HEAD GAMES APPROACHING
Soulmates come into our lives to give us lessons. These lesson givers quite often come into our lives as alcoholics, abusers, gamblers, addicts, cheaters, have depression issues, had a dysfunctional childhood, a drama queen or king, sex-addicts, bosses, emotionally un–available or your best friend's mate. I know this sounds like half the population, but beware of the true nature of the soulmate. There is always an issue to deal with from a past life or unfinished soulmate business. Are you about to become caught up in the constant chaos they can and will bring into your life, will your soul-mate become your addiction?
Before you step into this mess that you may wish later you could just scrape off your shoes, ask yourself, would you fix this person up with your best friend or even a stranger? If not, why would you date them yourself? There is always a messy complication with a huge amount of electricity to keep you in the game. Pay attention to RED FLAGS! That's our own intuition talking to us. Unfortunately with a soulmate, oftentimes we choose to ignore all the warning signs, often we don’t even like this person when we first meet them, but we allow this lesson into our lives anyway. Yes, it makes us stronger and hopefully we learn not to repeat the same relationship mistakes, but the Universe will continue to bring us these soulmate lessons until we learn.
The truth is, a soulmate will always come into your life with major KARMA for you to deal with. The good news is you don’t have to play. You can chose to not engage in the lesson (hopefully, because you've already learned it). If you choose to stay and play, be sure to hang on (mostly to your sanity), because this is when the roller coaster ride starts and all the games begin!
Every relationship is a mirror that helps us to learn more about ourselves. They are the most challenging and the most rewarding aspects of life. The more intimate the relationship the greater the opportunity for growth we are given. If an issue or person has an emotional “charge” to it, then you still have work to do. This mirror is the hardest to look at because it reflects the issues you have not yet finished in your life. These are the things that we are the most blind to. Hence, beware of the soulmate, I know I sound repetitive! Someone has to tell you.
Self-understanding is the entire reason for these mirrors, not to ‘fix’ the other person, but to look at yourself and learn. The primary reason for most soulmate relationships is so you can work on your spiritual self and your karma! So with that said, the more you clear up issues for yourself and the more YOU ARE the ‘right’ person; the sooner you will attract the twin flame you are looking for.
Soulmates share a common mission and comparable stage of spiritual development. They come together because they are working on the same type of karma and the same chakra simultaneously. So soulmates have an attraction that is based on the sacred labor and on the path of self-mastery on your personal spiritual path.
In a soul mate relationship there is always a connection between you from prior lives. Keep in mind that you can have as many as 3000 soulmates in one life time. You have not been happily married to each of them but in some cases you have killed each other or you may have been each others parents, siblings or battling next-door neighbors.
Quite often in readings, I see a similar pattern for many couples. For example, when a couple is experiencing a horrible sex life, it is often because they were siblings in a past life and therefore the intimate relationship in their current life feels wrong. Another common pattern is marrying someone who was our parent in a past life, which provides an opportunity to work out whatever unresolved lessons you might have from the past. In many cases issues are reversed from lifetime to lifetime so that we might learn how the other person felt.
Whenever you consider breaking up with a soulmate, it seems A GIANT MAGNET appears in the sky making you both run into each other in the strangest of places. Soulmates can feel you come in the door when you come home or know when you're in a crowded place. A soulmate can project his/her thoughts onto you so it becomes unclear if you are thinking of them or they are projecting their thoughts on you so that you can’t tell if they are thinking of you, or you are missing them. It takes a lot to break free from a soulmate, oftentimes you'll break up 6 to 20 times.
A word of warning if you choose to marry one of your soulmates: Do NOT COMPLAIN constantly to your friends and family about your relationship. They won't understand that you've chosen each other as a contract of lessons and you'll only make the other people in your life despise your spouse.
Twin Flames
Twin flames are ourselves in another body. When we have reached the stage where we are capable of giving unconditional love, we then have the opportunity to reconnect with our “other half” or twin flame. The chances are that we meet our twin flame briefly in many lifetimes, but one or both of us are not ready for the intensity of this connection. When both halves of the whole are ready to come back together and meet they will discover that in their lifetime they have lead almost parallel lives. The events of their lives will mirror each other almost exactly. They may have come from very similar families and family dynamics. They may have had similar schooling or lack thereof. They may have crossed paths socially or lived close by to each other and never known it. They may have almost identical careers. They may even have previous marriages and divorces within weeks of each other. When twin flames get to know each other, they will feel as if the other is reading their life script. That isn't to say they are identical people, but they are perfectly complimentary to each other.
When twin flames meet for the first time in a physical life, they recognize themselves in the other person. This will come as a deep surprise to both, but the recognition is immediate. At the same time you will feel that you have always known this person who is sitting in front of you. It is a feeling of home-coming, because you recognize your other self and feel very much that you have come home when you are with your spiritual twin flame counterpart. Be aware that soulmates also have a strong recognition pattern, only there will be that little voice in your head that knows the difference.
When twin flames come together they become one, they are not like each other but they are the mirror image of the other. They think alike, they hold the same values and often their life experiences are very similar. Twin flames do not teach each other, they learn together and help each other learn the lessons that have been set before them in this lifetime. When twin flames come together they join forces and are capable of overcoming obstacles the average mortal could not begin to face. They are so filled with unconditional love they literally glow with it and have much to share with others. They are the inspiration that poets write about and singers sing about.
How can you tell the difference between a soulmate & a twin flame? There will be NO drama! Fortunately, you also have me to help you determine the difference. When you are ready to break your unhealthy patterns of attracting unhealthy soulmates, I have many tools to help you set you free. I can help you attract your twin flame or at the very least, someone you have no karma with so that you can go into a relationship with a clean slate "

Although this challenges what most of see as the role of a soulmate, it does actually bear some reality in some relationships I see.

I'd be interested to see what "the forum" think on this one!

Silky x
Old 06-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Pounamu

Hi Silky -

You quote:
"Sometimes a soul mate is a very loving partner but in most cases, they should come with huge warning labels on their T-shirts! In BOLD letters, saying:
RUN NOW DANGER APPROACHING! HEAD GAMES APPROACHING"

I had to have a hearty chuckle at that; and I do believe that the quotation you gave substantially echoes my understanding of the natures of Twin Flames and Soulmates... thanks for posting that!

Pounamu
Old 06-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Eline

I don't think you should live your life thinking "oh no, this could be a soulmate-run!" everytime you meet a nice guy/girl. And I don't believe soulmates only mean trouble, but that's my personal opinion. No one can really say they know the exact truth regarding this subject. It all comes down to what you believe.

And no drama? that sounds pretty boring to me, I think I'd prefer a soulmate ^^

Xxx

Last edited by Eline : 06-02-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Closed Thread