Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
How do I love myself?

Thanks
How do I love myself? To me love is a very special and rare feeling. I don't know if I can say I actually do truly love myself. Love should be placed above everything. I don't place myself above anything. Maybe love is just the wrong word. I have self respect, I have trust in myself. I have love for others. Me??? I am expendable. I really feel the word love is so over used most people don't know the difference love and like, or love and lust. If you asked me how do I energize myself, or how enjoy myself I could rattle off all types of things.
Old 15-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
How do I love myself? To me love is a very special and rare feeling. I don't know if I can say I actually do truly love myself. Love should be placed above everything. I don't place myself above anything. Maybe love is just the wrong word. I have self respect, I have trust in myself. I have love for others. Me??? I am expendable. I really feel the word love is so over used most people don't know the difference love and like, or love and lust. If you asked me how do I energize myself, or how enjoy myself I could rattle off all types of things.
Well said, Hallow. Reminded me of: "Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." - the 'ground' being 'love'. methinks.
Old 17-10-2019, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay mehra
If I don't Love myself, Can I Love anyone else?

Does love have anything to do with you/yourself?
Old 17-10-2019, 07:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay mehra
If I don't Love myself, Can I Love anyone else?
yes you can!
Old 17-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Master
When a peep say's they love a peep what is love based upon?

What I mean is, there are many that love another or are attracted to another based upon their looks, their mind, their bank balance, their fame / status etc etc ..

I think it is perhaps fair enough to say that at times the emotion gets the better of us all, our hormones go into overdrive and then the honeymoon period ends lol .

I see a lot of peeps nowadays getting married and it doesn't last a year or two, they end up hating one another, going through the courts and claiming half of the other halves estate ..

There is a lady at work who has been married for 7 years and doesn't seem to be too happy, she said she will never leave him because he isn't going to get half of her house no matter how she feels about him ..

I think carrying on with this theme a lot of people cannot afford to separate nowadays, I have two instances at hand where one friend is living in the same house as her husband but they live separate lives and the husband stays at his girlfriends house at weekends, another friend stays miserable with her husband because if they split up she would have to go live back with her mother at 50 years old ..

I am speaking along such lines here because in my eyes true love never dies and yet we have these situations that are rife where love seems to be absent .

So was it true love to begin with or not? Infatuation or something simply governed by the feel good chemicals in the brain that one day are no longer present ...

I suppose like many things, there are many levels to love just as there is to self, but I would say from my experience there is a deeper soul love that is beyond the emotions and beyond the impulses and the desires ..

So when the question arises, do you love yourself or can you love another while not loving oneself ..

One would have to think long and hard as to what love is, in reflection of such a question ..

x daz x
Old 17-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Does love have anything to do with you/yourself?
Hello OceanBreeze -

In my view, deriving from what I have read and heard and thought about and experienced, Love is the source-'code' (think computer operating system) from which all Being-n-Doing (think Life) 'springs'. We are 'nascent' (baby?) souls who have the built-in potential to learn (think break out of our ego-shells) and grow towards 'maturity' (think become full-fledged off-spring) in said Love regard.

Here's a fable which I have found to be meaningfully illustrative of said process:
“God (a/k/a Source) ‘gives’ people every (kind of) thing they could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then, one by one, takes these away from them and/or places the possibility of their ‘having’ them (again, in the former case) out of reach, such that all they are then left with Being-n-Doing (that is, should they then choose to themselves be and continue so) is the Love and Joy they were thereby soulfully introduced to, which Love and Joy is Life Itself!"
Old 17-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
How do I love myself?

Simple: Love God.

That takes care of all other possible variables, including oneself.

~ J
Old 17-10-2019, 08:31 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Simple: Love God.

That takes care of all other possible variables, including oneself.

~ J

Thank you for this.

It cuts straight to the Heart of the matter.
Old 18-10-2019, 03:04 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Thank you for this.

It cuts straight to the Heart of the matter.

Just read all his posts . Straight to the heart,

Namaste

Jl
Old 19-10-2019, 02:10 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
When a peep say's they love a peep what is love based upon?

Here's my understanding. There are all sorts of love. Love of nature; hobbies, pastimes and even work; parents and siblings; self-identity; friends; romantic love.

Then there's simply the love arising from for lack of a better word Truth. If I had to label it I'd say it's unconditional love of the type that does not discriminate or fit into the prior categories.

It's the love Jesus spoke of. "Love your neighbor as you love yourself" because at the core of our being we are all one in the same.